• red for crash/chequred only at start finish

3 8.82%
  • red for crash/chequred start finish /yellow all other points

23 67.65%

Thread: Flag colors for trackday.

Bike
    Honda PC800

Flag colors for trackday.

To help with the next trackday a few suggestions are being mulled over.
    One is choice of colors for the flags.
    There are two reasons for flags being waved--end of session and if someone has crashed.
    One argument is that a red flag is waved at all points is all thats needed-
    the track needs to be cleared no matter what so crash or session end--same deal
    Another is red flags waved for crashes to warn riders to slow down/ride with caution and a chequred flag waved at every flag point for end of session.
    The third option was red flags for crashes. A chequred flag at start /finish point and yellow flags waved everywhere else -very much in line with race practices.
    Feedback please folks
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    nun
    Frosty, i'd say you need to warn people seperately of a crash so they slow down; People still fang round teh track if they think theyre comin into pitt and teh crash maybe just ahead;

:slap:

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    I voted the last option, but maybe the second would be better if you are worried about overloading people with info on their first trackday...

But I dont know cos I´ve never been on a track.....
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    'scottabe op4. Red is DANGER, yellow is CAUTION, checkered is FINISH
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Why dont you just use the same flags and procedures as at a proper race day?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    oooo i like the purple ones.... and and ummm maybe an orange one with round dots on it...

and how about one that stops the rain? yer thats it !!

and one that when you wave it, the riders go faster!!! (think that would be a red one??:spudwhat: )

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Why dont you just use the same flags and procedures as at a proper race day?
    Thats exactly the idea Kick but that I feel would be OTT for a newbee not familiar with even being on the track let alone knowing flags
    as posh said I also dont wanna overload newbees or less experienced riders with info . Im trying to find a balance between -leading to actually race meeting and a total newbee
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    For a track day I reckon you really only need 2 flags. A red to indicate that everyone is to get off the track right now and reassemble at the pit exit to continue the session when safe, and a chequered to indicate end of session. Anything else is in danger of the ummm wtf is that flag for?? Oh well, nevermind I'll ignore it problem.

After all, the main problem I saw with the flags was people not knowing if the session was over or if there was someone down.

Bike
    98tls&rs250
    Makes sense to stick with normal race practices, and it ain't that hard to figure out.
    It's just one of those days, where you don't wanna wake up,
    everything is fucked, everybody sucks,
    You don't really know why but you wanna justify ripping someone's head off

Bike
    empty garage )-:
    If people can't cope with 3 flags then they shouldn't be on the bloody track!
    "...New Zealanders, for all their faults, have virtues that are precious: an unwillingness to be intimidated by the new, the formidable, or class systems; trust in situations where there would otherwise be none; compassion for the underdog; a sense of responsibility for people in difficulty; not undertaking to do something without seeing it through - "
    Michael King

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Thats exactly the idea Kick but that I feel would be OTT for a newbee not familiar with even being on the track let alone knowing flags
    as posh said I also dont wanna overload newbees or less experienced riders with info . Im trying to find a balance between -leading to actually race meeting and a total newbee
    IMHO - I'd say go the whole hog - make the newbies learn the right way from the get go.

I know naught about this - but my preference would be to learn it right first time.
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Use all the flags as they are on a real race day. Teach the riders correctly from the get go. The good thing about tracks (as you know) is you don't have to concentrate about things like on coming traffic, children, slow drivers, animals.... My point is, all they are learning is the track, the way their bike performs on the track, and all things associated with riding with others in close proximity. May as well throw the flags in there too. They are not as hard to work out as traffic signs are. I hope everybody enjoys the track day.

Bike
    Honda PC800

Flag makers??

Thanks a million for the feedback folks -Im general vote is to make it alighned with racing rules.
    The option Im going for is
    Crash/major incident/dangerous riding --red flag waved at all points of the track.
    riders to slow down and leave the track via pits exit--reform on pits exit.
    Yellow flag waved on 1 corner--minor incident, procede with caution on that corner only -rest of track continue as per normal.
    Chequred flag waved on designated point (start line) also yellow flags held out stationary on every corner -end of session
    Last edited by FROSTY; 13th January 2006 at 20:29.

Thread Information