Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tyres

Bike
    WEAPON
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil
    As a footnote to the above , Pirellis Website list the Strada as 100% Street and 0% track. the Diablo 80% street and 20% track and the Corsa %0% street and 50% track, so I dont understand why you are talking Strada at all.
    Righto then ya balding middle aged homo, i'll put a set of strada's of my GSXR (er when i get it back that is) and you can run what ever you bloody well feel like and we'll take it to the track.

On a side note i do hear what ya saying with the profile of the tyre, and maybe a diablo would suit Jill little better and chances are she'd get good mileage out of them, but then i'd say Diablos are shit, and shit in the wet to and that you'd be better off with Pilot Sports or Powers, what you got to say to that mister Pirelli 82% 34% 58% Man, huh?
    GSXR wiping the shit that is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki off the road since '85'

All you Gixxer riders check it out http://www.gixxerplanet.com/home/ind...referrerid=235
    For all your riding saftey gear needs and Remus Mufflers check out www.quasimoto.co.nz
    Anything Suzuki! Rock into Colemans and check it out www.colemans-suzuki.co.nz

Bike
    WEAPON
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    The Corsa has done 8000k's and still has good tread, prob 2 k more.

mmmm am i doing something wrong.
    But thats the front one thats spends most of it's life in the air right, if so you're excused for 8000k's
    GSXR wiping the shit that is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki off the road since '85'

All you Gixxer riders check it out http://www.gixxerplanet.com/home/ind...referrerid=235
    For all your riding saftey gear needs and Remus Mufflers check out www.quasimoto.co.nz

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    My Blade currently has a Pirelli Corsa on the front and a Michelin Pilot Power on the rear, came with these tyres when i bought it 2nd hand and they've been a great mix over the last 3000kms i've ridden anyway. I do intend on matching them when they wear out...just making the point that some mixes work!
    Thats fine, yes they are both round and they all have holes in the middle youre right they will work.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by loosebruce
    Righto then ya balding middle aged homo, i'll put a set of strada's of my GSXR (er when i get it back that is) and you can run what ever you bloody well feel like and we'll take it to the track.

On a side note i do hear what ya saying with the profile of the tyre, and maybe a diablo would suit Jill little better and chances are she'd get good mileage out of them, but then i'd say Diablos are shit, and shit in the wet to and that you'd be better off with Pilot Sports or Powers, what you got to say to that mister Pirelli 82% 34% 58% Man, huh?
    Yeah but not everyone is an exceptional rider like you bruce, and why arent you at work

Bike
    WEAPON
    Yeah but not everyone is an exceptional rider like you bruce, and why arent you at work
    Ummm well in order to save Ray's arse from being burned by Chris;s due to the labour costs being so high i worked super duper hard and left early to cut down on cost's, mint worker i am.

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos
    why mix and match???
    No, I'm not going to...

But, hypothetically speaking would it not be better to have a stickier tyre on the front (so that a) it would then wear at about the same speed as the rear and b) be less likely to get in a front wheel slide) or do they make matching sets to take this into consideration?
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone19
    No, I'm not going to...

But, hypothetically speaking would it not be better to have a stickier tyre on the front (so that a) it would then wear at about the same speed as the rear and b) be less likely to get in a front wheel slide) or do they make matching sets to take this into consideration?
    I used to run a Corsa on the Front and a stadard Diablo on the rear, you are right !
    Alot of people do this and it is a good idea. they are the identical profile so it makes no difference and gives you a bit of insurance against front wheel slides.
    Ladies and gentlemen I think this discussion is over

Bike
    I used to run a Corsa on the Front and a stadard Diablo on the rear, you are right !
    Alot of people do this and it is a good idea. they are the identical profile so it makes no difference and gives you a bit of insurance against front wheel slides.
    Almost over...

What then, about a Strada on the rear and a Diablo on the front?

Bike
    Thinking
    Almost over...

What then, about a Strada on the rear and a Diablo on the front?
    :eyepoke: No, different pattern, different profile, and not meant to be.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Well,technically,no. Different models of tyre have different internal construction and shapes(profiles).....tyres work as pairs best, unless you wanna change the dynamics of the bikes handling.......
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    :eyepoke: No, different pattern, different profile, and not meant to be.

I was about to edit my post to ask that.

Hmm, ok, well, decision will be made by tomorrow...

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Well,technically,no. Different models of tyre have different internal construction and shapes(profiles).....tyres work as pairs best, unless you wanna change the dynamics of the bikes handling.......
    I hear ya big guy, but in the Case of a Corsa and a standard Diablo the differences are insignificant for the application she is wanting

Bike
    WEAPON

(so that a) it would then wear at about the same speed as the rear and b) be less likely to get in a front wheel slide)
    Well yes/no really, i like your thinking Jill but wear on the front should be sweet FA, as to the wheelies you be pullin, and it would help front slides as a sticker road tyre will heat up a bit quicker, so when you be landin one of those mingin wheelies and you have to grab a handful hopefully it will hook up coz it's got some more heat into it quicker. But it has been known to undo one or two people round here.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    No, I'm not going to...

most supersports tyres are a slightly different [softer] compound on the front than rear not by much mind...and often require different presures as the front heats slower and not usually to the same temp as the rear

matching pair....me thinks....

what we really need in one of dangerous's full thread summeray's to make sence of all this infomation
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    or do they make matching sets to take this into consideration?
    This is why manufacturers spend millions on R & D and don't spend much time on bikers forums.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Thread Information