Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayabusa owners

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot
    What's the best place for service in Auckland?
    Both Colemans and Haldane have given me good runs.
    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've just high-sided!
    مافي مشكلة

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    OK at 3000 kays the gearbox has settled down nicely and the engine has freed up and is quieter..! The rear tyre is Pucked so what is the answer how are you all doing with your tyres?
    مافي مشكلة

Bike
    Something red and quick
    I've done about 1600kms since I got it and the Diablos are holding up quite nicely.
    They were almost new when I bought the bike. It's still quite ok and not even half used yet.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

We put Michelin Pilot Powers on the father in laws busa, he arrives back from 14 days in the SI on thrusday so i will find out how they worked out. i know he stuffed a set of dunlop 208s on same trip on his bmw k1200rs

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Thanks guys I'm gonna need to make the right decision here as I have allready figured the lack of traction that a heavy throttle hand can induce VS my missus starting to quack a bit about the cost of running this bike.
    مافي مشكلة

Okay father in law got back from going around SI yesterday he as clocked up about 5,000kms on his michelin pilot powers, and he saying they still look good.

This bike has been lowered by 1 1/2" so you can ge ton power quicker and father in law is around 120kgs, and he had two full venture 45l bags full the whole trip.

So 5000kms+ out of a busa i think is very good

Same trip 2 years ago, on his bmw k1200rs, he stuffed a new set of dunlop 218's. (front and rear)

Bike
    2022 Triumph Speed Twin 900
    5,000 k's out of a tyre, on a Busa with luggage!!!!

Man, were the roads wet the whole trip.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    well i've done 1500k on my pilot power, having gne from an BT010.

no wheelies, but plenty of high speed commuting and some scratching and a 2-up coro loop have gone under it so far

after getting 2000k out of the 010 before it was through to the canvas, looks like i'll be trippling that on the pilot. at $260 fitted, it looks like it's going to be a good deal. it feels a little more 'squirrely' that the 010, but i just ride accordingly.

if anyone is thinking about mounting a detector, i have figured out a good mount that still allows full view of all the important bits - just can't see the clock.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    and girls always bleat about tyres. remind them how much they spend on shoes

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Fitted a TRE today and the first impression is how smooth the thing operates through the gears and when opening the throttle after an engine brake the response is much smoother. Wet roads at the moment so self control is well in place so I havn't really had a decent ride with it but it looks promising.
    مافي مشكلة

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Alright, a certain place in Auckland charged me $454 for a 12,000kms service on my Hayabusa. That is 4 hours of labour.
    No problems found, only oil change and general checks.
    The thing is, they completely missed a totally-worn rear brake pads which Cycletreads managed to diagnose in less than 1 minute.

Does that $$$ figure make sense?

If so, I'm happy....
    If not, just one more chockup next time and I will name the place publicly here....

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Quote Originally Posted by terbang
    Fitted a TRE today and the first impression is how smooth the thing operates through the gears and when opening the throttle after an engine brake the response is much smoother. Wet roads at the moment so self control is well in place so I havn't really had a decent ride with it but it looks promising.
    how much does this thing cost you and what is the complexity on doing it?

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Alright, a certain place in Auckland charged me $454 for a 12,000kms service on my Hayabusa. That is 4 hours of labour.
    The thing is, they completely missed a totally-worn rear brake pads which Cycletreads managed to diagnose in less than 1 minute.

If so, I'm happy....
    If not, just one more chockup next time and I will name the place publicly here....

What details are on the invoice as it should show whether they checked the valve clearances which would justify the price as would air filter & plugs etc.
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    how much does this thing cost you and what is the complexity on doing it?
    I went for this product here:JSD-3 comes with instructions and takes about 5 mins to fit.
    مافي مشكلة

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000

If so, I'm happy....
    Well if they missed the brake pads you wonder how close they were looking. I see by the manual that its not up for a Valve clearance till 24000KM. So what did they do for 4 hours..? You might have been shafted there mate I'd be asking some questions.
    مافي مشكلة

Thread Information