Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwi Biker Trackday IV (November 5 2006)

Bike
    Honda PC800

Kiwi Biker Trackday IV (November 5 2006)

[CENTER]The Great KB Track Day IV
    SUNDAY 5th November 8.30-4.30
    Thank You All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks once again it was a bonzer day.
    Please could we thank a VERY special group of people without who it would have been a total disaster.
    DOOGAL--MY RIGHT HAND MAN
    MADDUCK AND KYLIE--MADE SIGHN ON AND LUNCH HAPPEN
    GIXXER4EVA AND TRUMPY --RECOVERY CREW EXTRORDINAIR
    TRASHY/DEATH/LOOSEBRUCE -GOT YA BIKES SCRUTINEERED
    AND AN EXTRODINARY GROUP OF MARSHALLS.

THESE PEOPLE SLAVED SO YOU FOLKS COULD HAVE A GOOD DAY
    TOP JOB GANG

ohh and for the record--fuck I had a great day--you lot rock
    Last edited by FROSTY; 7th November 2006 at 22:54.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    below will be the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it The responsibility is YOURS to make Sure your name is on the list

ENTRYS ARE CLOSED
    There will be NO entry on the day -only those who have paid deposits will be allowed on the track
    $120.00 per rider for one class so balance on the day-$70.00
    The price includes lunch.
    Lunch is a footlong subway sub

Please note prepayment ends on Payment is NON refundable -
    Please note there will NOT be a standby list -If you can't make it Ill see if I can help fill your place but the responsibility is yours
    THERE ARE SOME WHO HAVE PULLED OUT -BEST YOU CONTACT THEM FAST IF YA WANT A PLACE

Spectators Free
    ENTRY NOW CLOSED

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]A suggestion -if ya bank doesn't let ya do this then deposit a strange amount-eg100.03 and pm me the amount and date of deposit.
    please also Note-it takes 2 working days for money to show up -bloody banks
    1 Torque
    2 Bmwk1200
    3jahrasti
    4Keystone19
    5Morepower
    6gixxer4ever
    7texmo-
    8robertydog
    9 SELSone
    10CORGHI
    11 Weasel
    12 QKCHK
    13Boomer
    14 DrunkenMonky
    15Blackbuell
    16Clivoris
    17rocket rod
    18bert_is_evil
    19mikeyboy
    20MATTTLR
    21Pumba84
    22rvfer
    23Simon p
    24fence post jarrod
    25archer wc
    26Mental-Trou
    27 AJturbo
    28FATBOYFRASER
    29Squeak Taupo
    30Speights_bud
    31Mike Messiter
    32baz300kph
    33 Leong
    34Cleve Brown
    35SuperDave
    36MD
    37baz300kph CBR1100XX
    38croft
    39 AJS
    40MSTRS
    41HXC
    42 chocolate_ thunder
    43Tony.OK
    44M1CRO
    45mIKEYG
    46r Dreamer
    47 Ascott
    48 Velox
    49 dss3
    50 Manxkiwi
    51 Battman
    52slapnuts
    53BABY B
    54 Can 1
    55 can2
    56Toast
    57 bjme
    58 ONSTREET HAWK
    59 JSG
    60 shaun
    61 Ninjaboy
    62 ninjaboy 2
    63 white Trash
    64 C mullan
    65 Arven
    66 Jason Lamb
    67 SPADA
    68DEATH INC
    69 SLOB
    70 bhc
    71LaggCity
    72Dennis O
    73 nz_liam
    74Dennis O
    75Craig G
    76 fazersprog
    77 blackbird2
    78DUCKADDICT
    79WeeStromer
    80fatjim
    81TECHNIC
    82 NhuanH
    83Strat
    84 Qkkid
    85motobob
    86Rusty nsr 50.00 CR
    87Tim_F 50.00
    88Trev 50.
    89VasWarrior 50
    90pistolpete 50.00 CR
    91scott2ride 50.00 CR
    92Jerm25 50.00 CR
    93 NZLDTH
    94 Stig 50.00 CR
    95 Dover
    96multihull
    97 Deathstar
    98MCJIM
    99DaCosmo
    100 Pretorious
    101LOOSEBRUCE
    102BIOHAZARD
    103Kwakaman
    104 Willy TK3 Ham 50.00

ASSISTANTS
    Frosty
    Doogal
    Spank me---this needs explaination???????
    madduck (setup )
    Quazi (setup)
    Trumpy -sponsor
    meeky mouse

marshals
    Last edited by FROSTY; 1st November 2006 at 20:41.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY

I want one and all to have a bloody good time so there are some points that are NON negotiable.
    1) Bike setup/gear setup.

ALL BIKES and RIDERS going on the track will be scrutineered.
    In a nutshell the bike needs to be up tom WOF standard but below are some specifics that your bike MUST have

No sharp/edges/loose parts
    Tyres must be road legal for road tyres. (slicks to have visible dot marks)
    ball ends on all levers to be in place.
    .Mirrors removed or taped up.
    No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/
    GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine
    Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )
    Handle bar ends must have a solid end--NO open tube ends (PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)
    Brakes to work propperly FRONT and REAR.
    Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction) .

