Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayabusa owners

Bike
    MT09 Tracer

Hayabusa owners

Just wanted to start a thread for Busa owners to post their tyre & oil preferences and things like maintenence tips and problems they have experienced. Also mods carried out and improvements results.
    I prefer Michelin Pilot Powers as a good gripping good mileage tyre - about 11k front & 8k rear. The bike is running Silkolene Pro4Plus 10-50 race 4T fully synthetic with the only down a slightly grabby clutch on take off. I'm currently having the gearbox rebuilt after losing 6th gear thru wear on the gear engagement dogs overriding the undercut. Some other parts showing slight wear have been replaced also including the clutch anti lockup gear (stops the back tyre locking up on downshifting).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	22051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gear2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	22052  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    i'm running a diablo, but only got 1000kms out of it (joys of a new bike ) need to contact the previous owner and ask what oils he was running - it is still clean though. had a false neutral today - probably me just being lazy though - was my jeans and jacket ride day so was just cruising. like the sound of the pilot though - what sort of riding is that with? i've managed to heavily feather the diablo right out to the edges - it's is SOOO soft, and it gets hot - it steams after 20k riding in the wet! admitidly though it instils much confidence....

Bike
    Blog Entries
    oh and have you been here>>>? www.hayabusa.org if you can get past the jingoistic crap, it's got plenty of great info, although they tend to compete in _________________________________ instead of (an't find wiggly stuff sign)____----____----____----____----^^^^

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    i'm running a diablo, but only got 1000kms out of it (joys of a new bike ) need to contact the previous owner and ask what oils he was running - it is still clean though. had a false neutral today - probably me just being lazy though - was my jeans and jacket ride day so was just cruising. like the sound of the pilot though - what sort of riding is that with? i've managed to heavily feather the diablo right out to the edges - it's is SOOO soft, and it gets hot - it steams after 20k riding in the wet! admitidly though it instils much confidence....
    Some cruzin but lots of "spirited" riding with the likes of Sensei - say no more?

Bike
    FOR SALE
    hi we have a fulse neutral between 5 & 6 when oil gets a bit old the first oil change that we did was ween we got the bike at 11700 km we found fine grindings atatched to the magnet in the sump plug .we put castral gtx turbo in it this has been good but need to change now. I run pilots and got 8000 km from rear with more left in it before the brake fluid insadent. the front is at the same point not round but not a triange some were in between .will you be atending THE GATHERING IN TURANGI[

Bike
    2008 Husqvarna 450 motard
    I get false neutrals on mine 5th to 6th, done only 5200kms. Did it on my 01 busa too it had 25,000kms when i got that. Road and sport have have put in a fully syn oil, made the gear changes even better no dif 5th to 6th.
    Am waiting for the 6000km service when they can have a closer look at it.
    A few other owners in N.Z and abroad have had similar probs.
    Apart from that no worries with them.
    Will get 5500kms out of the std B/stone rear on there, after tthat will try out the Avon viper extreme tyers out. They are a soft compound so may wear out a bit quick, but would rather have the grip ta very much.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by nadroj
    I prefer Michelin Pilot Powers as a good gripping good mileage tyre - about 11k front & 8k rear.
    Cripes, I would have thought Powers on a busa would get eaten in half that distance. Maybe they would survive on my bike...

Bike
    2003 R1150GS Adventure
    Hey Peoples

This is my second busa first one was a 2000, this one a 2003
    I've run Mobil One Oil in both bikes, did 77000ks on my 2000 busa with no problems ( until I crashed it )

I run Diablos front and rear, fantastic grip and handling, ok mileage. About
    9000k for a front and between 3500 - 5000k out of a rear, depending on whether or not I've been touring two up or not.

Got a Full Akropovic Evolution Titianium exhaust, Powercommander USB, Valentine one Radar Detector and a H.A.R.D reciever for my helmet. For touring I run a Ventura pack system, with sport paniers and a tank bag. Thats great for Two up + tent + sleeping bags and can be taken off in 5 mins.

