Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R E S P E C T

Bike
    Sniff... None
    BUgger... looks like I've missed some good pointless muck raking... note to self - must waste more valuable time on here and search harder in future.

Hitcher, agree. What can you say, some people take what's said on here far too seriously, and overreact accordingly. Since when did internet forums about bikes need to be personal attacks on the riders? Grrr...
    "You, Madboy, are the Uncooked Pork Sausage of Sausage Beasts. With extra herbs."
    - Jim2 c2006

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Well said Hitch, FROSTY and others.

I know I'm prone to taking things a little less than seriously - and hijack threads from time to time (in innocence - I get an idea and just run with it).

Point it out if I've done bad... I'm happy to hear it.

I'm not into bagging people, and I like to think I'm reasonably earnest (a little too earnest huh fish?) but shit... if I'm doin' something dumb, let me know.

We need to be aware of the variety of reason people stop in here. Some are to talk shop, and shop only, some to discuss bikes in their various applications (on road, off road), and some to just blast away with the BS (Rant and Rave). If the post is in the right place, I don't care.

If the post gets personal and/or unwelcome advice is being shoven down the throats of others, then it's time to back off. There are a couple in here who need to learn when it's time to back off, and simply agree to disagree.

No big deal - just deal with it.

Hitcher - you're bang on with the focus on respect. Without that we're nothing. Respect ain't a request to sit back and agree with something others say - it's about saying what you have to say, but letting others do the same. If your motive is to piss people off then find somewhere else to do it. It's not respecting your target/victim, and it's not respecting the rest of us.

MDU ranting slowing now...
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman
    Word up Hitcher...
    altho' it was a piss-take, i enjoyed reading about people's mods & opinions & suggestions about RFs...cos it was about BIKES and riding 'EM!
    need more of the same..maybe even about other bikes
    Yeah - I was the target on that one - but I'm fine with it because I know the people involved, and I know there was no malice involved - I'm happy to give and take with those guys gals anyway.

Funny how it slowed down when I asked for the piss to be taken...
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Sold
    You're right as usual Hitcher. I have often been at the forefront of these flame wars unfortunately and feel I must now make public apology for those I've offended, intentionally or not. Sorry.

I'm all for making KB a better place and will ensure I do my part towards that goal, which includes shutting my mouth and not taking things too seriously/personally anymore!

Zed

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    Thankyou Hitcher. I concur.
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    Honda Magna 750 - go Black Betty
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDownUnder
    Well said Hitch, FROSTY and others.

I know I'm prone to taking things a little less than seriously - and hijack threads from time to time (in innocence - I get an idea and just run with it).

Point it out if I've done bad... I'm happy to hear it.

I'm not into bagging people, and I like to think I'm reasonably earnest (a little too earnest huh fish?) but shit... if I'm doin' something dumb, let me know.

We need to be aware of the variety of reason people stop in here. Some are to talk shop, and shop only, some to discuss bikes in their various applications (on road, off road), and some to just blast away with the BS (Rant and Rave). If the post is in the right place, I don't care.

If the post gets personal and/or unwelcome advice is being shoven down the throats of others, then it's time to back off. There are a couple in here who need to learn when it's time to back off, and simply agree to disagree.

No big deal - just deal with it.

Hitcher - you're bang on with the focus on respect. Without that we're nothing. Respect ain't a request to sit back and agree with something others say - it's about saying what you have to say, but letting others do the same. If your motive is to piss people off then find somewhere else to do it. It's not respecting your target/victim, and it's not respecting the rest of us.

MDU ranting slowing now...

This is a very good post

I was thinking about what Hitcher said too...
    I'll try to behave and stay on topic more too.
    I've finished okay...there are no last words of wisdom...it's time to pull your pants up and go home!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I agree with Hitcher. I used to spend hours trawling this site, checking out what people had to say. Nowadays I rarely find anything of worth to read, let alone bother posting a response to.

If I wanted to hear about everyone's little hissy fits with someone who allegedly abused them or their loved ones, I'd buy a gossip magazine! Or find another forum...

I like the rave on forum, but some of the stuff posted does walk a very fine line with regards to decency and taste. And a lot of the language is not what you'd expect to see on a public forum with members of all ages.