RIDING GEAR
    A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
    LEATHER gloves,
    bike boots,
    cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
    A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
    If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
    1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
    2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
    3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
    4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -the clock will be stopped on your session so ya aint gonna miss out on laps. ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
    To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
    5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
    6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
    7) a white flag at start finish point means one lap to go, I will have 3 Chequred flags waving and STATIONARY yellow flags at all other marshal points meaning end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding

8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
    9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
    8)dont look back whilst on the track
    9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
    Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
    10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
    11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
    12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
    13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill end of day.-by riders or spectators.
    14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
    15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event controls and they MUST wear a fluro vest (except during the braking session) --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
    18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
    19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
    20) First session ALL trackday newbees must wear a fluro vest. Again please be extra conciderate when passing them

Track day timetable
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7.30am --gates open /pits open.
    8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
    9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
    9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
    9.30 --Ambulance arrives
    9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding geear scrutineered on the line
    12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
    1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
    4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier.
    Last edited by FROSTY; 7th June 2006 at 09:16.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    FOOD MENU FOR TRACK DAY

when sighning in you need to choose your subway for lunch
    ALL ARE FOOTLONG SUBS
    . All Subs include:
    Cheese, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, gherkins, capsicums.
    The correct condiment will be placed on each sandwich.

NAME:1 Ham
    2 Turkey
    3 R/Beef
    4 Tuna
    5 Seafood
    6 Vege

Any spectators or riders wanting to buy extra subs can do so AFTER sighn on is completed .
    Last edited by FROSTY; 22nd May 2006 at 22:03.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
    They are in Tonga st
    Taupo
    Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
    The place is really nice .
    They have motel units, 2 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
    If you want a unit give them a call .
    Last edited by FROSTY; 22nd May 2006 at 22:07.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Changes from last track day.
    1) FLAGS--
    RED flag waved means SLOW to cruising pace--NO PASSING and procede to the pits -Please everyone ride on the outside edge of the track -everyone that was at TD3 knows how long that oil took to mop up
    DO NOT stop on the track
    This is VERY important The recovery vehicle or the amulance needs a clear track before we can go out also there may be debris on the track we need to get off
    YELLOW flag waving on a corner -slow no passing on that corner. It means possibly debris/oil or a rider has run off the track at that point
    Chequred flag waved at START point and 2 other points --end of session--also yellow flags held (not waved)displayed at all marshal points in case ya missed it. -this means get off the track
    Session stickers/flags --The flag/sticker colors for the groups will be
    red-slow
    yellow med/slow
    white.med/fast
    Green Fast.
    The session flag will be clearly displayed for the group on the track at the TRACK CONTROL point
    2 Minutes before session change a foghorn will be sounded and the flag for the next session will be displayed.

Because we have in some cases 2 riders per bike and some riders trying mates bikes out your speed group stickers will be stuck to the front of the HELMET of all riders who have sighned the indemnety form and had their bike examined.
    Last edited by FROSTY; 7th June 2006 at 09:10.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    full track full track full track full track

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    how 'slow' is the slow group gonna be travelling?
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    Honda PC800
    its not how fast the "group " is riding its how fast you will be riding.
    a pretty fast rider will take about 1 minute 40 seconds to do a lap. most are takeing 2 minutes.
    You ride at your own pace and enjoy 4 odd km of the best/safest windy roads you will find almost anywhere in NZ.

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    I'm really keen to sign up for the slow group but I'm concerned that I might be too slow and get in peoples way - do you think it could it be a problem? I've been riding for a few years but on my own so I don't have anything to measure my skills against so don't know if I'm a great rider or a terrible one!

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil
    I'm really keen to sign up for the slow group but I'm concerned that I might be too slow and get in peoples way - do you think it could it be a problem? I've been riding for a few years but on my own so I don't have anything to measure my skills against so don't know if I'm a great rider or a terrible one!
    dont worry bout it!
    Im sure you will be just fine

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    I was nervous before doing my first track day. Done 4 now, and loved each and every one of them. Rode the full track at Taupo a week ago and loved it. The faster riders were doing around 1.50, I was doing around 2.05, but there were some taking 2.20/2.30+ to do a lap.

The range of speeds is phenominal, but the track is quite large and so the bikes within each group get well spread around it. There will be others on 250's there, you definately wont be alone in that, maybe some that are smaller too. There will always be riders that are faster and riders that are slower, just ride at your own pace and enjoy!
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Thanks guys, think I will sign up then - looks like loads of fun! (and who can turn down a free foot long subway...)

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Hey Frosty,
    I'll be there for bike recovery if needed (hopefully not) as G4E has talked to you about.
    But for you guys wondering about being 'too slow' etc in a nutshell you won't be. The idea of the day is to ride at your own pace and get the most out of it. So even if your in the slow group other riders will be in it for the same reason and everyone will ride accordingly. Hope those who can afford it take advantage of the day .

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil
    I will be out on my 2 fiddy which I have owned for 2 weeks now I have about 8 weeks motorbike riding experiance if you count all the weeks up that I have owned bikes.
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Thread Information