Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Riders Day Out

Bike
    Suzuki SV 650
    I am keen ( I am a real nana though be warned!!!) at the moment I am working Sunday so will have to try and swap shifts before I can put my name forward.
    No day is so bad that it can't be fixed with a nap

Bike
    depends
    Tentatively, I'm keen. Which way to Clevedon? Scenic route or the other way?
    Last time we stopped for fush'n'chops, didn't think much of the chops, but the fush was good. Kaikohe had better chops, but the fush was dodgy. Shop in Matamata does both good.
    What was the start time?
    As for ability, been riding road about 1-1/2 years, refuse to ride at a pace I'm not happy about and don't care about being tailendcharlie. Commute every day and do longer rides on the weekend - when not riding offroad. Have full licence. Love riding twisty roads, but suck at them.
    Again, I'm a tentative, not a definite (talk was of going camping that weekend, but will let you know in the week before).

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Route will be through beachlands, maraetai, take in the pohutukawa coast.

Start will be mid morning most likely, so 10-11, but that is yet to be decided absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by lia
    its a great thing you guys are doing. i'll be there for the next one providing i have a learners ... oh and a bike
    Why not just jump on the back of someone's bike and come with us.
    It is what it is

Bike
    suzuki sv1000 k3
    count me in. know the roads fairly well around there having lived in howick and maukau most of my time in this country, and i'm always looking to improve my riding skills.
    Its all about the game and how you play it.

Bike
    '93 Kwaka ZZR400, GSX400X impulse
    I'm in. Happy birthday to me!
    Work Harder
    Millions on welfare and ACC depend on you!

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSX1300R
    If someone who doesnt have a bike is interested in going (to be sociable of course).. then the back of the busa is free PM me and let me know... Depends on me being able to organise a few things, but there is a good chance I will be there
    It's been a rough day. I got up this morning, put on a shirt and a button fell off.
    As I ran out the door, I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off.
    Now I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

Bike
    GSX-R600 K6, 07 CBR600RR
    Beware the two sets of major roadworks on the Whitford-Brookby road, between Sandstone Rd and Ara-Kotinga Roads if you're going that way. I suspect by the 29th it'll probably be sealed, but there'll still be lots of gravel on it. Its thru curves and theres "some" camber on the road too.

Bike
    Hodor
    Hi Weasle Im able to help you on that weekend

Bike
    suzuki sv1000 k3
    Quote Originally Posted by Leong
    Beware the two sets of major roadworks on the Whitford-Brookby road, between Sandstone Rd and Ara-Kotinga Roads if you're going that way. I suspect by the 29th it'll probably be sealed, but there'll still be lots of gravel on it. Its thru curves and theres "some" camber on the road too.
    i might have a scoot around the area the day before to see what the roads are like.
    Its all about the game and how you play it.

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    I'm super-keen to learn from experienced riders (4+ months and 4000+km under my belt so far...), and I imagine Mrs P would be too...Murphy's law would have it that this is on the 29th. Sadly I must pick up a mate from the Airport on at 1pm that day...

This is a fantastic initiative - I'll keep a look out for the next equivalent ride...
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    2007 GSXR 600
    I wpi;d be really keen to have some good riders watch my riding and give me some pointer. But its going mean having to make my way up from hamilton again. That also means getting lost in auckland trying to find the meeting spot. reminds me of tuesday
    I really want help with my Lines in corners

been riding for like 3 months now done about just over 4000k's on the bike
    ride my bike every day to work
    I am ment to have an L plate but i dont use it at all

Bike
    There's a map on the thread detailing where the meeting point is, and I'll post up my number so if anyone get's lost they can buzz me on the way.

Bike
    2007 GSXR 600
    dude i am from hamilton. me and finding my way round in auckland do not mix to well

Bike
    justsomebike
    Awesome stuff here Weasel. I think you've got all your bases organised. I don't think there's any need for me to proceed any further with the stuff I PM'ed you.

I'll be off with QkChk and co up north so regretfully I wont be around.

Glad to see you have excellent riders like M1cro etc there to help you out. Have a chat with this chap - he's a BRONZ riding instructor with heaps of experience that can help newbies- the same applies to all the other experienced riders, they have a ton of info we newbies can learn - so all you guys/gals don't hesitate to ask them any questions none of them bite.

Enjoy yourselves and be safe

Thread Information