Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bike vs Car cornering speeds?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    i was cosidering a zxr but with the milage i do its too bloody high strung and its not as relaxed as a vt250 spada pus the spada handles better

those zxrs move alright if you give their balls a good twist, but its still a two fiddy and still is slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch
    How about a $7000 89 Supra with 2.5 twin turbo (turned up a tad) sitting on factory billsteins / S02 tyres with an ex mini 7 racer behind the wheel? Jim2 will know who I'm talking about. Has humbled the odd motorcyclist on a twisty road. It's about skill and grip.

BTW, Motorcyclysts shouldn't under estimate the amount of skill required to pedal a cage quickly around corners, much like motorcycling it becomes a real art form at the higher levels with similar consequences if it goes pear shaped. You’ve only got to watch the NZ Targa for that . And think again about bike verse car acceleration as well, pick up NZ performance car mag and look at the number of street cars that do 11s or 10s second 1/4 miles these days much to my suprise. Evo's, WRX's , Skylines etc and these cars are cheap to buy. You could probably build a very quick V3 STI for 22k.
    Still, would rather be on a bike.

I bought an 85 gpz1000rx and aparntly it can do a 10.7 standing 1/4mile. I payed $3750. Try to buy / build a 10 second car gor 3G... actually I think you might be able to do it... if you got given a skyline gtr free [Or car with an engine just as strong as that] and spent the 3g on a huge turbo and put it in yourself.........
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Quote Originally Posted by renegade master
    I bought an 85 gpz1000rx and aparntly it can do a 10.7 standing 1/4mile. I payed $3750. .
    You'd get a pretty crap stereo for that price to put in a 10 sec car.It's about money alright - but you are working on the wrong end of the scale.If you've got the money,you don't go fast cheap!

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master
    and spent the 3g on a huge turbo and put it in yourself.........
    And blow it up 2k later doing 12's

Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    You'd get a pretty crap stereo for that price to put in a 10 sec car.It's about money alright - but you are working on the wrong end of the scale.If you've got the money,you don't go fast cheap!

Im a kiwi mate, there IS no other way
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    All the track comparisions mean nothing in the real world.
    During the late seventys a friend of mine had a Ford capri Granada that raced every so called fast bike in the district,on the same road each time.
    It was on the old Te Awamutu to Otrohang rd,not the new road that most pussys use today.He took everything from RD250-350 to GS1000 an canned the lot of them.
    Keep the "what if" rubbish,I was there,they got owned

Bike
    New one please
    while riding through the twisties coming out of national park i would have felt allot more confident taking the 25kmph turns in a car. (granted i havent riden a bike in a long time) but if you put a noob in a car and a noob on a bike i think a car will take the corner faster.

Yeah,the real world's a different place - one time we were going through the Awakino Gorge in a Mini on radials (fancy new tyres back then) the thing handled like a go Kart and was heaps of fun.We got owned by an HQ Holden on skinny crossplies with some old fart driving who didn't even know it was a race as we struggled to keep up.We couldn't stop laughing because we had thought we were doing so well!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    im still waiting for that subaru wrx i ate over the pahiatua track this morning .... i dont think it really maters if your on a big bike/small bike/ gay cage, if you can ride/drive them good enough you will stand a chance. for example, i have given many cages the learn on the pahiatua track and ive been humbled by one cage there as well, a mazda eunos 500, even though that was on the gn....

i know the road very very well and would no doubt be faster on a bike than in a cage.

also i was going over vinegar hill and was conering sorta quick, and MSTRS was right behind me on his gsxr1100:eyepoke: ...and i thought i was going quick

i have no doubts that someone in a cage will eat me up happily if they know the road aswell as i do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2015 Triumph Bonneville America LT
    At the moment I would rate my car in the corners rather than my bike. The roads here in Dunedin still have a bit of grit on them and I am not going to be caught leaning to hard into the corners here at the moment. My car at least is 4 wheel drive and will hold onto the grit a bit better
    I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    im still waiting for that subaru wrx i ate over the pahiatua track this morning .... i dont think it really maters if your on a big bike/small bike/ gay cage, if you can ride/drive them good enough you will stand a chance. for example, i have given many cages the learn on the pahiatua track and ive been humbled by one cage there as well, a mazda eunos 500, even though that was on the gn....

i know the road very very well and would no doubt be faster on a bike than in a cage.

also i was going over vinegar hill and was conering sorta quick, and MSTRS was right behind me on his gsxr1100:eyepoke: ...and i thought i was going quick

i have no doubts that someone in a cage will eat me up happily if they know the road aswell as i do.
    I'll race ya then.....if I win I keep ya bike if you win you keep ma car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries

For gods sake.....

Can we just remember that the person who started this thread is no longer with us when he ended up running into a 4wd while trying to prove the theory?

All this frickin posing and posturing can only end in a bad way. Ride to your own ability and if some boi racer wants to race off into the distance and end up in a ditch, let him go. He's probably got a small dick anyway.
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    nifty50,vespa,moped,pennyfarthing
    I couldnt compare my well set up ford in a corner to a bike but my car wins hands down...However my Harley out performs my 4x4 ,some one who can read the road and drive just above the limits or accordingley with the road conditions will give a good rider a serious work out ...has been proven on a test track but my guess its a different story out on the road when you got something coming the other way,Here you have boundries that have dire consequences if you fuck up not to mention kill some other poor bastard and his family....Be wise ride to survive and keep the rubberside down

Thread Information