close.....dunlop.... 208rr
    if it a 1000 used joe's they'd have to be cumslop 208rr wouldn't they

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by soundbeltfarm
    if it a 1000 used joe's they'd have to be cumslop 208rr wouldn't they
    amen brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    The bike came with Dunlop 220's ... I won't have them again...

didn't feel confident.. and the front edge tend to wear unevenly
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf

That's why you use the 218 on the front.Very planted and HEAPS of grip.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by WINJA
    ARE YOU FAST OR SOMTHING??
    Winja has his caps back!
    Average , but I get sick of seeing guys recomending race rubber on bikes that never get ridden hard enough for them to work properly. I'm just trying to make the point that if I can ride at the speed I go on a sport/touring tyre with no probs (and I've seen more than a few others) then most people will be better off with them.Race/sport rubber is made to be pushed and needs temp to work properly, be honest about your abilities and usage and get a tyre that suits and you'll be happier.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by WINJA
    ARE YOU FAST OR SOMTHING??
    A bit. But then, if you ever came on a ride with us you wouldn't need to ask.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf

Well you need to grow some balls son. I held off TS on his Gixxer Sixxer and Death down 22 on a stock 220 shod SV650. Nothing wrong with 'em.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Gixxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil
    Two words Jill, Pirelli Diablo (not a corsa) that is what you need, the strada will not be adequate for the track days.

Fully agree!
    Motorcycing is not a hobby, It is a way of life!

Missed forever! NEVER FORGOTTEN!!
    LIVE ON MY FRIENDS!

Friends dont let friends ride Hyosungs

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    A bit. But then, if you ever came on a ride with us you wouldn't need to ask.
    I DID GO ON A RIDE WITH HIM

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Winja has his caps back!
    Average , but I get sick of seeing guys recomending race rubber on bikes that never get ridden hard enough for them to work properly. I'm just trying to make the point that if I can ride at the speed I go on a sport/touring tyre with no probs (and I've seen more than a few others) then most people will be better off with them.Race/sport rubber is made to be pushed and needs temp to work properly, be honest about your abilities and usage and get a tyre that suits and you'll be happier.
    I USED A LOT OF SECOND HAND OE BRIDGESTONES , I THINK THEIR GRIPPY ENOUGH , BUT PEOPLE TAKE THEM OFF WITH THE EDGES NOT WARN , I SAW A DUDE AT TREADS TAKING 011/012 OFF A GIXXER1000 THAT WERE STILL GOOD ON THE EDGES HE GOT STICKY RACE RUBBER , I PUT HIS OLD TYRES ON MY BIKE(98 ZX9) FOR FREE AND SPENT THE NEXT FEW WEEKS KICKIN HIS ARSE ROUND NTH OF AUCKS , I KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING AT DEATH

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Hey Keystone--just an idea here--buy some tyres to suit ya commute/touring.
    Then grab a set of my race tyres for ya track day -theyre well scrubbed in and still have heaps of tread left --and shit loads cheaper than new tyres
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    best idea yet....especially the way he said grap some of his ex track tyres...not as in pay for them!!!!

frosty....bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    WEAPON
    WINJA, WT and Death know there shit aight, Jill i've seen you ride right from when you were VTR mounted and watched you progress to your SV and i must say at the track you were looking most impressive indeed and more to come i assume, but honestly with the speed you are at, at the moment a Strada would do you fine and last well with heaps of grip that you need even on the track i dont think they will hassle you in the grip dept, sure Racetecs/Supercorsa's are the shit when it comes to track work but you have to push quite hard to get them to work, there are more than a few people on this site that run racetecs that are purely wasted with their riding and people saying that a tyre is not good enough but there riding is nowhere near that of telling what is good enough cause it's in their head that it's not so they need a sticky tyre. Too mnay people are too quick to blame a less sticky tyre as the reason they crash, if so how could WT hold off Twosmoker on a SV650 shod with 220's vs a GSXR600 shod with racetecs, it's all in the rider, not saying either a slow riders.

keep up the good riding Jill
    GSXR wiping the shit that is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki off the road since '85'

All you Gixxer riders check it out http://www.gixxerplanet.com/home/ind...referrerid=235
    For all your riding saftey gear needs and Remus Mufflers check out www.quasimoto.co.nz
    Anything Suzuki! Rock into Colemans and check it out www.colemans-suzuki.co.nz

Bike
    Honda PC800
    I couldn't agree with loosie enough.
    he covered off what I was going to say.
    I feel perhaps more attention to suspension settings and correct tyre pressures would actually make "poor performing' tyres suddenly work well
    -proof positive is the SV -with suspension work suddenly my tyres are working properly--Im getting literally twice the life out of a set of tyres.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Thinking
    Yeah but why fuck around with a strada, get onto the sports profile of a diablo and progress from there for fucks sake
    the Strada is designed as a touring tyre for sports bikes, it was never intended to hold up on the track. As mentioned above she is riding really well so get on a sports profile Diablo and work up the range of Diablos as her skills improve.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Thread Information