Thread: Help - I need a front brake master cylinder.

Bike
    GSXR1000

Help - I need a front brake master cylinder.

Does anyone have a front brake master cylinder - you know, the bit the brake lever attaches to. Its for a 89 GSXR, so I don't know if other brands would fit it.
    I need to ride to uni tomorrow so it would be nice if someone could help tonight or before 10am tomorrow.
    Thanx

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer X
    Does anyone have a front brake master cylinder - you know, the bit the brake lever attaches to. Its for a 89 GSXR, so I don't know if other brands would fit it.
    I need to ride to uni tomorrow so it would be nice if someone could help tonight or before 10am tomorrow.
    Thanx
    So, how did that go then?
    Try atomic bike wreckers in takapuna
    Luv it!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Dont worry guys - I got one off my mates RGV250 - its pretty much the same - sweet as.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    (smarty ass mode ON) If you've fitted it and it works I guess thats a start but are you aware of the ratio of master cylinder diameter to wheel cylinder diameter and the difference that makes to braking performance versus brake lever travel?
    Ie if the new master cylinder is smaller in diameter you'll get more pressure at the wheel cylinders - better braking - but the trade off will be more lever travel at the handlebar.
    Just because brake components look the same externally is no guarantee that they are the same. (smarty ass mode OFF)
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Thanks pete37598764396.. but there is better brake feel with this new master cylinder than there ever was with the original one - it must have been slightly f*cked for a while.

Bike
    Old Iron H/D

Bikesnbits Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X
    Thanx
    Call my shop.. in hamilton... 07-847-3143

Thread Information