Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSX250 or GPX250

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    the gpx250 is the better bike and it just sounds so much better when the supermarket calls over the loud speaker "would the owner of the black kawasaki ninja please move it out of the loading zone"
    http://thenc30project.blogspot.com/

Popping wheelies on sj50's since 2003
    Code:
    if (user.postcount > user.yearsriding*user.ccrating) {
    user = kiwibiker.postwhore}

Bike
    written off GPX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk
    GPX250.
    Bulletproof engine.
    Tall.
    Cheap.
    Easy to maintain.
    Parts everywhere.
    as above, great bike.. I've had my 87 gpx for a few months now.
    good all round bike, just keep the oil & filter changes regular

cheers,
    alex

Bike
    1988 Suzuki GSX-R 250
    Haha aww, I put effort into saying the GPX was the better choice and he goes for the GSX.

Have to learn by yourself I guess.
    Last edited by shcabbeh; 3rd December 2005 at 21:18. Reason: wrong message
    "Now you've got it. If you owned a Honda then your opinion would matter. You would then know the Ducati you don't own runs like crap." - howie (DML)

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    the cage thats gone to the closest to beating my gpx in a 0-100 was today a chevvy camaro, we were dead even, but i dislocated my thumb last night so my gear changes were a bit sloppy, but yeah the gpx is quick enough! i almost pulled a wheelie in first gear just under power (not by dropping the clutch) i could feel the front lifting but yeah didn't want it to...

Code:

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by gamgee
    the cage thats gone to the closest to beating my gpx in a 0-100 was today a chevvy camaro, we were dead even, but i dislocated my thumb last night so my gear changes were a bit sloppy, but yeah the gpx is quick enough! i almost pulled a wheelie in first gear just under power (not by dropping the clutch) i could feel the front lifting but yeah didn't want it to...
    good onya......bikes rule i used to easily walk away from skylines and imprezzas at the lights....mwahahaha heil the 500hp per ton power to weight......
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2020 Yamaha R3
    not so sure about the gsx been gutless but it does love to jump when you touch the throttel

Bike
    a bike

gsx or gpx

hey man I got a gsx250 its a little bigger than a gpx, I went out riding with my friend, shes got a gpx250, I must say the gpx sounds really good. both her and her partner own twin yellow gpx250's.

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    I've had my CBR250RR for a couple of years, and have just recently started racing it in streetstock. It's a brilliant machine and you can thrash all the time no worries. But since you are 6'2" I've heard that the zxr250 is suited more for the bigger type. They should be about the same as the CBR, I've never been beaten by one, but I'm a pretty reasonable rider. If I were you I would try to get a test ride on one.

If you think you will ever get into racing. The you should get a ZXR or a CBR. If you just want a cheap to run, reliable as gutless commuter, then get the GSX. I wouldn't really consider the other bikes mentioned in this forum. Mostly because I don't know enough about the GPX.

Actually now that I think about it, I think that the VTR 250 is a nice middle ground between the GSX and the CBR. Plus no fairings to wreck... and you will damage them if you are new to bikes.

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec
    I've had my CBR250RR for a couple of years, and have just recently started racing it in streetstock. It's a brilliant machine and you can thrash all the time no worries. But since you are 6'2" I've heard that the zxr250 is suited more for the bigger type. They should be about the same as the CBR, I've never been beaten by one, but I'm a pretty reasonable rider. If I were you I would try to get a test ride on one.

If you think you will ever get into racing. The you should get a ZXR or a CBR. If you just want a cheap to run, reliable as gutless commuter, then get the GSX. I wouldn't really consider the other bikes mentioned in this forum. Mostly because I don't know enough about the GPX.

Actually now that I think about it, I think that the VTR 250 is a nice middle ground between the GSX and the CBR. Plus no fairings to wreck... and you will damage them if you are new to bikes.
    typical honda rider reply
    duuuh i don't know anything about it so it's crap
    gaaawd and to think i used to own a honda (albeit briefly) worst decision i ever made, i bet i could keep up with you through a decent set of twisties on my gpx, of course you'd probably have me in a straight line, but thats down to the fact that your bike is made to go fast, and if you keep thrashing your honda it will eventually die

Code:

Bike
    2002GSXR600

dnt listen

hey GSX250 is not a slow bike u ask all the guys ive ridden with etc only place a CBR etc can keep up is after 150 and only then can they slowly pull away , but none of that matters , u need 2 ride as many of them as u can al da 250s an see wat u like best they all handel different sound diff look diff its all up 2 u man i luv all da 250s , ive ridden a gpx cbr gsxr fxr yzfr gsx zxr etc nsr all of them an my personal favs are teh CBRR250 an the GSX then the zxr then the gpx and so on all gud man

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec
    I've had my CBR250RR for a couple of years, and have just recently started racing it in streetstock. It's a brilliant machine and you can thrash all the time no worries.
    Yeap what he said. Go for a cbr (they ain't that uncomfy I'm 6ft and have no problems) or a zxr. CBR more reliable of the two - geared cams etc.

Heheh vtec I'll have to get back into form and have a play with ya sometime! Texmo is making a comeback too.. could be a nice 3 way battle. Too bad it's 2 homo cbrs though. Sigh.

P.s. my zx2r C gained on every 250 4 I ever raced in a line corner wise it's prertty much down to the rider though... stick that in ya pipe and smoke it

Bike
    a bike

its an ok bike

the gsx is a ok bike to ride i like it, but im trying to hook up with my friend for another ride though to see what the bike can do lol, when i was riding with her last time i was just following her.
    what about the hyosung gt250r?? what are they like? ive been told that the
    hyosung has had some good write ups about it compared to some other bikes.

Bike
    RF900
    GSX is a good learners bike. Not the fastest (best I got out of mine was 160), but being big and heavy they make stepping up to a bigger bike easy.

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    typical honda rider reply
    duuuh i don't know anything about it so it's crap
    gaaawd and to think i used to own a honda (albeit briefly) worst decision i ever made, i bet i could keep up with you through a decent set of twisties on my gpx, of course you'd probably have me in a straight line, but thats down to the fact that your bike is made to go fast, and if you keep thrashing your honda it will eventually die
    Oi, you, I never said anything crap or good about the GPX apart from stating that I didn't know anything about it, that's why I didn't say it was crap or good... Typical Kawasaki owner, insecurities about your bike showing?

Heheh vtec I'll have to get back into form and have a play with ya sometime! Texmo is making a comeback too.. could be a nice 3 way battle. Too bad it's 2 homo cbrs though. Sigh.

P.s. my zx2r C gained on every 250 4 I ever raced in a line corner wise it's prertty much down to the rider though... stick that in ya pipe and smoke it
    Haha, homo CBR's will do just fine, it's working for me. Hmm, I would like to have a drag race against a zx2r C, they sure look nice and fast. But it's what's on the inside that counts. I've heard they have more torque, but who knows, I want on the street proof with my own eyes, and me riding. I don't know either way.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    the gpx250 is the better bike and it just sounds so much better when the supermarket calls over the loud speaker "would the owner of the black kawasaki ninja please move it out of the loading zone"
    at which point you turn to somebody next to you who you don't even know and at the top of your lungs go oh shit thats my bike i better go move it

it makes everything else in the carpark look fugly

Thread Information