Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're doomed

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport

We're doomed

As if it wasn't tough enough out there, car drivers can now mount their i-Phone's on their steering wheels

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112002805410?ul_noapp=true
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	326259  

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    OMG!! Apart from the distraction factor, I assume the phone gets in the way, when you turn the steering wheel.. Sitting at the top, leaves the phone relatively out of the way...but turn the steering wheel a full circle, and it will get in the way, in the drivers legs and/or crotch.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post
    OMG!! Apart from the distraction factor, I assume the phone gets in the way, when you turn the steering wheel.. Sitting at the top, leaves the phone relatively out of the way...but turn the steering wheel a full circle, and it will get in the way, in the drivers legs and/or crotch....
    Well, that's easy... don't turn the steering wheel so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    As if it wasn't tough enough out there, car drivers can now mount their i-Phone's on their steering wheels

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112002805410?ul_noapp=true
    Clearly an iPhone user... even Wal-Mart knows this is the correct way too use one...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	326265

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Clearly an iPhone user... even Wal-Mart knows this is the correct way too use one...
    l.m.f.a.o.

also. vote akzle.

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    If it's to use google maps then it's no different to windscreen mounted units. If it's to watch youtube while driving then I'd be worried.
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Is there a handlebar mount version? I can KB on the move.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Great. That will make it easier for more of these stupid phone device addicts to crash.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...sh-near-napier
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Great. That will make it easier for more of these stupid phone device addicts to crash.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...sh-near-napier
    I live not far from there. That piece of road is one of the deadliest in the country from just north of the airport to flaxmere west of hastings.

Not mentioned in that article was the poor signage at the road works. Immediately after the crash cleanup was finished the roadworks were suspended until appropriate signage was installed at a decent distance before the roadworks.
    There had also been complaints and near misses by other motorists before the fatal crash. I think there was even a secondary crash further back in the que after the main crash.
    Its a good bit of road that people often don't pay attention on.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Is there a handlebar mount version? I can KB on the move.
    Google ram phone mounts. They are popular in the ADV rider scene, guess lot are unaware its completely illegal to use a phone on a bike even if its handsfree.

Personally I'd never do it, if you have a decent crash theres your immediate means of summoning help shattered more than your own bones.....

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    ...They are popular in the ADV rider scene, guess lot are unaware its completely illegal to use a phone on a bike even if its handsfree. ...
    Really? I figured most mounted phones were used as a GPS for maps, but I'm sure a lot of people pair them with a Sena or other intercom system. What's the difference between a intercom and taking a handsfree call anyway? If they were illegal, police could pull over anyone with a intercom mounted on their helmet.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    ... That piece of road is one of the deadliest in the country from just north of the airport to Flaxmere west of Hastings ... It's a good bit of road that people often don't pay attention on.

I would dispute that that piece of road is "the deadliest in the country" and it is because you said yourself "It's a good bit of road that people often don't pay attention on."

I don't intend to comment on the crash that has been mentioned - the young mother has and is going to be punished for it for the remainder of her life.

However, I would suggest that there are no "deadly roads" in New Zealand - just drivers and riders who do not drive or ride to the conditions.

I now await the flaming...

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    I would dispute that that piece of road is "the deadliest in the country"
    Please quote correctly.... ONE OF the deadliest..... as per mainstream media reports on our deadliest roads. It has an exceptionally high number of fatals over relative short stretch (less than 20km)....
    flaming not required your welcome to disagree with known facts.

Classic risk compensation. Its motorway standard sans the extra lanes and median barriers, hence people feel the need to stop paying attention. Add a high traffic count, pedestrians, cyc;lists and trucks........

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    Really? I figured most mounted phones were used as a GPS for maps, but I'm sure a lot of people pair them with a Sena or other intercom system. What's the difference between a intercom and taking a handsfree call anyway? If they were illegal, police could pull over anyone with a intercom mounted on their helmet.
    When the new law came out it blamnket staed that it was illegal to use a cellphone in anyway whilst riding a motorbike......

Stated her ein the article in last sentence http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10606600

However I MAY be WRONG as I just bgoogled the relevant legisdlation and cant find anything bike specific.... I await our resident expeerts

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    When the new law came out it blamnket staed that it was illegal to use a cellphone in anyway whilst riding a motorbike......

Stated her ein the article in last sentence http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10606600

However I MAY be WRONG as I just bgoogled the relevant legisdlation and cant find anything bike specific.... I await our resident expeerts
    Well first and foremost there are caveats to use around calling or texting emergency services. afaik, there is nothing specific to motorbikes, and if you actually read the legislation around mobile use it goes in a circle...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information