Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Berik/Arlen Ness Leathers

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with leathers sold under either of these brands? Construction quality in stitching, materials?

I think (but could be wrong) that they're made by the same people, with Arlen Ness perhaps being the higher end.

A mate of mine's heading to China soon, and offered to pick up a one-piece on my behalf. Apparently it will be about $1k NZ.

Also, is there any real benefit in buying one of these over one of the $600ish suits you can get in NZ?

Cheers,
    Phil.
    I reckon you could do worse than getting a quasimoto 1 peice custom race suit...I"ve got some $$$$$$$ alpinestar leathers and 2 bins later they priddy well rooted...there are guys out there with quasi gear that spend more time on their arse than on their bikes at the track...and the suits are still mint!!!
    PM white trash and go round and hav a look at some gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    600RR3
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    I reckon you could do worse than getting a quasimoto 1 peice custom race suit...I"ve got some $$$$$$$ alpinestar leathers and 2 bins later they priddy well rooted...there are guys out there with quasi gear that spend more time on their arse than on their bikes at the track...and the suits are still mint!!!
    PM white trash and go round and hav a look at some gear
    I started this thread a year ago, and as it happened, I did end up going for a Quasi suit. 2-piece though, 'cos that's all he had at the time.

I will say that my mate has got a Berik suit though, and it looks near bulletproof. Definitely worth a try if you can find 'em.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    I started this thread a year ago, and as it happened, I did end up going for a Quasi suit. 2-piece though, 'cos that's all he had at the time.

I will say that my mate has got a Berik suit though, and it looks near bulletproof. Definitely worth a try if you can find 'em.
    tis quite old when ya read the date eh!! lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Not Arlen Ness stuff. It's made in a factory near where he makes his bikes.
    I believe all the Arlen Ness stuff you can buy here is now made in China. Designed in the US perhaps, but very few manufacturers now DON'T take advantage of the cheap manufacturing costs (and no worries about environmental laws, unions etc.) in countries like the Philipines, China, Korea, etc.
    There's NOTHING on their website to indicate they make their apparel locally either.

So Arlen Ness are in Dublin, CA, huh? I drove past there a couple of weeks ago, and didn't even realise they were there. Perhaps if I'd known beforehand, I could've made a point of not calling in...

Would've like to have checked out West Coast Choppers though, but didn't have time.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by sub_low View Post
    Yes Berik Leathers are infact italian, you can check out the entire 07 range here

www.berik.it , www.arlenness.it
    Wow, both of those companies have gone a long way out of there way to make the shittiest most unuserfriendly websites known to man. Good one.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I've crash tested an Arlen Ness jacket, and it is indeed the bizzo. Landed on my elbow, no damage to the internal armour. Looks good now it has been repaired too. Zips together with my Spyke trousers.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    01 XR650R

Troll alert!

Well it's an old thread, but it's all i get when i google "Arlen Ness Suit too hot"

I've been riding for several years in a suit branded "Dragon Rider" which is Arlen Ness for the Japanese market, looks just like an Arlen Ness suit, but the arms are a little bit shorter. It's had about a dozen crashes on the road... finally i made a hole in the leather itself (yes the stitching survived them all) so i decided to replace it with an Arlen Ness Magnesium suit on eBay. The price was right so i parted with my hard stolen cash and it arrived by snail mail one afternoon just after i'd been for a ride.

So a test riding i went, this thing is a higher spec suit with Magnesium sliders and an "air mesh" lining, like a foam thing with holes in it, designed to create a pocket of air between you and the leather subsequently keeping you cooler. Bugger is the thing works in the opposite way i think, unless you get into licence losing warp speeds i seem to just cook inside it. Although the size is the same as my old one, the two linings are a differnt fastening design so i can't swap it out either.

Just my two cents, great suits, but just not so great when it's warm out

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    I believe all the Arlen Ness stuff you can buy here is now made in China. Designed in the US perhaps, but very few manufacturers now DON'T take advantage of the cheap manufacturing costs (and no worries about environmental laws, unions etc.) in countries like the Philipines, China, Korea, etc.
    There's NOTHING on their website to indicate they make their apparel locally either.
    Pretty close, they are actually designed and made by Madif Industries (as are Berik): http://www.comxport.com/paises/madif...rld-483397.php

Edit: More than likely actually manufactured in mainland China, even though the company is listed in Hong Kong as this is pretty common practice in that part of the world.

AND, not dissing Chinese manufactured product, the key there is quality control and that is largely up to the individual brands concerned as to how how much of a free reign they give the factories, better brands seem to have a tighter control on it. There's a huge range of stuff being made in China/Asia these days and some is fantastic quality whilst sadly some is still utter crap - buyer beware.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Crashed in my berik standard issue black and organgy/red leathers a few times. Still going hard with no holes or major issues.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    2008, Yamaha R15
    I've got an Arlen Ness jacket and after a couple of crashes its starting to get pretty battered. Definitely thinking about a Berik jacket, just not sure which one

Thread Information