Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Z750S (ZR750K1 apparently)

Bike
    93 fireblade
    You're making me want one of these now! You never see any for sale on trademe though.. I don't particularly like the shape of the front fairing but there's this blue z750 around town that has what looks like the z1000 front and tail on it and it's very nias. Maybe it's just a year older though.

Bike
    Kwakasaurus Z750s '05
    When I bought the z750s I thought I was making a compromise with enjoyment being proportional to the cost. I was wrong. Nice write up Jim, ditto to everything - except to say you don't need to mod this bike (apart from the springs), but it is fun!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMelon View Post
    You're making me want one of these now! You never see any for sale on trademe though.. I don't particularly like the shape of the front fairing but there's this blue z750 around town that has what looks like the z1000 front and tail on it and it's very nias. Maybe it's just a year older though.
    There's two bikes in the range - Z750 and Z750S. The Z750 is the naked bike, and the Z750S is the half faired one. The running gear is the same.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    They don't sell this model over here - although the ones I saw in Mt Eden cycles - the fairing didn't do much for me, styling wise. The basic Z750 package though is still highly under rated and good value for money - I really enjoyed the one I rode.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    The Ohlins and Traxxion Dynamics kit gave me a firmly suspended but well controlled bike.
    Funny, I thought your bike took dives like a boxer in the employ of Don King.

But yeah, despite it only being a few Ks of riding, I still rate Jim's Z750 over a Honda Hornet, which I guess is one of the Z750's logical competitors. The engine goes 'whizzz' with more enthusiasm.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Suspension that moves = good

Suspension that doesn't = bad

Old suspension didn't move = bad

New suspension moves = good.

When is the myth that only super stiff suspension is any good FINALLY going to go away? The whole point is to keep your tyres on the road, not bounce you from ridge, to pothole, to tiny piece of gravel and back again.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    Oh yes totally agree; just remember what I had stepped off.

When I got the GSXR, I thought the suspension was too hard. I now think it on the soft side of perfect. Dulls the handling a little but, as your say, keeps both sets of tyres in contact with the ground. Your Z750 is a fine machine, I think there might be one similar in my future.

If I could just forget how much I enjoyed an fj1200.....

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Torque Surfing is fun. Try an FJR1300. That will make you forget your FJ1200.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    So ya reckon even a VFR rider would like them? The Kawasaki that is.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    The middleweight Zed is a great bike and punches well above its weightclass. I've spent a bit of time on my brothers bike (06 Z750) and they look and ride great. He's getting a belly pan and radiator side covers imported. Should look the bizzo when it finished.

Not a fan of the S looks either but personal preference regarding style is in the eye of the beholder.

The 07 Zed looks sharp and has a racy straight lines kinda look. Getting rid of the undertail plastics will give its booty the real baby got back look!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z750 2006.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	58474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z750 2007.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	58475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z750S 2006.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	58476  

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    So ya reckon even a VFR rider would like them? The Kawasaki that is.
    Probably not I suspect - finish won;t be what you're used to. Might be fun to swap and see some time though

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BarBender View Post

Not a fan of the S looks either but personal preference regarding style is in the eye of the beholder.
    Didn't buy it for looks, I bought it for weather protection and that headlight. The Z750 is definitely better looking. I am waiting to see IF there will be an S replacement, and whether ot not Kawasaki might actually employ a stylist this time. The new Z750 looks like a glob of Play Doh some toddler squeezed in his grubby little fist.

Having said that, the following is turning up early next year apparently:

http://www.diseno-art.com/encycloped...hiver_750.html

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    Didn't buy it for looks, I bought it for weather protection and that headlight. The Z750 is definitely better looking. I am waiting to see IF there will be an S replacement, and whether ot not Kawasaki might actually employ a stylist this time. The new Z750 looks like a glob of Play Doh some toddler squeezed in his grubby little fist.

Having said that, the following is turning up early next year apparently:

http://www.diseno-art.com/encycloped...hiver_750.html
    I doubt it was Play Doh Jim. Too soft and rounded. The new bike looks more like broken or shattered glass caused by stones thrown by the same grubby fisted toddler who is now a 7 year old little shit... Still I like its origami-ish styling..Sharp bits on the bike will ensure you stab yourself in an accident before you hit the deck.

Not sure about a S replacement. Perhaps they'll keep it the same.
    Shiver looks OK....Wonder if there is a faired version?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I sense a paintjob in my future.

Last edited by James Deuce; 22nd May 2007 at 18:21.

Bike
    None any more
    She's black coffee - little bit 'o cream
    Sweet brown sugar - my midnight dream
    Black pearl - my kinda girl
    Just the kind of thing to rock my world
    Black pearl - she's my kinda girl
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Thread Information