Thread: Another one looking for naked thrills

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400

Another one looking for naked thrills

As a result of a minor upset which is now past history so the less said the better, I will shortly be looking to replace my deceased GSX1200. Another one exactly the same would be good (I really did like that bike), but will also consider similar types esp. XJR1200/1300, GSX1400. Prefer 2-3 yrs old low km. Have seen a 2001 24k GSX1200 advertised at Haldanes for $9,000 and will check it out but would pay a bit more for lower kms. If anyone knows of anything suitable let me know (but bear in mind I won't be able to ride/buy for a couple of weeks... Ouch.)

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    What happened? I think I missed this??

Yamahamaman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    As a result of a minor upset which is now past history so the less said the better, I will shortly be looking to replace my deceased GSX1200. Another one exactly the same would be good (I really did like that bike), but will also consider similar types esp. XJR1200/1300, GSX1400. Prefer 2-3 yrs old low km. Have seen a 2001 24k GSX1200 advertised at Haldanes for $9,000 and will check it out but would pay a bit more for lower kms. If anyone knows of anything suitable let me know (but bear in mind I won't be able to ride/buy for a couple of weeks... Ouch.)
    Up to you, but after the bad experience I had with Haldanes, I would not encourage anyone to go there.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Personally - I have had nothing but good experiences with Haldanes. Chris always gave me gr8 discounts on gear

Yamahamaman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    Personally - I have had nothing but good experiences with Haldanes. Chris always gave me gr8 discounts on gear
    Maybe he fancies you...

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Wkid, you can read about it in the thread called Club 250 Auckland or something (I'm not clever enough to be able to insert a hyperlink here).

Yamahamaman, you must give me more details about your unpleasant experience.

Yamahamaman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Yamahamaman, you must give me more details about your unpleasant experience.
    OK
    1. Did a valve clearance check on said '99 R6 after I specifically advised that it already had been done by my previous service people.
    2. Replaced clutch cable on '99 R6 without asking first.

You would think that I would have learned after that, but no.

Purchased a new motorcycle from them. Thought I was buying a 2002 R6. What I got was 2001 clearance stock at FULL PRICE. Could have got same bike $2k cheaper elsewhere.

I now deal with Tony Rees in Whakatane, slightly inconvenient but he is honest.

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    O.K. I can understand your attitude, especially after the last episode. The first two could charitably be put down to misunderstandings, but the last one was nasty.
    I would certainly prefer to deal with Colemans and if I were to buy that bike from Haldane's I would get it serviced at Colemans assuming there was no warranty attached.

Bike
    Ducati 400ss
    Take the opportunity to buy a T-bird.

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Take the opportunity to buy a T-bird.
    Gorgeous bike, superbly engineered and finished, but over-priced and under-powered.
    If I could get one for the same price as a GSX or XJR, I'd be tempted, though...

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    Hey MikeL, sorryto hear that something has happened, I'll check out the link.

In reference to Haldanes I have bought a number of bikes from them and have had nothing but great experiences. I would not hesitate to recomend them nor buy another bike.

So I guess you need to see for yourself.
    uno patito dalle motociclette italiane

Yamahamaman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy
    In reference to Haldanes I have bought a number of bikes from them and have had nothing but great experiences. I would not hesitate to recomend them nor buy another bike.
    All I can say is that they must have seen me comming But I won't be goin' back there.

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Wandered into Haldanes this afternoon to check out the bike. Almost identical to mine but 1 year younger - same colour, pack-rack, but smaller Givi screen. Very similar condition (minor scuffs on exhaust and engine cover). Mileage 24k (mine had 19). 2 owners. Price reduced to $8500.
    A few minutes later got a call from the insurance assessor. Bike a write-off (Colemans estimated $11,000 in parts alone, not including labour). Assessor said market value was $7,500. Told him he was at least $1000 too low. The fact that he kept referring to it as a Bandit made me wonder if he knew what he was talking about. Anyway I'll have to negotiate with the broker. If they insist on $7500 I'm going to be seriously out of pocket, considering the excess ($500) not to mention the fact that I had only just paid the premium (about $600) which is non-refundable and non-transferable.
    But hey, it's only money...

Thread Information