Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Puke open day. March 29, 2003

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    $80 per vehicle.

Bike
    VFR
    10-20 minutes doesn't seem very long for $80! Is that for bikes on their own or all riding together?
    A guy I know who has a V8 Holden wants to have a go sometime.I told him about Saturday, but I think he needs to belong a V8 car website. Could anybody recommend one? Ta.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    $80 per vehicle? ARSE!

Nevermind... time to sell the 250 then!

now if only the weather would clear up...

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    twisty.. the $80 is for teh day. Sessions are run for different classes in 10-20minute stints.. so providing there's not a plethora of vehicles, you should get at least 4 stints in during a day

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    I'll be there - if it is raining, I don't think I will chance the Renners - no grooves within 1.5inches of the edge - I THINK NOT!!!

BBQ - well I will have it if I trailer - but at this stage it looks like I will ride........

If anyone is keen, and wants to ride a diff bike - see me.....(Logan - this is not an offer for you to start TIRE TESTING on the VTR!)

Should be a good day - especially seeing as my bike is no longer a 500cc single like it was for the last 2 days when the rear pot decided to stop sparking - FECK...........typically V'Twin, shook itself to fecken pieces and broke a wire from the CDI to the Coil.....nice.......

PS:  Haldanes did a fantastic job of helping salvage and repair the bike!!

Bike
    1991 Kawasaki ZXR400L1
    Bahhh I was going to go as my track RGV250 still needs more tuning but it looks like it may be pissing down now!!

But yep definately bring food as there is no food there and getting out can be a hassle because you have to wait to cross the track with your vehicle.

P.S.  If anyone knows of anybody selling cheap RGV parts please let me know...esp go-faster-race-parts!!!

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    The motorbike gods smiled upon us today and cleared the skies for a good day at the race track. Happy to see a reasonable turnout of Kiwi Biker members.

Only one accident when PlayerX didn't quite make a corner and flipped his bike after going onto the grass. But he managed to bend everything back into place for the ride home.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Coldkiwi blazing 1.12's every lap! (apart from the second session)

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Steve on the TL

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    and the pic

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    SpankMe going hard chased by the ZX750R

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    FECK - and the pic again

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    The back end stepped out about this far - honest......

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    And the I missed the corner and ploughed some potatos award goes to:- PLAYERX

Note:  followed bloody closely by me, who tried to straighten the esses up by missing out the corner in the middle and MotoX'ing across the grass.......

Bike
    Not many, if any
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I HATE YOU ALL!

i cant beleive it, i havent had much timr ecently so i havent been browsing the forums, instead just replying to ones i get the email for reply etc etc..

I MISSED OUT!! OH GOD HELP ME!

argh, im so angry, but i spose what bike would i have taken? my 400 needs chain + sprockets + tyres would be a nice bonus oneday.

argh, i cnat beleive it, so whens the next little event? ill get chain + sprockets, whos the best place to go to for them?  -argh, hmm was that a ZX6R running 1.12s? is that an alrite time?

Okay when i went, my first time ever racing, id hardly had the bike long +im young, inexperienced and yadda yadda, on my 84 Kwaka 750 thats done 100,000ks+ smoking like a 2 stroke, old tyres but they did have some tread ill admit (about 5yo tyres) i was running 1:19-1:20, fairly consistantly apart from my VERY first 0-10 odd laps where i was still understanding the idea of keeping the bike @ redline, hehe i was letting revs drop to 3,000 coz i was worried for the engine, till my old man told me that the old kwaka can take all i could give. and that it did

and my best lap i screwed up, i swear it could been around 1:15-1:17, i fully got mad and enterd the redline in top gear, getting to 225kmph, heard a 2 stroke, looked behind me, by the time i looked back i had passed the 200m sign, and that was about my braking point i was using (or a bit before actually) and i was just like, ahh shitters, theres no way in hell my tyres can stop in time, so i was locking on and off hte rear and fully onthe front(almost till lockup) and went off the end of hairpin, did a motorcross doughtnut (fucking more slippery then i thoughttoo!) came back onto the track loosing 1 position (i was in 2nd place trying to get 1st, this is in novice class tho) and when i hit the tarmac i whacked the throttle on hard, bahah there was still mud in my tyre! did the biggest drift ive ever done i think! thats prolly counting dirtbike styles! hahah, slowed a bit and let it clear for all of 2 seconds and carried on.

but yes, just typing this out reminds me of the imense amount of fun i had, and how angry i now am that i missed out on this one

Thread Information