Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: New or near new helmet

Bike
    2000 BMW F650GS Dakar
    Feel like I've opened a can of worms, but cheers everyone for your opinions. I ended up buying a $150 CMS helmet from Colemans, which was reduced from $250... so should keep everyone above happy.

Bike
    2005 GN250
    Quote Originally Posted by beanz
    Feel like I've opened a can of worms, but cheers everyone for your opinions. I ended up buying a $150 CMS helmet from Colemans, which was reduced from $250... so should keep everyone above happy.
    Well done, congrats on the bargain . Colemans have always managed to impress me.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    a can of worms indeed.

Interesting comment Wkid. How does ANYONE know they're buying a safer helmet just because they paid more for it? As much as helmet manufacturers are makign safety products, they are driven by cost to be financially viable. this WILL limit investing money of thing like R&D and extra safety features that don't provide a notable return. if an Arai gets the same rating as a KBC, what is going to make Arai spend so much more cash on safety if they haven't got a concrete way of selling their investment?? They either need a massive publicity campaign on safety features (rare) or some other feature (flashy race rep graphics) to sell the product.

i know some companies go the extra yard (lazer have steel chin bars) but i beleive its very very rare for economic reasons. happy to be proven wrong tho!!

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    anyone got some URLs where i can view some helmets and reviews etc?
    hi =>

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450

Thread Information