Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceramic toe and Knee sliders.-SIDI

Bike
    Honda PC800

Ceramic toe and Knee sliders.-SIDI

I've been having all sorts of hassles with grinding away toe sliders on my boots.Standard Sidi sliders are $20 a set and last me half a meeting.
    If Im not careful I end up grinding through the toes of my boots as well as the sliders.
    Well I can't be the only one with this problem because SIDI have just delivered CERAMIC toe sliders
    They are bloody fantastic.
    I used a set on sunday and in 2 practice sessions and 2 races they are barely showing a mark. They are a fair bit louder than stock scrapers
    They aint cheap at $60 a set but well worth it if you grind ya toes.
    They fit all SIDI vert boots and I suspect they will fit other brands too with a little bit of adjustment
    Sidi have also just bought out ceramic knee scrapers.
    I dunno how good they are but if the toe scrapers are anything to go by they are gonna be really good.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    aparently the sliders on my suit are ceramic as well, cant really report on their wear as they aint touched the deck yet

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    aparently the sliders on my suit are ceramic as well, cant really report on their wear as they aint touched the deck yet
    Just how hard have you tried to touch the deck?

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Damn these would be quite useful! I'm hoping W2 will try and copy sidi in this regard, my sliders can get a bit wasted sometimes and I'm sure a track day would wreck them pretty bad. $20 friccken rip off bits of plastic grumble grumble...

Do they stick to the ground a little less than the plastic ones or do they stick more? Wonder what happens if they shatter O_o

edit: could you post a pic of the attachment method so I can look into getting some (see if they fit). Cheers!

Bike
    '06 Honda Fartblood

Oh-Yeah!

That sounds like just the ticket! I've almost gone right through the titanium ones already...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrape.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	20555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamuda.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	300.8 KB 
ID:	20556  
    Keep it rubber-side down...

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    Just how hard have you tried to touch the deck?
    A little, got the toe down before but the road aint really the place........

well thats my excuse!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    if youre in the area you could look at mine.
    They dont seem to grab or 'dig in' like plastic scrapers do.
    The only issue is the first time you touch em down --they are pretty loud
    Your local dealer might not know about em yet--But the sidi agent for new Zealand has em in stock.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Im borrowing a set of Teknics and they are ceramic knee sliders and my mate who owned them before he moved away had them he came up to teach me around Manfield, he was on a ZX10 and was scraping his knee on the deck all the time and they dont hardly show wear I wore them for ages scraping them around carparks everywere and you can not even tell that they are worn but right now im using a set of Styl Martin Titanium ones just figured I had them around the wrong way so they wont spark
    So this weekend is gonna be the time and the place to do it bring on Kaitoke
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    Sold
    A little, got the toe down before but the road aint really the place........

well thats my excuse!
    Aha, hence "scratched toe" under your KB name!

I've seen you getting down low on your bike down 22 once or thrice Alex...

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    Aha, hence "scratched toe" under your KB name!

I've seen you getting down low on your bike down 22 once or thrice Alex...
    Maybe me needs longer legs? or a better technique! but at least this way I dont go through knee sliders like there no tomorrow, it hard enough paying for tires and fuel

Bike
    Sold
    Maybe me needs longer legs? or a better technique! but at least this way I dont go through knee sliders like there no tomorrow, it hard enough paying for tires and fuel
    Lol, what do sliders cost to replace again?? lol

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    Frosty don't take this the wrong way but, Have you tried moving your "inside" foot back a little on the peg?
    I had the same problem as you when racing the 125 but found that by repositioning my inside foot prior to the corner I was able to get outta the way.
    Just a thought - I know how much fun it is to "touch down".
    Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    maybe you have good technique....I used to think when I was alot younger I was pretty quick around corners on my rgv...scraping my kneeslidders happily...but the there was this one day a guy on a RF900 came rocking along...ripped past me...and I though yeah...I learn you when we get to the corners....but noooooooo.....he just flew around...hanging off a bit...not much...no knee slidders to touch down...and he carried alot higher corner speed than I did...and after trying my hardest to keep up...he just casually pissed off...and fortunatly for me...he pulled over a bit down the line for a rest...so I pulled in and said gidday...folwed by...how the fuck were you cornering so quickly on that bohemouth of a bike...and he spent the rest of the afternoon teaching me...and man...I was learnt good and proper...and what a great buggar for spending time with me when i was young...[and knew everything]...I was conering alot quicker with less effort within a few hours...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Frosty don't take this the wrong way but, Have you tried moving your "inside" foot back a little on the peg?
    I had the same problem as you when racing the 125 but found that by repositioning my inside foot prior to the corner I was able to get outta the way.
    Just a thought - I know how much fun it is to "touch down".
    No offence taken dude --Ill take a picture of my footpegs for ya --Theyre about 20mm shorter than when Mr suzuki made em.So with ball of foot firmly on peg I still scrape my toes.
    That said -I can be a tadd untidy with my foot placement sometimes prefering to put my foot alongways out on the peg and really stomp on it.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    No offence taken dude --Ill take a picture of my footpegs for ya --Theyre about 20mm shorter than when Mr suzuki made em.So with ball of foot firmly on peg I still scrape my toes.
    Hmmm. Maybe if you didn't lean it a bit, and went a bit slower around the corner...

I could show you how to go around corners sloly if you like...
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Thread Information