Respect isn't a given, it has to be earned, and some people here will always have my respect. Others have a long way to go.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Thank you Mr Hitcher.....
    Well said....

I have noticed alot of the 'older' senior members have been missing for some time... which is a great shame, as they come with wit and alot of wisdom.

I have not been around much as well.... and found that most threads are not worth opening up... due to the foul mouthed language in some of the threads.
    (Sure I swear like most of us do, but certain words are just derogatory (sp) to women so lets respect everyone)
    Please remember that all genders and ages read this site.
    Remember that some people are 'guests' and reading these threads.
    What is it saying about KB.

I like to read the ones about bikes as that is the only way to learn about how bikes work plus learn about repairing them.
    Also I like to see where the rides are happening and the neat write up afterwards.

So lets all RESPECT each other out there....
    Take care and ride safe out there on the roads

The last thing I want to see is SpankMe pulling the plug on this site.
    So lets all show RESPECT to SpankMe as well.

PS: I have made the decision NOT to post any police comms emails about any riders down... This decision was made after the debate in the threads a wee while back. Since then I havent posted any due to the respect of the rider and family members.

Hmmm,me too...as one who thinks this is a place I may back away from.I don't even bother opening a lot of threads,the dreaded ''Cibby'' I never even looked at,didn't know what was going on.I've realised these last few weeks that my typical headbanging on my pet subjects is pointless,there has been a paridgim shift in thinking....I'm on the outside on how I view life....and double standards is the new standard.I don't ride sports bikes,I ride alone and have no need for a ''community'',family and friends supply that need.But I want to talk to like minded people about bikes,it appears there are less people I ''click'' with than before....
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Is this symptomatic of us not actually meeting in person very much?

It's easy to bang on about all manner of stuff online, slag each other online where face to face it's a completely different story?

Look at the racers - they know each other really well... and I'd say there is a community of sorts there?

Bike
    XR600
    thank you hitch nicely said.
    at times i have thought about leaving the site due to egos.
    there are some good minds on this site i wish to pick, shit brilliant minds at that.

can we lose rep points and posts etc. so it's not a contest?
    Lost in USA

Bike
    A shiny red one
    As a new user I agree that this group has gone downhill over the last wee while. My own belief is that you treat others how you yourself wish to be treated. However the diversity of the Kiwi motorcycling community means that some members can't see outside their own little world and don't worry about the impact of the things they say or do. Part of the problem might also be that some of us take things a bit too personally then think "f#@k it - I don't need this" and leave. As you said - too many pearls are leaving. We need to thing about how we get 'em back then keep 'em. However this is "a site for all New Zealand motorcyclists" and we should keep it that way. It just means a bit of moderation and a bit more acceptance otherwise we regulate the hell out of the site and become the elitists that we all love to take the p!$$ out of.

Bike
    Assorted British
    Well Said Hitcher

Your comments have echoed my exact thoughts. As an older and long member of KB i used to spend many happy hours on this site both reading and replying to many bike related issues and comments. After all this is "KiwiBiker" is'nt it??? surely this indicates that it is a site for people with a love of motorcycles and all things related to them.
    At least that is how it used to be. We had many great debates about many things without having to stoop to such personal attacks and disguisting language as is the case now in many instances, along with the attacks on our law enforcement people, who, just like you and i, have a job to do that i am sure you would'nt want.
    It is indeed sad to see many of the old and familiar names missing from the forum threads these days. So come on everyone, lets make an effort to tidy up the act and get on with what we all really enjoy. Riding our bikes (No matter what type or brand they may be) and being courteous and friendly to all our fellow bikers both on the roads and on this site.

Cheers

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    i think i brought something like this up a few months ago actually
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Agree with you Hitcher.

You're right - I can't even be bothered to log in of late as there's been so much crap.

It's seasonal - same thing happened last December I recall - sk8rboi et al...

I would suggest that people who want to post crap surf on over to visordown.com or anothersite.co.uk ...

Maybe the reason you see less of the older members on the site is because they have decided to go for a ride rather than talk shit.

It upsets me to see members like PaulinNZ flamed especially after I've read so many wonderful posts from him over the last couple of years.

I dunno - maybe I'm just as guilty as everyone else of talking crap.

[/RANT]
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Thread Information