Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gangs & Patches

Bike
    Prefer Buell but not a snob
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    Hmmm, I wonder how the various CMCs (Christian Motorcycle Club) handle it?
    I think you'll find that there are some things that even Biker Scum respect.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashWylde
    Question is why was he so aggressive?
    The patch that he wears is his way of publicly saying, "I'm a rapist, a theif and a burglar. I peddle drugs to your kids and I don't give a fuck who suffers as a result. I'm a violent thug and I earned this patch by beating the crap out of innocent people for no reason at all other than to impress other violent pricks like me".

Remember that when some fool tells you its just a club, not a gang.

Bike
    suzuki intruder vs1400 04
    Does anybody know what the attitude is toward monogram patches/chest patches from these gangs.When my wife and i bought our bike it was at the same time as friends of ours and we decided to have a small monogram patch done,just a bit of fun but it has a skull on it[no rockers],iv,e been thinking of late that maybe it was,nt such a good idea and am thinking of removing it.I have know problems with the triumph owners monogram that we wear on our jackets and vests as most of the bike gangs/clubs know what we,re about and there,s no hassel.

Bike
    Insecurity - that's why he was so aggressive. You ever seen gang members say "yeah sure I don't know who you are but come on in anyway"? Gang members like to believe that they live by a code that involves 'Utu', turf and loyalty. They don't - they're just a different form of animal. The reality is you were seen as a new unknown dog on the block. Dogs and gangs are hirachial (sp) and when they meet a new one it's be the boss or the bitch.
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter

Whattaya think of my patch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRODO-#118802-v1-Xmas_do_1930_Gangster_05_Darren_and_Kevin_C.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	24539 I certainly would didn't wear it out in Public

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    maybe he thought you could have been part of an independant group?

my old man is a member of the IRB, an ontario MC. he wears both top and bottom rockers, as do the rest of the boys...even the old ladies sometimes wear club shirts. the IRB was established in the 70s, formed by a bunch of guys who just liked to get together and ride as a group. the parties they used to hold, i was told, would have members from other clubs showing up [angels and a few others i cant remember, lol] last few years, theyve started being more involved with the angels, and i can see that about 90% of the members will be patching over, with the remainder throwing in their patches and quitting entirely....glenn will be one of those. when they first started, all they had to identify themselves was a small pin about 2-3cms long. only in recent years did they get patches. i would post a pic, but doubt thats allowed. glenn gave me one of thier pins, along with his leather vest. i wear them every so often.

the guys i met in those 6 months were some of the roughest looking guys around, but they were all perfect gentlemen. i know if id fallen down drunk with no top on, id be dragged into a tent to sleep it off. easy. the gang members here must be different. hells angels, i have top respect for. the others, i dont bother them, they dont bother me, lol.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    My old vest had a Rider For Christ patch on the back. 15 years of wearing it I haven't had any probs. Guess its because I dont claim a location or an MC. These days I just have a plain white cross on the back of my jacket. With the Ulysses its the rockers that are the problem so Ulysses Austraila have ordered their members not to wear one or be expelled from the club. Though NZ Ulysses todate have not made a similar requirement.

Might actually dig out the old vest for Parachute since the last time I wore it was at the old site.
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    The patch that he wears is his way of publicly saying, "I'm a rapist, a theif and a burglar. I peddle drugs to your kids and I don't give a fuck who suffers as a result. I'm a violent thug and I earned this patch by beating the crap out of innocent people for no reason at all other than to impress other violent pricks like me".
    Green bling
    I have respect for a stand-alone type not some bitch arsed wannabe following ordering from the "head" bitch. I don't know,maybe safety in numbers eh? And yes I have fronted my opinions to more than a few.
    By no means do am I "broad brushing" it either...a collective of like minded legit peeps are ka pai in my opinion.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashWylde
    Question is why was he so aggressive?
    Answer: Bad parenting.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FRODO-#118802-v1-Xmas_do_1930_Gangster_05_Darren_and_Kevin_C.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	24539 I certainly would didn't wear it out in Public
    Does that mean you drive a break-down truck (you know, Ka Toa) and why do you have a picture of Wlly E. Coyote from the Roadrunner cartoon on your back???
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Dumpys rusty nuts "£$$ing brilliant and I think he is still going
    Yes I wouldnt mind seeing them again , They were a good time ...
    Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    CB900
    Excuse my naivety, but are rockers the banner type things above/below the patch that usually say the name of the gang/group/whatever?
    This is not 'nam, this is bowling. There are rules.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by jahmin
    Excuse my naivety, but are rockers the banner type things above/below the patch that usually say the name of the gang/group/whatever?
    In this case? Yes

But then there's rockers on engines, riding on old Triumphs, etc etc
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Vulcan - God of Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge
    click here for an article onthe history of patches ( best i could find quickly)
    Thanks man, very helpful. Bling awarded.
    Destroy Everything! Destroy Everything! Destroy Everything! Obliterate what makes us weak!

Bike
    Vulcan - God of Fire
    Interesting posts made by some folks here. Thanks for responding. I've never really thought much about MC gangs as their activities don't interest me but after reflecting on this experience I can see why what I considered a seemingly innocent bit of fun was a major error in the wider scheme of things and why it was taken so seriously by that gang member. I was wearing what appeared to be a new and unknown/unsanctioned set of colours. I was (presumably) on his gangs turf, or at the very least presented a threat to his society, and by appearing at an event wearing such was making a very bold public statement.

They obviously have their own social ettiquete and rules governing their interactions with other gangs and the colours are evidently much more than a costume or identifying designation.

I don't think that I'll be wearing it out in public anymore except maybe to metal gigs, especially considering my location. It's not that important that I wanna risk getting assaulted over. For some reason I still find the idea of wearing a band logo on my vest over my bike jacket appealing so I may hunt down a GnR patch set or a Slash one. I dunno. It's all pretty stupid really considering the origins of patches anyway.
    Last edited by Waylander; 24th January 2006 at 22:04.
    Destroy Everything! Destroy Everything! Destroy Everything! Obliterate what makes us weak!

Thread Information