Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wheelie / Stoppie physics

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyc
    I Concurr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As in "divide and concurr"? [Hitcher's tip du jour: to quickly check spelling of a word, type "define (whatever the word is)" into your Google search window and hit Enter. Or go to www.dictionary.com]
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    ZX9R, KLF300 waverunner tower :)
    as in I conCURRRRRRRRRRR ! lol

:eyepoke:
    Matty C

Have you taken your bike over any sweet jumps?

Bike
    A Krappisaki Tractor

Here
    The contents of this post are my opinion and may not be subjected to any form of reality
    It means I'm not an authority or a teacher, and may not have any experience so take things with a pinch of salt (a.k.a bullshit) rather than fact

Bike
    Honda CT125
    Blog Entries
    As far as how they work, I'd say that's been sufficiently explained. In some form or another

As far as how they look, here's a wee vid I found of stunt wheelies and stoppies (and a few drops as well!)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2&q=motorcycle

Bike
    El Bandito Negro
    this thread has given me and a physics PhD here the best laugh we've had for a while :-)

kudos

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Quote Originally Posted by thehollowmen
    this thread has given me and a physics PhD here the best laugh we've had for a while :-)

kudos
    yea man. Those who argued about torque, traction and sprockets surely don't know about anything. To know the real answer to wheelies/stoppies issue you'd be better off asking to doctors and biologist. The real answer lies in your body (around your testicles)
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot
    yea man. Those who argued about torque, traction and sprockets surely don't know about anything. To know the real answer to wheelies/stoppies issue you'd be better off asking to doctors and biologist. The real answer lies in your body (around your testicles)
    You're just dispalying your own ignorance there Marmoot, a man as well read as you obviously are should know that when you get right down to it, everything is a branch of Physics....

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD
    You're just dispalying your own ignorance there Marmoot, a man as well read as you obviously are should know that when you get right down to it, everything is a branch of Physics....
    Physics as in "let's get physical"?
    That'd be true. As long as it involves human body and sexual organ, I'm in (preferably ones without testicular feature on it).
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot
    "let's get physical"?
    Olivia Neutron-Bomb, I rest my case.

Bike
    mutterbumpkin

sausage

Quote Originally Posted by thehollowmen

kudos
    I Concurr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by manuboy
    This mightve been discussed b4, but i couldn't figure what to search on...

What actually causes wheelies / stoppies. Like i figure it's somehow about weight / balance / energy and momentum. I figure the "centre of rotation" that the bike moves around must become the axle in question?

But when does hard braking become enough to rotate the rear end around the front and the same for wheelies - when does hard acceleration become front wheel skyward?

Duh??
    Okay you've got the "law of the lever" saying force, pivot, load, add to this some speed and weight transfer, and suddenly the load decreases and the force increases in the case of a wheelie or the oppisite in the case of a stoppie, if the lever is balanced before the other factors act on it.

the pivot is the fixed point

Thread Information