Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what Do You want

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    It's a good idea to make the last rider a "sweep". Someone relatively experienced with a cell-phone, first aid kit, and tools to help manage any messes that may happen along the way. It means a potentially boring ride for someone, but could prove to be a life saver. You could rotate the duty around.

Before anyone makes any comments, shit happens and its better to plan for it than ignore the fact it ever happens.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Right on brotha

Bike
    2004 636

EVERYBODY

ok look and pay attention,

as i understand this group is so that people can go for a ride with people who share similar interests ie enjoy motorcycling. now you guys are fucking darren off by going... waa waa we want to go racing along the streets. waa waa i want to do 50kph along state highway 1. for fucks sake if you guys cant even stay in a group to enjoy your ride you are clearly not interested in riding in a group. the whole point of this is if you are less confident you can save yourself looking like a dick and riding around in circles and join other guys in a ride and if you are wanting to race i hear there are some tracks up aucks to hoon on. sorry to add yet another opinion but seriously this is out of hand.

comments please.

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

Re Jims idea

[QUOTE=Jim2]It's a good idea to make the last rider a "sweep". Someone relatively experienced with a cell-phone, first aid kit, and tools to help manage any messes that may happen along the way. It means a potentially boring ride for someone, but could prove to be a life saver. You could rotate the duty around.

Before anyone makes any comments, shit happens and its better to plan for it than ignore the fact it ever happens.[/QUOTE

Yep thats a good idea Jim, the group I ride with always have a substantial first aid kit, tools and water, however we normally ride at our own comfort levels(give or take a few kays)but wait for others at points along the way, and if need be double back to check.

Firefight
    "Kiwi Biker, still a great place despite the mods "

"Would crawl over broken glass before owning Suzuki"

The only reason I only ride in the Iron man Class is I have no friends left to enter the two man events,
    my own fault really.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay widda 150
    now you guys are fucking darren off by ...

...sorry to add yet another opinion but seriously this is out of hand.

comments please.
    Ummmmm...I thought the whole idea was to give Darren some ideas of what we want and to banter it about a bit.

Darren - did you guys not end up having a discussion a few weeks back? Just wondering why this is still an issue? Btw - I appreciate you efforts even though I haven't been along yet

Basically (once I can again!) I'd just like to go out riding with others who like ridng! I really don't mind if people go faster than me...well most will anyway. And as far as having meeting points goes, yup that's a good idea and as far as capping the speed goes...well, ok, maybe a not so good idea.

As long as we're all having fun and if ya not don't come.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy!
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    GSXR600K3 - Alstare
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay widda 150
    ok look and pay attention,

as i understand this group is so that people can go for a ride with people who share similar interests ie enjoy motorcycling. now you guys are fucking darren off by going... waa waa we want to go racing along the streets. waa waa i want to do 50kph along state highway 1. for fucks sake if you guys cant even stay in a group to enjoy your ride you are clearly not interested in riding in a group. the whole point of this is if you are less confident you can save yourself looking like a dick and riding around in circles and join other guys in a ride and if you are wanting to race i hear there are some tracks up aucks to hoon on. sorry to add yet another opinion but seriously this is out of hand.

comments please.
    It is not possible to stay it groups thats why it will jus b easier if ya start and groups will form and then meet at certain locations like i have been saying all along!
    Those who dont learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 2009 Yamaha FZ1-N
    Just a thought

Because of the successful prosecution of an "organiser" of an event that was held in Christchurch a number of "bike clubs" have started reading out a list of 'protocols' and 'responsibilities' that apply to everyone who takes part in their rides BEFORE they start riding off.

Now I am NOT suggesting that this occurs, but what I am saying that is that all riders should ride at a pace they are currently comfortable with. Over time your speed will increases and you end up knowing that one more ticket and I don't ride for three months.

Basic rules that I and a number of groups that I ride with have are simple and most are done without thinking about them. Before leaving agree on a meeting place where you will stop and chat, agree where the next stop will be to all regroup before continuing on. The 'tailend person' cleans up and everyone takes turns, even the "fastest" riders - its called team work and group togetherness (shit I could be a socialworker or a politician).

And always remember that the journey is the most important bit as the end of the journey is where you stop and chat and go over the trip.

Travelling 'at speed' can still be done within te rules above and the "me" attitude doesn't work in a group situation.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Any progress repoert?

Hey Darren,
    Ummm...has there been any decisions made as to what's ahppening with the 250 Club? Are we gonna meet up to have a discussion?

Cheers Cathy
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Thread Information