Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice/feedback to improve track day

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterboynz
    maybe have the fast group out first followed by the medium , etc,,, while the fast group are out the novice group could be told the finer points of track riding etc,,,
    I would have to agree with Roscoe there. I was kinda surprised that the fast group wasnt going to go out first. Thats fine. Maybe something thats only apparent to someone whos nervous.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Left Jandal
    How about posting the track layout and useful lines on the forum, and anyone that wants to know more on the day can get briefed in a smaller session.

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    Can we do some 2-up wheelies in the accelleration and emergency stopping section?
    Checkout my blog: www.wubboodesigns.com

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    I think the day was run brilliantly Frosty, can't believe that after all the stress of the past two, you're already looking to organise a third. You're truly a king amongst men.

My suggestions follow the same lines as everyone else, particularly the wheelie session at the end of the day, if time allows. As there's only 8 nutters in attendance willing to strut their stuff, it's a little greedy for us to be out playing while others watch. One thing amazes me though, I get asked twice a day how to get good at wheelies, where were you all when you've got a safe practice enviroment?

The Subway for lunch idea was great, keep it for the next one.

The only gripe I have is lack of track time, but in this instance, no one could have changed it and it was a good descision to abort.

People who have mentioned the expense, I'd gladdly fork over another three hundy to go hang out with 100+ people, every single one of whom I enjoy the company of. I spent the day with my partner, my best mate (who I don't see often enough), my brother and all the other cool cunts that make this site excellent. Fucken cheap day if you ask me.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    2006 husqvarna 610sm
    just another thought, to speed up the scrutineering process , maybe get a pre-check and a sticker thats valid for a week from say someone like kerry at motohaus the weekend before , then just show the sticker on the bike the morning of the track day just to speed things up a little
    :-)

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterboynz
    just another thought, to speed up the scrutineering process , maybe get a pre-check and a sticker thats valid for a week from say someone like kerry at motohaus the weekend before , then just show the sticker on the bike the morning of the track day just to speed things up a little
    Not kean on the Week thing. A lot can happen to a bike in 1 day let alone 1 week. But Scrutineering bikes that arrive the evening before the day at track would be a cool idea (the Rusty Nuts do that for the GC). A lot of us were there on Sat. If all those had been done on Sat, Scrutineering would have been alot quicker. Also it is up to all of us to make sure we are there early enough to sign-in and get our bikes ready on time for scrutineering.
    PS: Good to see that the bikes were being scrutineered. Big Thanks to Frosty and Doogal for their time doing this.
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    THANKS A MILLION FOR THE FEEDBACK GUYS N GALS.
    The more the merrier -Up till now Id thought it just plumb wasn't a big enough deal for a food van --Ohh how wrong could a bloke be--
    Pillion counted over 100 of you lot --68 riders ,10 marshalls an extra 20 or so just along to watch
    Youll see a lot of these ideas being put into place for the next track day
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    I tend to think the scruitineering is perhaps a little overkill,most of us either know what's safe,have racebikes(which are scruitineered often) or have wof's.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Various
    When we spoke yesterday you mooted the idea of running it on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Thinking about it I like the idea.
    Taupo is fairly central and we have a lot of the country there, why not have a function on the Saturday night so we can get to meet and greet and kill some surplus brain cells.

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    I think running it on Sunday gives people time to sort their shit out on Saturday and get there (personally)..

Do think that scrutnieering is a little ott, but can see the point. At the end of the day, the rider has to know that they can trust their machine. But at the same token, you don't want crap all over the track cos people don't know that their oil is leaking

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    I think running it on Sunday gives people time to sort their shit out on Saturday and get there (personally)..

Do think that scrutnieering is a little ott, but can see the point. At the end of the day, the rider has to know that they can trust their machine. But at the same token, you don't want crap all over the track cos people don't know that their oil is leaking
    My scruting took bugger all time. Not sure why theres an issue here? I didnt see the queue get longer than 8-10 bikes. Maybe I just wasnt around at the right time.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    I haven't got a problem with it, just commenting on Death's comment really. I was running late and rushing around, and forgot half my stuff! But got it done in the end.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    Well it *may* have been ott (don't believe so personally), but look at it a different way.
    Had something bad happened Frosty may have been facing OSH or a court case and all for what, trying to give people a good time.

So where do you draw the line?

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    I prefer saturday myself. The heading home afterwards sucked.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CaN
    Well it *may* have been ott (don't believe so personally), but look at it a different way.
    Had something bad happened Frosty may have been facing OSH or a court case and all for what, trying to give people a good time.

So where do you draw the line?
    that's why we signed the forms..
    but I understand why it's done.
    ah feck, forget I said it
    as you were

Thread Information