Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To all the kids who survived...

Bike
    none
    Hey I was born in the eighties and I went through all that.

Shit some of it I still do, though climbing trees is easier when you are 6'3"...

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    raptor 1000
    thats me dude but i have had some mates die in their 30s and 40s so maby the reaper is catching up with us

Bike
    None any more
    Sniiiiper!
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    My wings a pencil
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    We survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us

They took aspirin,ate blue cheese dressing, tuna in a can,and didn't get tested for diabetes,

Then after that trauma,our cots were covered with bright coloured lead-base paints

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles,doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes,we had no helmets,shit not to mention the risks we took when we went hitchhiking

As children,we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags,we drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle,we shared one soft drink with four friends, all from one bottle, noone actually died from this,

We ate cupcakes,white bread and real butter and drank soft drink with real sugar in, but we weren't overweight,because we were always outside Playing

We would leave home in the morning and play all day,as long as we were home when the streetlights came on,and we were ok

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps, and then race then down hill, shit only to find out, forgot brakes, however after running into a few bushs,we learned how to solve that problem,

We did not have playstations,Nintendo's,x-box,and no bloody cell phones, shit let alone personal computers, or internet and their chat rooms,..........We had friends and we went outside ,

We fell out of trees, got cuts, broke a few bones, chipped a few teeth,lost a couple too,,these were all accidents,we even ate worms and garden snails, made mudpies, and the snails and worms did not live in us forever

We were given real air rifles for our 10th birthday,and made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out any ones eye,

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door,or rang the bell,or sometimes justed yelled out to them,

Gee and our sport team,well when they had tryout's and not everyone made the team,well those that didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment, image that

The idea of parents bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of,They acturally sided with the law,

Boy, this generation has produced some of the best risk-takers,problem solvers and inventors ever,........The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas, We had freedom,failure,success and responsibility, and we have learned how to deal with it all.!!!
    And if you Are One Of Them
    Congratulations

I was one of these kids that had the luck to grow up,before the goverment regulated our lives for our own good, you might want to share this or forward it to your kids so they may know how BRAVE their Parents were............

.................argh I can't be arsed ripping into this one ya old cunt.

Bike
    none
    share this or forward it to your kids so they may know how BRAVE their Parents were............
    Oddley enough, what generation is the one that now runs the government that is trying to control our lifes and is bringing thier kids up letting them play Nintendo/Xbox/Playstation, be online all day, buying cell phones for thier kids, letting them stay inside watching TV all day.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Guzzi
    I'm one of the baby boomers. My generation blames Spock. And here we have the dividing line. Who is Spock you say. Ahhhh That guy from Star Trek

Nope. You'd be wrong?????

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Triumph
    i was born in the year of the valiant regal...............72.........
    <span style=font-family: Century Gothic><font size=4><font color=DarkOrchid>Live and let live</font></font></span>

We survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us

They took aspirin,ate blue cheese dressing, tuna in a can,and didn't get tested for diabetes,

Then after that trauma,our cots were covered with bright coloured lead-base paints

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles,doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes,we had no helmets,shit not to mention the risks we took when we went hitchhiking

As children,we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags,we drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle,we shared one soft drink with four friends, all from one bottle, noone actually died from this,

We ate cupcakes,white bread and real butter and drank soft drink with real sugar in, but we weren't overweight,because we were always outside Playing

We would leave home in the morning and play all day,as long as we were home when the streetlights came on,and we were ok

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps, and then race then down hill, shit only to find out, forgot brakes, however after running into a few bushs,we learned how to solve that problem,

We did not have playstations,Nintendo's,x-box,and no bloody cell phones, shit let alone personal computers, or internet and their chat rooms,..........We had friends and we went outside ,

We fell out of trees, got cuts, broke a few bones, chipped a few teeth,lost a couple too,,these were all accidents,we even ate worms and garden snails, made mudpies, and the snails and worms did not live in us forever

We were given real air rifles for our 10th birthday,and made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out any ones eye,

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door,or rang the bell,or sometimes justed yelled out to them,

Gee and our sport team,well when they had tryout's and not everyone made the team,well those that didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment, image that

The idea of parents bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of,They acturally sided with the law,

Boy, this generation has produced some of the best risk-takers,problem solvers and inventors ever,........The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas, We had freedom,failure,success and responsibility, and we have learned how to deal with it all.!!!
    And if you Are One Of Them
    Congratulations

I was one of these kids that had the luck to grow up,before the goverment regulated our lives for our own good, you might want to share this or forward it to your kids so they may know how BRAVE their Parents were............
    And look how messed you are!
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    O.K., it's a repost, where is Sniper when you need him?
    And I was born the year of "I knocked the bastard off"
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
    What about the 30's and 40's? I was born in 1932 and got my first bike, a 1950 AJS 500cc single in 1952. It was one of the first in NZ to have rear springing. We had no crash helmets or protective clothing. An ex army greatcoat and newspaper tucked under the shirt kept us warm. Most roads were loose metal. We lived a wonderful free and uncomplicated life.

I look at the youngsters today and feel sad that they are so protected from adventure and danger. I also admire them as they seem far cleverer than we were. Our challenges were physical theres are of an intellectual nature.

It appears to me, as my end approaches. that I have lived my seventy four years during one of the best of times for New Zealanders and am glad I wont be here long enough to suffer the ills that appear to be ahead.

I am also glad that I can still get about on my eleventh bike living still some of the freedom of yester year.

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    well i was born in 66 didnt start riding till i was 40 and have done all that stuff and some dumb things as well young people now have it so easy and are a lot more lazy than when we were growing up back in the 60"s.

Bike
    2013 EX300SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Oddley enough, what generation is the one that now runs the government that is trying to control our lifes and is bringing thier kids up letting them play Nintendo/Xbox/Playstation, be online all day, buying cell phones for thier kids, letting them stay inside watching TV all day.
    Yep. Bloody guilty angst ridden ex-hippies who don't want their kids to get up to the things they did.

If I wasn't so old and grumpy myself I'd be really annoyed.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries

Dedicated to those born 1940-1979

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE KIDS WHO WERE BORN IN THE 1940's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking .

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun. We drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem .

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them NOT ONLINE!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents .

We played with worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out any eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.

They actually sided with the law

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!
    And YOU are one of them!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

Bike
    bandit 1250 and 900 fire blade
    im have seen that before!

damn funny and soooo true!
    i wouldnt want to be caught dead in the same grave as me.

Bike
    FOR SALE

mrs busa pete

Well said there spank
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Thread Information