Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this advise might save your life

Bike
    Thinking

this advise might save your life

For many years Ive got into the habit of approaching traffic light controlled intersections carefully and I always assume someone is doing a runner, if the light is red and I need to pull up to a stop I always move into the centre, or on the white line either side of my lane (usually to the right) I do this just in case someone doesnt see the light as red and goes straight through the intersection.
    This is a practice I always thought was wise and a good way to increase my safety level, Ive never actually benefited from this .......... until today
    I came up to a light which was red in the main street of Hamilton at Lunch time the traffic was heavy with Xmas shoppers, I came to a stop in the middle of the two lanes as I have always done, within an instant here is this young FUCK in a boy racer honda civic on my left whizzing past me and the other stopped car to my right he just missed me, he went right through the intersection and pulled up quickly to avoid hitting cars on the other side of the intersection!!
    (Ive posted before that im a bit of a aggro prick when it comes to my safety being comprimised by a idiot) the light turned green I rode up to his window (he was stuck in traffic) and gave him an absolute earful his defense was the light was he thought the light was orange(despite two others had stopped at the light), I bollocked him because HE WAS TEXTING !!!! I suggested to him that he nearly killed me and his reaction to this comment was not suitable, so you know wat I did, I reached into his car turned his car off pulled out the keys and biffed them towards the footpath !! he was stunned he didnt know what the fuck to do with a aggro biker at his window (kinda funny now)

So I thought I would share my little bit of riding safety advice with you all and I hope that you adopt it into your own riding style....just in case !!!
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    Ahahahahahaaaa- The key toss!! absolutely brillaint.

Nice work Bret.
    Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    Brilliant Quasi - wish I'd been a fly on the wall for that exchange.
    Checkout my blog: www.wubboodesigns.com

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Good move mate. A bollocking won't do him any harm - and excepting the fact it would inconvenience other drivers, it's a shame there were no drains handy to receive those keys...
    Last edited by ManDownUnder; 23rd December 2005 at 14:15.
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    S3
    good on yah i always split my lanes so im in your boat and i also get fucked off with cages the ammount ive chased down a given a them abusive advice on how to avoid me attacking them just isnt funny the thing i hate the most is when your passing slow moving traffic still on you side of the road and sum fucker coming the wrong way swervs at you or the cage your passing moves quickly to the right.jeloucy they cant avoid it
    I hate queues!!!

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Brilliant Quasi!!! bet the little prick did some heavy braking in his undies

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Nice one. Did you manage to do this from the seat of your bike or did you park it up?
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Good onya mate..... well done.
    Hope he had a long hunt for his keys... and then hopefully a cop comes along and he had to explain it to a cop as to why he is parked where he is....

Last night I was going around a roundabout and this pratt went straight throu without even looking or indicating... cos this pratt just about took me out... missed me by an inch.

So I followed him and pulled up beside him when we came to a set of lights at Henderson and made him wind down the passenger window (no room on the other side as he was right on the white line) and I bollocked this geezer out as well...

He said he "didnt see me"... like WTF.... I had my lights on and it was night time. I told him to open up his farking eyes and to farking look, oh and to use his farking indicators as it is the farking law to use the farking indicators.... I told the farker to go and sit the NZ license as well... cos I reckon he was on a international license.

I do believe that he got the message.... cos next time.....grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    So - anyone know who the dude was that got taken out by a car in Onslow Rd, Mt Eden yesterday?
    Chippy I was talking too said this asian lady dithered and dillied, then pulled straight out into the path of an approaching bike- he said it was a 600! Also said the bike was not going very fast on the wet road!
    Apparently a broken collarbone to tide this guy over for Xmas
    Good on ya Brett
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    Nice one. Did you manage to do this from the seat of your bike or did you park it up?
    From my bike seat, it was tricky though as I had to use my left hand but he just watched me do it I think he was a bit stunned. But sheesh it was clser than a really clode thing I tell ya fuck I could be dead or in Hospital for a long time, he would have been doing 60kmph.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil
    From my bike seat, it was tricky though as I had to use my left hand but he just watched me do it I think he was a bit stunned. But sheesh it was clser than a really clode thing I tell ya fuck I could be dead or in Hospital for a long time, he would have been doing 60kmph.
    Id love to know I could do that kinda thing, but Im a lover not a fighter (and a little bit chicken). Was cycling in a REAL foul mood one day and watched a guy pull out and hit me. MAN I nutted off.

He said I should be on the road, not the footpath...IM ON A F*CKEN CYCLE LANE YOU *&^%*$!!!....there were signs everywhere.

I told him "give up the park life mate, get some exercise!" (very funny later). Very cathartic.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    none
    So that was you. Was on the footpath in the general direction you threw the keys in. Saw it happen and almost fell over laughing. Had some one do something similar on the small bridge off River road that takes you to Victoria after the Y-split with Ulister or Ulster or whatever that one is called. He cut me off at the road about when I had right of way and was in fact just over half the bike in front of him. His keys are now at the bottom of the Waikato.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    None any more
    Good on you Quasi. You are a Legend.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.
    Quasi your a farkin legend. That guy would have looked like a complete dick in the middle of that intersection

Bike
    Huski TE250 "04
    shit, ive gota start parking near the white line at the lights, and look in my mirrors (never do it). i wish i was there to see that though. im surprised the guy didnt stop you, if i were him, i would of atleast grabed your hand or pushed you away,WHAT A DIP SHIT!!!!

good on ya quazi
    Well what would you do? Run through the streets stark naked at 350 miles per hour with bells on your toes?

Thread Information