Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeding? Spit please....

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja

Speeding? Spit please....

Just heard on the shorts for the news, that soon, if you are caught speeding, they can get a DNA swab.. wtf?
    Just doesn't sound right to me, anyone know anything more? News sites haven't got anything yet..

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

right up your alley

Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    Just heard on the shorts for the news, that soon, if you are caught speeding, they can get a DNA swab.. wtf?
    Just doesn't sound right to me, anyone know anything more? News sites haven't got anything yet..

thought you would pretty keen on giving a sample, who said it was spit they were after ?

F/F
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    BMW K100RT
    Police can ask you for a DNA mouth swab, It is done voluntary. Only if you are convicted of a specified offence, Rape, murder etc then they can get a compulsion order from the courts. At this time Police can ask any body to supply a sample on a voluntary base. Alot of officers will ask some one on the road side as with the mouth swab, it does not require a nurse to take a blood sample as in the previous kits.

Bike
    1997 Suzuki TL1000 S, 1999 Ducati 996S ?
    Duh! Don't you see? If you speed you're OBVIOUSLY a sociopath who indulges in rape & murder as well as hooning down the motorway at the grand old total of 111 kmh.

I personally will sleep much better knowing that when I next get caught speeding, I can shortly thereafter expect that the full penalty of law will come down on top of me for all those vicous crimes I have perpetrated.

"Capn, we have a match for that case in upper hutt a few months ago where that speed camera was brutally sodomised..."

25 years at least & none of that pansy arsed home detention bullshit neither.

Bike
    Sniff... None
    Bugger... sounds like a pretty good reason for me to keep the hammer down, don't want them catching up with me later on about all that jaywalking I did as a teenager.
    "You, Madboy, are the Uncooked Pork Sausage of Sausage Beasts. With extra herbs."
    - Jim2 c2006

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by madboy
    Bugger... sounds like a pretty good reason for me to keep the hammer down, don't want them catching up with me later on about all that jaywalking I did as a teenager.
    Dude...when did you ever need a good reason to put the hammer down? I thought hearing a description of your bike on a scanner was enough? :bannana:
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2008 105th Ann Ultra Classic
    Whats wrong with givin DNA, unless you have something to hide.
    Ride and Have Fun

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Divot

sorry man.. no DNA from me without drawing blood and earning it

just a personal preference and i have nothing to hide.

if they need DNA to ID my body.. i have a washcloth next to my bed they are welcome to test..
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1400 K5
    Quote Originally Posted by Divot
    Because we don't live in a police state. We don't yet have to carry id cards, (not when we're not driving/riding anyway), and we don't have to be subjected to random searches of our homes and businesses.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    I always figure that phrase ("unless you have something to hide") is a certain give away that freedom is in yet more danger.

The obvious answer is "Why should I SINCE I have nothing to hide". It is like the assumption that all men are paedophiles and must not sit next to children. Obviously the only reason the police would want a DNA sample is to try to pin something on someone. And there have been plenty of innocent people wrongly convicted on the basis of DNA samples.

Everyone has "Something to hide" It's called privacy. And "mind your own business" And "innocent until proven guilty" . And the right to be free of arbitrary search.

Used to be, that until a person gave some reason for suspicion that they had committed a crime, they should be regarded as law abiing citizens. Now, you're suggesting that everyone be treated as a criminal.

Oh , by the way, can I have your bank account pin numbers and your password for the police computer system,please? Why should you object unless you have something to hide. And can I come and watch you and your partner having sex? Why should you object unless you have something to hide. Oh, and the keys to your house and bike too please. Why should you object unless you have something to hide.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    Oh, and the keys to your house and bike too please. Why should you object unless you have something to hide.
    You have locks?? You really do have something to hide, don't you?
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2008 105th Ann Ultra Classic
    The obvious answer is "Why should I SINCE I have nothing to hide". It is like the assumption that all men are paedophiles and must not sit next to children. Obviously the only reason the police would want a DNA sample is to try to pin something on someone.
    Or to clear you, Many people have been cleared on DNA aswell>
    Ride and Have Fun

Bike
    Black
    I always figure that phrase ("unless you have something to hide") is a certain give away that freedom is in yet more danger.

The obvious answer is "Why should I SINCE I have nothing to hide".
    I completely agree with you.

I cannot believe anybody would voluntarily give a DNA swab in such a situation. It is the ultimate invasion of privacy. The potential ethical issues and social implications of a DNA database haven't even begun to be assessed or discussed yet.

Bike
    SV1000S K7 GSX1400 K4

Speeding? Spit please....

Quote Originally Posted by MacD
    I completely agree with you.

I cannot believe anybody would voluntarily give a DNA swab in such a situation. It is the ultimate invasion of privacy. The potential ethical issues and social implications of a DNA database haven't even begun to be assessed or discussed yet.
    This really is scary shit and definitely "Big Brother" is watching you, type legislation.
    Of course people who speed are committing a crime!
    People who rob,rape,assualt,aviod paying tax, shit in a public place etc, etc are all committing a crime.
    So lets just dump them all together, its easier to handle that way and after all I'm a Politician/Senior Public Servant/Police Commissioner so I am exempt, being a perfect citizen with nothing to hide.
    YEAH RIGHT.
    Would make a good tui's advert.........................

"TODAY I WILL GIVE A DNA SAMPLE VOLUNTARILY"
    "YEAH RIGHT"
    "Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.

When government accepts responsibility for people, then people no longer take responsibility for themselves. ~George Pataki

You can’t be late until you show up.
    :

Bike
    Assorted dinosaurs
    Blog Entries
    Sounds to me like a thinly veiled excuse to update the ever growing data base!!!
    remember when there was concern over retinal scanning/digital imaging on drivers lisence photos & them becoming defacto ID cards etc,
    BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!!
    ITS NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT,BUT WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT
    https://hondacx500custombuild.blogspot.com/?m=1

Thread Information