Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Advice/feedback to improve track day

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    I dont think we should go out too hard to appease minority groups like this. Slow bikes just have to deal.
    It WAS super frustrating but to be honest, if a big bike is passed around the outside on a corner by a little bike, then they should let them go past...they shouldnt blast off down the straight only to be caught up again ina couple more corners... Its more common sense than anything else.
    I think having flags and more 'systems' and groups will only detract from the fun aspect of the day.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Honda Jade 250 + CBR600RR
    Just a couple of already mentioned things:

I agree that scrutineering was a bit OTT! Thanks heaps to the guy who did it and taped up my bike though (sorry - don't know which KBer you are)! Cheers mate. But isn't it usually just checking if you're bike's got a warrant and the rest is up to the responsibility of the rider?

I agree that the novice and slow groups seemed a bit too similar to me until Frosty changed the rules for the slow group. Perhaps just have the 'allowed to pass' rule from the start and that would solve that one. Although it would allow everyone much more track time if the two groups were combined. The other 2 trackdays that I've been to just had a 'slow/novice' group that begginers (or little bikes) went into.

Otherwise - all good! Awesome job Frosty!
    liberi minutalem amant

Bike
    Honda Jade 250 + CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    It WAS super frustrating but to be honest, if a big bike is passed around the outside on a corner by a little bike, then they should let them go past...they shouldnt blast off down the straight only to be caught up again ina couple more corners... Its more common sense than anything else.
    That's the fun of it though!
    liberi minutalem amant

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by Velox
    That's the fun of it though!
    Well...if I had a bit more confidence i would have passed through the esses but it was my first TD . Manfield should have a bit more room though...
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Folks -If speed group decisions were wrong then That was my responsibiluity
    I should have moved people around ..
    You did good.
    But remember ppl it was not a race day. You are out to enjoy the track and improve your riding skills. So going around bikes and being stuck behind bikes is part of developing these skills. I should have jumped up to the next level and had a run with them. I am sure I would have had my butt kicked but I would have learnt a lot more about what the bike will and will not do. So next time I just might give it a go. I also think ppl should choose the group they go in. Once out and around they will decided to stay or move up. The only thing is you have to wait till the next round before you move up. It would be easy to double your track time by changing every round.

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    As for the early shut down --It wasn't the rain that made my decision--It was the 50mm of loose mud//clay/rock mixed into the oil weeping out of brand new tarmac. I apreciate you are all adults but I would have made the same decision tomorrow if it happened again.
    It's cool Frosty. You did what you had to do. Most of our roads are like that. Fun to play on and a safe environment to do it.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS
    No way. Not everyone with even a 250 will ride towards their bike's limits. You gotta cater for those that are comfortable just pootling
    That's cool,but you have the choice to pootle if you're on a thou,what the prob was is people who pootle till they get to the straight where it's the only real place for newbs/novices to pass,then blast off into the distance only to slow right down again at turn 1.....fine if yer in the advanced groups,but who's gonna be the bad guy (guyett) if you stuff it up the inside in the novice groups cause it's the only place to pass? At least if everyone is on similar sized bikes it would reduce this frustrating problem.....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    I think having flags and more 'systems' and groups will only detract from the fun aspect of the day.
    I was thinking of combining the novice and slow groups then making them under and over 500cc.....
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer 4 ever
    It would be easy to double your track time by changing every round.
    Was a few doing just that (They know who they were).
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos
    bloody marvilous Idea....have 600's-1000s [and bigger I suppose] in one group and the smaller bikes in another group...whipe the idea of novice altogether...and hav the two slow groups...
    What the fuck you talking about I was passing heaps of 600 cc and 1000cc and bigger on my 400 , shite they were holding me up !
    two examples below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0237.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	22488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0251.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	22489  
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack
    Was a few doing just that (They know who they were).
    Yes I did note that. :eyepoke: But so close to Christmas and all.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil
    What the fuck you talking about I was passing heaps of 600 cc and 1000cc and bigger on my 400 , shite they were holding me up !
    two examples below
    were you in the slow group laddie????? that must have been good for your sgo...lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    two examples below
    No big skite (Sp, can't find it with the sp checker) passing "Roxanne's" fat arse. Got past by smaller bike than yours that day. LOL.
    New Zealand......

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    were you in the slow group laddie????? that must have been good for your sgo...lmao
    "Roxanne" was running Medium thanks Mr Poos
    New Zealand......

Bike
    Thinking
    Incorrect i was in the Medium group, I wasnt allowed in the fast group because I had a leaky fork seal......... actually.
    And my sgo? doesnt need inflating thanks laddie, im fine as I am
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Incorrect i was in the Medium group, I wasnt allowed in the fast group because I had a leaky fork seal......... actually.
    And my sgo? doesnt need inflating thanks laddie, im fine as I am
    well...death and I were discussing the idea with the slow/novice group in mind...not medium...hav a quick read of death's and my posts...:spudwave:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Thread Information