Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its the silly season on the roads

Bike
    Honda PC800

Its the silly season on the roads

I know to most of you guys this is really old news. BUT
    Tis the silly season out there on what are usually our private roads.
    Watch out for cagers cutting corners or even getting confused and driving on the wrong side of the road. They are particularly agressive on the main roads too
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    I know to most of you guys this is really old news. BUT
    Tis the silly season out there on what are usually our private roads.
    Watch out for cagers cutting corners or even getting confused and driving on the wrong side of the road. They are particularly agressive on the main roads too
    yep....them dam townies can't drive out in the country....
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Sold

Thanks for the warning!

Have you been away! What happened about your Van? Cheers John.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    And there's none sillier than the wanker I saw wheelieing the Gixxer 1K down the South Western tonight.

"Neither big nor clever buddy!!"
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    GF250 (Morty)
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Watch out for cagers cutting corners or even getting confused and driving on the wrong side of the road.
    Agreed! Some tosspot did that down by the beach the other day, fully on the wrong side of the road for a good 200m, coming up to a corner. I was just watching him in my side mirrors.

AND he was driving a 4WD. I think these people do it to spite me.
    There's Life, the Universe and Everything, but I prefer pizza.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    It's always silly season out there, it's just not publicised like it is at Chrimbo.
    Take any 3 week time frame throughout the year and the road toll averages out exactly the same. The boffins in the news rooms just hype it up over this period and add in stuff like a farmbike rolling on someone or a trailie on a far north beach. The guy that got nailed by a logging extractor whatsamajigger machine with wheels wasnt included in the road toll for October so the statistics are bollocks.

So the lesson is ALWAYS take care cause theres no end to the silly season.
    yep....and townies still can't drive in the country...
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos
    ain't that the truth, should see some of the nutters on the main sth half them think its a race track & if not that then its the big drift across the centre while their gawking around at new things

but on the other foot when the country hicks head into town they can cause just as much trouble if not more some are like rabbits stunned with the bright lights & big buildings.

but farkin tourists in campers are the creame of the crop, just down right scary some of the shit they attempt, pricks should be

the so-called 4wd maniacs are more your urban tractor pricks, not genuine 4wd people, half the bastards wouldn't know how to get their vehicles into 4wd let alone actually do some serious 4wd driving!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Yea --me Pillion and baby bikie had a bit of a holiday down in Taupo.
    Got to see every kind of idiot driving imaginable.
    Urban assault vehicles jacknifed tryig to reverse a trailer.
    Camper vans in ditches. cars on the wrong side of the road.
    a urban assault vehicle that found ouyt that might is indeed right when he pulled out of a side street in front of a truckn traler unit -the trucky avoided directly hitting the 4x4 but his trailer came around and swatted the 4wd--
    truck 1 4wd 0 --a lovely crease from end to end of the 4wd and zero damage to the truck.
    Funniest thing was a couple in a big campervan followed pillion (in her rav4) down a narrow and narrowing laneway.--It got narrower and narrower and windy as heck then petered out to nothing.pillion just gunned the motor and up and over a big roadblocking pile of dirt about 1.5m high -the camper jockey was stuck fast --eeejut
    Last edited by FROSTY; 4th January 2006 at 10:25.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I see the art of the bigoted generalisation hasn't been forgotten by the farming community.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    sorry speedie--wasnt making myself clear--yep accident levels dont change much BUT what I was refering to was the fact that There will be a shit load more traffic on the roads us bikers like to ride--the country roads -22/16 b-coro loop etc
    Oh and poos--sorry matey one thing that had me gobsmacked- a guy on a big quad just drove on out of a paddock entrance onto the road in front of me -never bothered looking. Me doing 60-70km/h him 5 --I can confirm the rav4 abs system works well on cowshit --and it was a posted 100k zone

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMedic
    Sez he who missed the Bombay's.
    I was told bombay "HILLS" I didn't see no hills...sheeesh...u aucklanders

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    I see the art of the bigoted generalisation hasn't been forgotten by the farming community.
    something we learnt very well off the city dwellers of this fine country,who's backbone and economey was built by the rural sector...and how quickly that was forgotten by the ignorant city population of today

Bike
    Sold

Back bone?

something we learnt very well off the city dwellers of this fine country,who's backbone and economey was built by the rural sector...and how quickly that was forgotten by the ignorant city population of today
    Like the Muldoon era, when City dwellers were taxed to subsidise the farmers SMP hand outs! :slap: Keeping a balance here. Cheers John.

My country roads are a little more ''country'' than your's Frosty,and I find city drivers are absolutly terrified of gravel and just crawl along,being very overcautious.Even more so now as they get to drive on gravel less and less...once apon a time nearly every driver was confident on gravel,they had to be.

That said,last week I came across a very rare case of gravel road arrogance,although it was really only road works - on the lower part of SH22 where there is road works for sealing you have to go through a one way section over a cutting...and some sod in a 4x4 came into it while I was still coming out,prick.No biggie,I had plenty of room - but it's seldom I see such discourtesy on ''my'' country roads.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider
    Like the Muldoon era, when City dwellers were taxed to subsidise the farmers SMP hand outs! :slap: Keeping a balance here. Cheers John.
    oh god....theres so much more to that topic than I can be F,ed writing and I hav a feeling your probally aware of it...lol

Thread Information