Just getting Carbon Fiber engine armour and R&G Crash bungs put on today. Won't be able to tell you how those work until I find another piece of road covered in Diesel

I also have a false neutral between 5th and 6th, but only when I'm a bit lazy
    on the gear change.

Jimbo

Bike
    2005 Triumph Rocket 111
    False neutrals between 5 & 6 eh Jim. Mine never does. You should have got a rocket. Mine never neutrals between 5 & 6. Probably cos it's only 5 speed.
    It's a Rocket

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumphMan
    False neutrals between 5 & 6 eh Jim. Mine never does. You should have got a rocket. Mine never neutrals between 5 & 6. Probably cos it's only 5 speed.
    AND IT'S UNDERPOWERED & OVERWEIGHT!

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    So's your's LOL

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    Whatever is in the garage - FXDC, Bking
    Blog Entries
    Im running a Michie Road on the rear (I can hear you guys questioning me already...) it sticks well, hasnt done any silly shit on me yet...... and have a Michie Pilot Sport on the front. Will be considering Pilot powers front and rear when the times comes for new tyres. I'm quite surprised at the mileage you guys are getting out of such a soft tyre (in comparison to my Michie Road - they are still a good tyre, Ive had a few people comment on the 'road' as a good all-rounder) one would think the the 'busa would chew one in a couple of thousand kms.......

Bike is a K4 registered as a 2005, bought it with 9000kms now hav 18000 on the clock. One of the Summerfest specials - Black/Purple with the 2 tri-carbon Yoshi pipes. Sounds the treat too. Would you guys recommend installing a power-commander? What are the benefits/cons? Looking at putting a K&N filter in for next service too. I also have the 'annoying' 5 to 6th gear falsing. Not the best thing you want to hear when you doin the 'higher speeds'....... Ive heard from another previous owner that it all comes down to the oil - how fresh it is and the viscosity/make. However it is a bit of fresh air to hear BusaJim still had his 'busa after 77,000kms. I wonder what the record would be for a 'busa with the longest kms before a engine recondition/replant?

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    NZTA Approved CBTA Instructor Assessor
    - Restricted + Full Licence Training & Testing
    - Onroad Coaching & Training
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    Hi you lot,

I wouldn't bother with the PC. Just buy a TRE - Timing Retarder Elimininator, translation means . . . . . full horsepower in every gear and eliminates speed restrictor :spudwow: all for about $80 and only takes about 10mins to do.

Will work really well when you have installed the K & N, derestrict the airbox, and aftermarket pipes. Also check the throttle bodies for restrictors as well.

I have TRE'd and derestricted my airbox (as filter and pipes were done when I bought my bike) it goes sooooooo much better. Well worth the effort.

If ya need a hand with modding, sing out.

Cheers,
    It is what it is

Bike
    2008 Husqvarna 450 motard
    Had my Busa at Colmans for a week for them to find out whats up with this false neutral 5th to 6th. Not once did they find it. Having said that it has only done it twice in 500 kms now i have it back. Still not brilliant, but better than it has been. They say it hopefully will go away with more kms.
    Done 7500kms now, 5000 on the stock Bridgestone rubber it came with.
    It now has Avon Viper supersports and despite looking a little ragged from the day at puke on friday they are great.
    Cibbychk, if you read this where is my insurance qoute???

Bike
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Hiall only done 160 kays on my K6 Busa so I know bugger all about it though I did find a false neutral yesterday. If I remember right my 1200 bandit had a few of those in the early stages (under 10000K) and settled down with age.
    On my old bandit (similar weight) I got only about 4000 k's out of a Diablo on the rear and nearly double on the front. When I sold it I had done 2000 k on a new Diablo Strada that held up well with good performance (I think its a better deal with the strada). How much can I trust the standard fit tyres on these things (BT 5?'s or something)?

Thread Information