Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley Davidson

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geneandjane
    I think that you, Jim2, should maybe " close mouth " before your other foot finds it's way there. Your comment on HD prices is way out for a start - show me someone who has paid $30,000 for a Sporty. I have ridden evrything from a nifty fifty, dirtbikes, HD'S, and the new V-Rod, and enjoy the thrill of the ride and each bikes individual handling etc. I have settled on a HD which have ridden all over the South Island and in Oz down the East coast to Sydney - never fallen off and always found the brakes ( that you say the HD's don't seem to have ). You sound extemely ill-educated on bikes and need to study on each subject carefully before going public ! Oh , by the way - you have'nt heard me run the Jap bikes into the ground in this Forum have you - tact goes a long way !
    Jane ( not too scared to use my own name !)
    Already got put straight on prices by White Trash thanks.

The prices I was quoting were for Anniversary specials.

The new Sporties are listed that dear in trade adverts. Apprently you can get them cheaper.

I've ridden 3 Harleys and a Buell now (Thanks White Trash) and I don't understand what the fuss is about Harleys. The Buell was fantastic. You may want to read the thread and remove your feet from your oral orifice before sounding off. I was asking for creative discussion (and insults) not a personal attack.

I don't like Harleys and I was asking what other people think, and what I was missing. If you read the thread you will see that I have responded to people's comments and have decided that I may need to re-evaluate my ideas. NOw go back and read and excercise some of that tact you mention.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    Crickey, now this IS getting exciting ...

I've always been a fan of twin cylinder bikes, I enjoy the torque and the sound of a twin.
    Now I've never ridden a harley (never had the chance), but I would certainly consider owning one. I've been riding long enough to be over the top speed, crazy cornering thing, and would not expect the best performnce from such a machine. (who would)?
    I think the VROD looks cool and I've read that it performs quite well. Anyone want to offer a test ride ??
    Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    You may note that I own a twin with less HP than yours. I'm a twin fan too. I prefer handling to horsepower though.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    You may note that I own a twin with less HP than yours. I'm a twin fan too. I prefer handling to horsepower though.
    Yea - I quite like those TRX's - They sound brilliant!!!

How long have you had yours ??

I'm still getting used to the TL, it's abit heavier than the 750 SS
    Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Yea - I quite like those TRX's - They sound brilliant!!!

How long have you had yours ??

I'm still getting used to the TL, it's abit heavier than the 750 SS
    I got mine for Christmas from the wife last year It's bloody fantastic! It has the standard mufflers, but with some strategic baffles removed so it is quite "fruity".

Love the TLs too, but quite happy with the TRX.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Already got put straight on prices by White Trash thanks.

The prices I was quoting were for Anniversary specials.

The new Sporties are listed that dear in trade adverts. Apprently you can get them cheaper.

I've ridden 3 Harleys and a Buell now (Thanks White Trash) and I don't understand what the fuss is about Harleys. The Buell was fantastic. You may want to read the thread and remove your feet from your oral orifice before sounding off. I was asking for creative discussion (and insults) not a personal attack.

I don't like Harleys and I was asking what other people think, and what I was missing. If you read the thread you will see that I have responded to people's comments and have decided that I may need to re-evaluate my ideas. NOw go back and read and excercise some of that tact you mention.
    Well responded!

Hey, we should have a Harley riders v's Jap riders fight club!

"1st rule of fight club......"
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    "1st rule of fight club......"
    "Don't steal the Harley riders' walking frames"?

kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    Timber020, you say "as far as products go they are not very good", in what way are noy very good?
    Sure if it's H.P. they are well down to what they could be but then if it's H.P. you want it would be a Hyabusa you would aim for.
    As far as bikes go it's "horses for courses" and I am quite happy with my slow 1200-S Sporty, I suppose it's like having an Anglia instead of a Ferrari, the extra performance would be wasted on you if you didn't want it/use it.
    In some ways the Jap copies of Harleys are pathetic - like they are water-cooled but have bolt on fins to make themLOOK air-cooled and like a Harley but if that's what you want/can afford good on you.
    As a foot note, when I was in Las Vegas two years ago I was talking to a cop on a H-D and asked him why they had gone back from Kawasakis to H-D's and he said that what the department lost in the initial purchase price they more than made up for in the higher trade-in value and there was no difference in reliability and the maintenance was easier.

This is quite the dumbest thing I've read in a while.
    What are you saying?
    You compared your HD to an Anglia? That analogy would only work if the Anglbox cost more than the Ferrari...So are you saying you paid double the odds because you LIKE inferior performance?

As for your Jap Cruiser remark - I'm no cruiser fan, but I have ridden a coupla Kawasaki Vulcans - these things are half the price of the equivalent HD, faster, handle better and actually have brakes that work...apart from that they're "pathetic".

BTW - WHat's the point in worrying about resale if yer Cop can get 3 Kawasaki's for the price of two HD's? Duh...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by geneandjane
    I think that you, Jim2, should maybe " close mouth " before your other foot finds it's way there. Your comment on HD prices is way out for a start - show me someone who has paid $30,000 for a Sporty. I have ridden evrything from a nifty fifty, dirtbikes, HD'S, and the new V-Rod, and enjoy the thrill of the ride and each bikes individual handling etc. I have settled on a HD which have ridden all over the South Island and in Oz down the East coast to Sydney - never fallen off and always found the brakes ( that you say the HD's don't seem to have ). You sound extemely ill-educated on bikes and need to study on each subject carefully before going public ! Oh , by the way - you have'nt heard me run the Jap bikes into the ground in this Forum have you - tact goes a long way !
    Jane ( not too scared to use my own name !)
    Obviously your idea of "tact" includes telling people to take their feet out of their mouths and calling them extremely ill-educated.
    Strange (must be an Aussie thing).

If you wanna slag off Jap bikes, go right ahead. Lets start by comparing them to your beloved HD, shall we? Now, lesse - in what area is an HD superior to the equivilant Japper?

Um...power?
    Nope.

Handling...?
    Nope.

Comfort..(who would know, most of you cruiser types only ride from esspresso machine to esspresso machine)?
    Nope.

Reliability? Hahhahahahahahahahahah...splork, *cough* sorry, Nope.

Price? Ah, now we're getting somewheres. You like riding a bike that is not only instantly recognisable, but is also known to be expensive.

Conclusion - if you HD dorks could actually ride, you'd be on BMW's!

Bike
    2002 Susuki SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    "Don't steal the Harley riders' walking frames"?
    Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jim2
    I've ridden 3 Harleys and a Buell now (Thanks White Trash) and I don't understand what the fuss is about Harleys.
    White T...dude...Im disillusioned about harley's and Buells too, I might need you to set me up with some test rides.
    Its not a Ber belly, its a fuel tank for a sex machine!!!1

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar

Conclusion - if you HD dorks could actually ride, you'd be on BMW's!
    Hey Oscar, you might want to take that back! I know 4 sports bike riders (3 are members of this site!) who got a hell of shock on the castle point road when they couldn't escape the far reaching clutches of me on my V-Rod.

I've also seen a particular long haired larikan "teaching" a few Ducati and Aprillia racers around Wanganui cemetary circuit on a friggin Softail Custom.

Or hows Jason Veitch at Westport last year. WON the open sport production race on an FXDX.

Before you start slagging peoples riding ability based on what they ride, have a think first. One day someone will "call you out" so you can put your money where your mouth is!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanOh
    Hahahaha

White T...dude...Im disillusioned about harley's and Buells too, I might need you to set me up with some test rides.
    We gave Jim a $50 backhander to say nice things on the site

Feel free to come by any time, you know where I am.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    I don't normaly get involved in this type of discussion but WTH.
    Iv'e owned two HDs and enjoyed them both.
    I had no reliability issues with either of em'.
    I didn't buy either with any thought to HP,Handling or any other consideration.
    Only that I liked them,that also holds true with every other bike Iv'e owned.
    The biggist and really noticable thing I became aware of when I bought my first one was how a lot of the jap riders I knew at the time showed an instant dislike that went way beyond brand loyalty or even common sence.
    As a matter of fact some of them became complete assholes while bitching about HD riders being snobs.
    I guess it rattles a few cages when all the HP,Handling,cost, type of arguments have no affect on somebody that simply likes something.
    A bit like motorcycles themselfs I think.
    Iv'e never tryed to explain bikes to a nonbeliver because it would be a waste of time,they never really get it,the same goes for HD.
    As far as anybody that knocks anothers choise of bike,what ever it is.
    POND SCUM.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Hey Oscar, you might want to take that back! I know 4 sports bike riders (3 are members of this site!) who got a hell of shock on the castle point road when they couldn't escape the far reaching clutches of me on my V-Rod.

I've also seen a particular long haired larikan "teaching" a few Ducati and Aprillia racers around Wanganui cemetary circuit on a friggin Softail Custom.

Or hows Jason Veitch at Westport last year. WON the open sport production race on an FXDX.

Before you start slagging peoples riding ability based on what they ride, have a think first. One day someone will "call you out" so you can put your money where your mouth is!
    “Call me out” Sounds vaguely

Wouldnae be the first time.

Yep, and there was a guy (Old was his name) uster win Moto-X on his XT500 (true – he rode to the meetings with a spare tyre over his shoulder). The thing was, how much faster would he have been on an YZ250?

Actually you could have a point - I can't possibly know a person's riding ability based on their choice of ride. What can be extrapolated is their mental state...

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrat
    I don't normaly get involved in this type of discussion but WTH.
    Iv'e owned two HDs and enjoyed them both.
    I had no reliability issues with either of em'.
    I didn't buy either with any thought to HP,Handling or any other consideration.
    Only that I liked them,that also holds true with every other bike Iv'e owned.
    The biggist and really noticable thing I became aware of when I bought my first one was how a lot of the jap riders I knew at the time showed an instant dislike that went way beyond brand loyalty or even common sence.
    As a matter of fact some of them became complete assholes while bitching about HD riders being snobs.
    I guess it rattles a few cages when all the HP,Handling,cost, type of arguments have no affect on somebody that simply likes something.
    A bit like motorcycles themselfs I think.
    Iv'e never tryed to explain bikes to a nonbeliver because it would be a waste of time,they never really get it,the same goes for HD.
    As far as anybody that knocks anothers choise of bike,what ever it is.
    POND SCUM.

"Pond Scum"!

As you said, it's funny how HD riders are "snobs" yet it's riders of other machines with the problems? What is wrong with you people?

People ride HD's 'cause they like them. Didn't ask you to like them!

Get a fucking life and enjoy riding what YOU like and not bitch about another persons ride!

Jim started this thread for some healthy debate (months ago I might add!), fully receptive to others views. A couple of insecure shit slingers decide to take the high ground and tell us HD's are crap and if you like them you're a wanker that can't ride.

Pants to that.

Thread Information