Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New Riders Day Out

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Thanks to Weasel and Gremlin, for a great ride, I even learn't somthing, that you can ride a sportbike at the speed limit (100kp/h) and enjoy the ride,
    thanks to Balding Eagle for leading our group, set a nice pace at the start so everyone settled in quickly and pointed out hazards along the way.also thanks to Tristank for keeping an eye on use from the rear of our group, good to know their is someone their should anything go wrong, or just some advise on improving our riding tec. Hope those yoshi's weren't too in your face
    They say you meet nice people on motorcycle, and this event held true to that,
    if you needed help with anything, their was always some there to help you
    Big Thanks Again Guys.

Bike
    '93 Kwaka ZZR400, GSX400X impulse
    great to meet you Oldguy, yes I could hear your Yoshi's behind me all the way to kaiawa.

Who was on the Hyosung???
    Work Harder
    Millions on welfare and ACC depend on you!

Bike
    2006, Honda 900 Hornet
    The Hyosung was Yellowstreak, so he told me. Hey guys, I had a great day out. Went with the intention of learning bike skills and learnt that there are a lot of neat people out riding bikes. Joined KB just a couple of weeks ago after I spoke to Gremllin and Rayza at Botany BP. They had obviously been out trying out the track for this weekend.

It is my intention to continue with these rides. Neat people, neat ride. Regrettably we spent too much time chewing the fat at the stops and the Balding ended up looking like a cooked cray on top. It still hurts. Must get one of those hats that Spank had. VERY practical and sensible.

Old Guy, Raster, Yellowstreak, Adamww and Tristank - Thanks for the company. And to everyone else - Many thanks for a great afternoon (on my wife's birthday).

Bike
    Suzuki RF400

Newbies Ride

There may be a thread already up with regards to this ride but I couldn't find it. Just wanted to say a big thank you to all that arranged this wonderful day for us newbies and also to Tristank for the BBQ back at his place!

It was great to meet you all and I really can't wait to ride with you all again
    For ever action...there is a reaction.

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Good riding Kels, was impressed with your open road riding skills. Good lines and position on the road. Keep at it!. Was a good day, I will definitely be in for the next one.

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Leong
    (snip)Good to meet a few more KB'er - Would have liked to meet you Phurrball.... were you there?
    As the Murphy's Law would have it I was engaged picking up a friend from the airport in the early afternoon, so I coudn't make the ride.

Pretty gutted I couldn't make it, but happy to catch up with my mate after his couple of years in the 'motherland'.

My name was registered on behalf of Mrs P, as she said she was keen, but on the day she was feeling a little 'feeblised' (Her word) and not up for a ride anywhere.

I have given her shite for missing such a great opportunity which I couldn't make myself...never mind. Next time eh?

In the interim I can be spotted in action doing the westie commute - hard to miss on my red Bandit, with my blue graphic Nitro helmet adorned with a ridiculous-but-fantastic yellow mohawk
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Suzuki RF400
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishslayer
    Keep at it and remember - Rubber side down
    Was great to meet you Fishslayer just want to thank you very much for your support and also your words of wisdom. I feel much more confident about cornering in the wet.
    Cheers
    For ever action...there is a reaction.

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Hi, just thought I,d try and upload some pic,s I took on the ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L Ride 1.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	530.8 KB 
ID:	25140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L Ride 2.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	578.3 KB 
ID:	25141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L Ride 3.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	552.8 KB 
ID:	25142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L Ride 4.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	533.9 KB 
ID:	25143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L Ride 5.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	554.4 KB 
ID:	25144  

Bike
    ZXR 250C, 636
    Just like to add to the swelling in the organisers' pants (well okay, not really) and say thanks for organising the training day.

I had my first bike for less than a week before the ride and put only 57km on it. At the end of the rider training I had gone downhills [applause], been in the rain, gone over 100km/hr, and had put 237km on it. Was a tremendous day. Bike riding is good. Gang bike riding is great. Gang banging, I'm still unsure of.

I don't recall anyone from group one having near spills or going over the center line, so I would like to award group one with the coveted 'Riders of the Day' special plaque. As a member of group one, I would like to accept the award on behalf of everyone in the group, and give thanks to my sponsers, my family and all the supporters watching at home.

Incidentally this guy was taking photos of my ass all day. Should I be worried about him? Does he do this all the time? Should I call the Ass Police?
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/d...lbum=304&pos=8

Bike
    Was good to have you out there.

Don't worry about Boomer taking ass pics, he's just looking to put the other B in his group ABA just doesn't cut it...

Next ride is being planned already, more details as they come.

Bike
    Rf900RS

Riders Day

Great idea too late for me though Me and my beloved RF900 got bowled by a CBS Bus in Christchurch last month, bummer really it was a nice bike.
    They said smile it cant be that bad, so I did, and it was!
    Bringing it to the world

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki ZXR250A
    yup
    gutted couldn't make it

def keen for the next one...
    Well the music is your special friend, dance on fire as it intends
    Music is your only friend, until the end
    Until the end
    Until the end!
    The Doors - When The Music's Over

Thread Information