Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: R E S P E C T

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni
    Not sure if I agree there, I seem to notice a dozen or so names coming up over and over again
    Im one of those and for that I apologise!
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ
    The correct way to deal with this is to make PD a better place to poast (tm) again. Bring back VB tags, let them eat cake!

However, most of PD is the good stuff. Mindless banter, in a place where it is supposed to go, and doesn't disturb other people's discussion about actual topics.

Someone tell me I'm right?
    You are right.Though PD is not a place for abusive posting. Shit stirring, drivel and piss taking by all means. And good old fashioned robust argument. But there's no place where personal attacks are appropriate.

I think a site like this should be likened to a bunch of riders meeting up in the pub. Plenty of bike talk, some banter, chat about this and that, maybe a bit of PT. Sometime arguments get a bit heated. Bikers are pretty robust souls,and shouldn't have their feeling too easily hurt. But if it gets to the point where trhe barman is calling 111, somethings wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    Well said Hitcher and others....

Like any publication / forum I read what I want. What has been going on hasn't bothered me. I still find KB a great source of knowledge and awesome community. So hats off to SpankMe and the moderators for the time and effort of providing this forum of like minded biking enthusiasts.

IF people are abusing their freedom of speach, personal attacks or verbal diarrhoea then why not give the moderators some teeth to limit their rantings.

Limit as in they can only post x posts per day instead of unlimited.??
    Then they may not be so free to bring displeasure to others that are here for more community reasons.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion

I think a site like this should be likened to a bunch of riders meeting up in the pub. Plenty of bike talk, some banter, chat about this and that, maybe a bit of PT. Sometime arguments get a bit heated. Bikers are pretty robust souls,and shouldn't have their feeling too easily hurt. But if it gets to the point where trhe barman is calling 111, somethings wrong

i worked in a few of the "rougher" bars in the States.. some of the shit in here woulda ended up in me sweeping teeth off the floor at 3 am in those places

i say " KB'r Deathmatch"..you get an alley and a couple chairs and turn em all loose at the same time with an hour before to get nice and pissed

money raised in wagers could be donated to Spankme
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    You are right.
    Thank goodness!
    Though PD is not a place for abusive posting. Shit stirring, drivel and piss taking by all means. And good old fashioned robust argument. But there's no place where personal attacks are appropriate.
    I very much agree. What I love about PD is how nothing is serious. It's the little brother of KB, less serious and more fun. Probably like that >>> :spudbn:

Ixion can be in the Hitcher/Fish/KB Kool Klub? Can I join?

I still think I should be a moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by sixpackback
    Vigorous discusion is not allowed....every on follow the party line boys and girls...hitchers right, your wrong
    The posts in question were not deleted. They were following a significantly different line of reasoning to the original thread. They are now in a thread where people can continue to "vigorously discuss" such matters, should they wish.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Although 'some' would say that, that isn't how you bait people into a confrontational response - and end up in a sh*t fight that turns people away from this site.
    I have no problems with moderators moving posts or deleting threads. I would assume that a moderator would have the good judgement to do so appropriately. Perhaps it should happen more often until things improve. I am not advocating a police state but if people posting do not have the responsbility to police themselves then somebody must be allowed to do it for them. Is that not how civilised society works?
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop
    Is that not how civilised society works?
    In theory if you treat people like adults, they should respond as adults. How exceptions to this premise should be dealt with is an issue that has troubled loftier minds than ours for millenia.

What would you do if somebody came into your house and started relentlessly abusing you or your family? And rang you up, texted or emailed you with a constant stream of drivel or abuse? Would you sit there quietly and patiently note all the relevant points they made because it was their "right" to say whatever snaked randomly across their mind? I think not.

Pious, hand-wringling, limp-wristed, basket-weaving, sandal-wearing, soft-cocked liberals quite frankly shit me to tears. Up with them I shall not put!

I shall stop there before I am forced to moderate myself...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Well said Hitcher.

I tend to agree with oldrider in that the site seems to be suffering from growing pains I guess on account of all the new people here, yea me included.

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Hmmm,me too...as one who thinks this is a place I may back away from.I don't even bother opening a lot of threads,the dreaded ''Cibby'' I never even looked at,didn't know what was going on.I've realised these last few weeks that my typical headbanging on my pet subjects is pointless,there has been a paridgim shift in thinking....I'm on the outside on how I view life....and double standards is the new standard.I don't ride sports bikes,I ride alone and have no need for a ''community'',family and friends supply that need.But I want to talk to like minded people about bikes,it appears there are less people I ''click'' with than before....
    And this site would be much poorer without your input for those like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer
    You're right - I can't even be bothered to log in of late as there's been so much crap.

I would suggest that people who want to post crap surf on over to visordown.com or anothersite.co.uk ...
    I only log on once a day and scan the posts for the three or four that look worthy of reading. So much rubbish...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Pious, hand-wringling, limp-wristed, basket-weaving, sandal-wearing, soft-cocked liberals quite frankly shit me to tears. Up with them I shall not put!
    Quite agree.

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    i suggest a sub site for an "elite black mission crew"
    where entry is granted by the one an only unofficial site president hitcher.

so you can log in to the elite KB, an laugh at those that cant. yeh!

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    You're right as usual Hitcher. I have often been at the forefront of these flame wars unfortunately and feel I must now make public apology for those I've offended, intentionally or not. Sorry.

I'm all for making KB a better place and will ensure I do my part towards that goal, which includes shutting my mouth and not taking things too seriously/personally anymore!

Zed
    IS THAT APOLOGY FOR ME ZED?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by WINJA
    IS THAT APOLOGY FOR ME ZED?
    Sorry, it's not.

Bike
    WINJA, Zed's apology was for me!

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed