Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley Davidson

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    "Pond Scum"!

As you said, it's funny how HD riders are "snobs" yet it's riders of other machines with the problems? What is wrong with you people?

People ride HD's 'cause they like them. Didn't ask you to like them!

Get a fucking life and enjoy riding what YOU like and not bitch about another persons ride!

Jim started this thread for some healthy debate (months ago I might add!), fully receptive to others views. A couple of insecure shit slingers decide to take the high ground and tell us HD's are crap and if you like them you're a wanker that can't ride.

Pants to that.
    Hot damn, the fishin' is good today...

Hot outa the blocks and he has the nerve to call other people insecure....

....I'm very secure in my prejudices, you should have more faith in yours.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
    Hot damn, the fishin' is good today...

Hot outa the blocks and he has the nerve to call other people insecure....

....I'm very secure in my prejudices, you should have more faith in yours.
    That's just it. I get pissed off with prejudices full stop!

Espeacially when it comes to the bikes people ride, how's that make me insecure? I can't believe a motorcyclist would slag someone else, simply for their chosen bike is all.

your oppinion is just that, yours, and I wont begrudge you for it.

Everyone knows HDs for example don't go/stop/corner as well as alot of other manufacturers machines but I can't see why you'd judge someone simply for riding one.

You sure are good fun to play with though, well done for erking me. Many try, few acheive.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    niente
    You sure are good fun to play with though, well done for erking me. Many try, few acheive.
    WT, where the F**k is my V-Rod ?? I dropped off that bag of weed days ago !!
    Matt Thompson

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewt

It ain't gonna happen bro. That $50 he's talking about is vapourware.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Nice try!

The deal was a bag of weed and a shoe box full of "P"! A WCC rubbish bag full of the bong cabbage you puff aint even worth a sporty, my friend.

Bike
    That's just it. I get pissed off with prejudices full stop!

Espeacially when it comes to the bikes people ride, how's that make me insecure? I can't believe a motorcyclist would slag someone else, simply for their chosen bike is all.

your oppinion is just that, yours, and I wont begrudge you for it.

Everyone knows HDs for example don't go/stop/corner as well as alot of other manufacturers machines but I can't see why you'd judge someone simply for riding one.

Jaysus, man - you gotta learn to relax.

The reason for the anti-HD prejudice is two fold.
    1. Most bikers are performance oriented, and make the equation $ = performance. The are genuinely confused as to why someone would pay over the odds for a HD.
    2. The image. 50 year old Dentists in chaps and Johnny Rebs? Pleeehze...
    Did you see the "documentry" on the development of the V-Rod? They kept talking about and showing their Superbike! How many times did that thing actually qualify for an AMA race? Twice?
    Nothing annoys a chap with a Jap bike (or in my case Kraut bike), than to be asked by one of the great unwashed "...why doncha ride a Harley Mister?"

Shit, when we finished this'n lets start one on those Pasta-bike wankers...

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike

1. Most bikers are performance oriented, and make the equation $ = performance. The are genuinely confused as to why someone would pay over the odds for a HD.
    Did you see the "documentry" on the development of the V-Rod? They kept talking about and showing their Superbike! How many times did that thing actually qualify for an AMA race? Twice?
    Nothing annoys a chap with a Jap bike (or in my case Kraut bike), than to be asked by one of the great unwashed "...why doncha ride a Harley Mister?"

Agreed, I do need to relax. That bag of weed Matthew droped off has done nothing for me.

I dig a good debate as much as the next man, ask Jackrat! and I fully agree with the image orientated HD rider. I ride bikes because I like the ride, not really too fussed on how "bad" I look and I imagine you're much the same.

If you ever get a chance to ride a V-Rod, do so. They are an amazing machine, regardless of who built it.

Don't get me started on the "Spagetti Slurpers"!

Bike
    niente
    I was wondering when someone would bring that up.

Italian bikes tend not to get as many hassles because the performance benchmark is closer (if not the same in many cases) to the jap bikes and as you say a lot of riders look at $$$ vs performance.

But owning the MV is the same really is a HD. I mean why on earth would you want to pay that sort of money when you could get 2 equally as good honda's.

Simply because it comes down to personal choice. liking a mv/hd/bmw/honda/ktm is all down to what the rider likes and how much they are prepared to spend to get what they want.

A few years ago if I'd wanted the ulitimate sports bike I would of got a R1 or GSXR1000. Instead I blew nearly twice that and got the MV F4 mainly because I had spent the last 3 years lusting after a photo of one and I could afford it at the time. Common sense really had nothing to do with it.
    Matt Thompson

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike

Italian bikes tend not to get as many hassles because the performance benchmark is closer (if not the same in many cases) to the jap bikes and as you say a lot of riders look at $$$ vs performance.

But owning the MV is the same really is a HD. I mean why on earth would you want to pay that sort of money when you could get 2 equally as good honda's.

Simply because it comes down to personal choice. liking a mv/hd/bmw/honda/ktm is all down to what the rider likes and how much they are prepared to spend to get what they want.

A few years ago if I'd wanted the ulitimate sports bike I would of got a R1 or GSXR1000. Instead I blew nearly twice that and got the MV F4 mainly because I had spent the last 3 years lusting after a photo of one and I could afford it at the time. Common sense really had nothing to do with it.

Beautifully put.

Exactly the same reason I'd own a V-rod.

Well done that man!

Bike
    niente
    Don't get me started on the "Spagetti Slurpers"!
    Ha, next time you have the v-rod out we'll swap.

Q: Why do Harley owners have tassels on their handlebars and clothing?
    A: To be able to tell if they're moving or not !
    Matt Thompson

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Ha, next time you have the v-rod out we'll swap.

Q: Why do Harley owners have tassels on their handlebars and clothing?
    A: To be able to tell if they're moving or not !
    V-Rod's gone sorry mate. I sold it to the Prez of the Highway 61 the day after I got the shits with it trying to stay with Jimbo and Cycosis out Castle Point.

Man, that was some scarred undercarridge. Don't worry, there'll be others.

I'm keen as mustard to swap if you ever want to ride a flogged out Gixxer Six though. LOL

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    I'd actually like to ride a Hoggley Doggley, and after spending one day in the summertime cruising around Herne Bay area on my Firestorm, I think a cruiser would've been a better ride.
    I have ridden a couple of cruisers (VT1100 and VT750), and did consider buying one after a mate with a cruiser recommended I try them out, as it led to a much more relaxed style of ride (I was worried about my tendency to hoon, and the tickets that might result. BTW - I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1975, IIRC, and my lost traffic ticket was in 1977 for no mirror on my Elsinore after they changed the rules). Anyhow, I gave it a go, was open-minded about it, but I'm afraid the whole cruiser thang just doesn't do it for me, and that's what matters. But I'd still like to try a few Hoggleys. And a Buell or three. Hell - I'd like to have a ride on a bazillion different bikes, just for the experience of it.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike

Wheeee doggeeee!
    Two on one cast!
    And this'n one o' those Eyetalian Richbastid fish...

Nah, seriously - I got a picture of a F4 on my office wall, the one that's got "Motorcycle Art" in the rh corner. I almost bought a Husqvarna TE610 recently, and one of it's many charms was the fact that it had a plate on the steering head said "Built by MV Augusta". (I didnae buy it for two reasons - they sold out and an incredibly good deal on a KTM turned up).

Common sense has been absent in several of my bike purchases - the most recent being the BMW F650 Dakar. I just had to have it, against all the good advice I was given. It had, for the want of a better expression - wank factor. After this experience I can completely understand why some people just gotta have a particular bike...of course the reality of the situation set in quickly - as an adventure bike the Dakar was a pile of shit...

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Wheeee doggeeee!
    Two on one cast!
    And this'n one o' those Eyetalian Richbastid fish...

of course the reality of the situation set in quickly - as an adventure bike the Dakar was a pile of shit...
    Harley riders know it too

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..

harley Davidson

Hey, why doncha ride a Harley Mister
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information