Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: gear change

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos
    well the offers there.....oh....and bring ya misses...I'll take real good care of her if ya can off....
    If i do cark it i think she'll be too busy beating the crap out of me to need taking care of..
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    come on aff.. i'm bringin mine
    I've booked a double too, should be fine for 4 of us

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    come on aff.. i'm bringin mine
    I've booked a double too, should be fine for 4 of us
    exxxxxxccceeeeeeellllleeeeeeeeeennnnnttttt

*maniacle hand gestures* ..... honestly where is the smiley for that??

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Hmmm
    Firstly DON'T preload....if ya fook it up and have to back off it'll shift and land ya on yer head.....
    Just shift like normal,I even use the clutch sometimes,what I do is shift as I blip the throttle, you know you sorta blip it up and down on balance,just shift when you blip off , then the power is off and when you blip back on yer up a gear.....practise it below balance and you'll soon get it
    Change yer sprocket like I told ya a dozen or so times :slap:
    Standing up is sweet if yer tall, My mate Sam is on the tall side and he wheelies as far as I do standing....in fact I don't think I've ever seen him wheelie sitting....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samwheelie.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	23925  
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Hmmm
    Firstly DON'T preload....if ya fook it up and have to back off it'll shift and land ya on yer head.....
    Just shift like normal,I even use the clutch sometimes,what I do is shift as I blip the throttle, you know you sorta blip it up and down on balance,just shift when you blip off , then the power is off and when you blip back on yer up a gear.....practise it below balance and you'll soon get it
    Change yer sprocket like I told ya a dozen or so times :slap:
    Standing up is sweet if yer tall, My mate Sam is on the tall side and he wheelies as far as I do standing....in fact I don't think I've ever seen him wheelie sitting....
    Yeh i will do. Money i was saving for new chain and sprockets has to go to new tyre now. Hopefully might get some reimbursment from the construction company but i'm not holding my breath. So yeh preloading is way hard. I think your idea of doing it while "bliping" sounds like the goer cause i kinda blip it anyway to keep it up

Bike
    Kawasaki
    Not convinced about the tall/short theory. Personally can't see why it'd make any difference either way. You just adjust your riding/wheelie according to your height, weight, etc, etc.

For me I find standups are a lot easier cos I can get them to BP, meaning that I can pick a gear and cruise along at a constant speed. No changing cos you aren't picking up speed. Been trying to do this sitting down for a while now, but I've found it alot harder. Always seem to end up picking up speed, changing gear, and going faster. One day though!

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by larriken
    Not convinced about the tall/short theory. Personally can't see why it'd make any difference either way.
    I know what your saying...but it is a case by case type thing really...my handle bars are right on my knees on a stand up...its like trying to wheelie a little kids bike...your weights to high...and and its just plain hard to balance....I can balance fine sitting...not as good as alot of you nutters...but I can often tickle the box on my klx to 5th gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Thread Information