Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Advice/feedback to improve track day

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    I like the order (Slow - Fast). It give me a chance to gauge my speed and up grade if needed.
    Only one comment with classes:
    Where a rider is know to be fast and competent but never been on a track before, he should not be made to ride a Noob class. They are way to competent and quick for real novice Noobs and freak them out. There was a few fasties having to do this Sun, that would have been fine not doing the Noob Class
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Well heres a bulletin for yas all. I elected to go in the slow group for a reason...oh shit yeah I'm slow.

I didnt expect you faster buggers to crash on in. You chose to then thats your choice. Those that came into our group then whined ...door that way >----

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Didn't have the choice Duck. I was put in the Novice group for the first session, then bumped to the next group then went up to the Medium group eventually.

I guess a change in how people were put into groups is something that could be considered for the next track day. Guys on medium/large sports bikes are always going to go quicker than most of the novices, simply because the bike has more straight line speed.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    amen

10 chars

edit:
    Guys on medium/large sports bikes are always going to go quicker than most of the novices, simply because the bike has more straight line speed
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers
    Didn't have the choice Duck. I was put in the Novice group for the first session, then bumped to the next group then went up to the Medium group eventually.

I guess a change in how people were put into groups is something that could be considered for the next track day. Guys on medium/large sports bikes are always going to go quicker than most of the novices, simply because the bike has more straight line speed.
    I think maybe you guys missed the point. I have a chance to be out there on the track and have some fun...yes its called fun. You go into a group that is below your expectations then get "ratty". All I heard was

"We cant pass
    "You too slow"

It was my day too..dont forget it!

Well bugger me thats why I was in the slow group....

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    It's no fun for anyone if some people are in the wrong group. It's not enjoyable if you have someone climbing all over the back of you, just like it's not enjoyable being the person behind.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental-Trousers
    It's no fun for anyone if some people are in the wrong group. It's not enjoyable if you have someone climbing all over the back of you, just like it's not enjoyable being the person behind.
    Put yourself in the right group next time and dont undercut me on the hairpin and nearly cause me to crash MT. I wanna ride next weekend ...maybe you dont

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck
    Ummm thanks I think. Agree whole heartedly...

I had a ball despite the lack of track time. ...
    Think of the marshalls...Last time I was just getting into it - but - only 2 sessions ...so.......
    This time .....had to cancel coz of ....things..like ..could barely ride and new bike and fucked in the head.......!! - so - 2 track days worked or paid for - 15mins track time............!
    So
    lack of track time is all relative........
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Duck, I already said we didn't get to choose the group we were in.

And I never passed anyone on the inside of the hairpin. Accelerating from turn 1 to the hairpin yes, but not under brakes. I pulled up beside a few cos was using a different line as others were braking much earlier than I was and I definitely didn't want to ram anyone. Sorry if you got a fright from that. But I did NOT pass anyone on the inside.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ajturbo
    i flagged the last group in early... yes it was 30seconds early.. sorry about that..
    Thank you for doing the job you did. I think you understand the problem was the lack of track time. I just wanted more than 2 and a half sessions so was prepared to ride in the rain to get it. I enjoyed the rain on the track cos I was increasing speed corner on corner till I could fell the back start to slide out. Wheel spinning on the straight was an experience to and it was nice to play in a safe place without cages and stuff coming at me. So how far would the Diablo go??????
    Anyway thanks for your time on the day. You all rock.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Folks -If speed group decisions were wrong then That was my responsibiluity
    I should have moved people around .
    As for the early shut down --It wasn't the rain that made my decision--It was the 50mm of loose mud//clay/rock mixed into the oil weeping out of brand new tarmac. I apreciate you are all adults but I would have made the same decision tomorrow if it happened again.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Here's another thought,how about breaking the slowies into under and over 600cc,I know of at least one who had the problem of being passed down the straight by big bikes then held up for the rest of the lap.....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Here's another thought,how about breaking the slowies into under and over 600cc,I know of at least one who had the problem of being passed down the straight by big bikes then held up for the rest of the lap.....
    bloody marvilous Idea....have 600's-1000s [and bigger I suppose] in one group and the smaller bikes in another group...whipe the idea of novice altogether...and hav the two slow groups...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos
    bloody marvilous Idea....have 600's-1000s [and bigger I suppose] in one group and the smaller bikes in another group...whipe the idea of novice altogether...and hav the two slow groups...
    No way. Not everyone with even a 250 will ride towards their bike's limits. You gotta cater for those that are comfortable just pootling
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Well...heh I'm on a 600 and I had the same problem, couldnt get past bigger bikes on the straight!
    Do you think we should break out the blue flags to let people know that someone wants to get past? Surely we all have the mental capacity to deal with one extra flag.

Thread Information