Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pgo pmx 50

Bike
    GSXR 450
    the majority of vespas are two-stroke, the lx150, et4, gt, gtie. Hmmm 4 four-stroke vespas. I still staby by what i said.
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    the majority of vespas are two-stroke, the lx150, et4, gt, gtie. Hmmm 4 four-stroke vespas. I still staby by what i said.
    So what you're saying is, the majority of Vespas are now 4-stroke....come on Googie don't go all traditionalist on me!

Talking of 2-strokes though, my Lammy is really starting to loosen up can't wait to get it on the dyno.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lobster View Post
    Only a homo puts an engine back together WITHOUT making it go faster.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterD
    So what you're saying is, the majority of Vespas are now 4-stroke....come on Googie don't go all traditionalist on me!

Talking of 2-strokes though, my Lammy is really starting to loosen up can't wait to get it on the dyno.....
    No the majority are still two-stroke. wont be for long though, stupid bloody goverments two-stroke aint that bad for the environment, yet hummers which with your foot down do between 0 and 1 mile per gallon.
    Skandy had his bike on the dyno yesterday morning, have you run your in yet? how many kms you done?
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    No idea how many kms I've done, the speedo's not the most reliable thing and has only had a cable at all for a few weeks!

Where is this place that the racer boys go for dynoing, is it the jetski / quad place in Glenfield?

Bike
    Honda VTZ250

PMX-50 speed

My PMX doesnt do 80 kmph... not even down a hill with the throttle cranked right open. I've seen 70kmph indicated on the speedo down a hill.

It seems to max out at about 65kmph on the flat, and definitely doesnt feel like its got the power it should have. Its done less than 1500kms, idles solidly and runs very smooth - and doesnt smoke at all, so i'm thinking there is definitely something restricting it somewhere.

I removed the exhaust to look for a restrictor washer but couldnt see one, i'm thinking there might be a variator restriction and theres a small black plastic spacer between the carb and the intake manifold which might be a restrictor, except i cant reach one of the bolts to get the damn thing off to check.

I've found a few expansion chambers online that should do the trick but theyre damn expensive. Ah well, i owe myself a late christmas present anyway

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Quote Originally Posted by IkeKrull
    My PMX doesnt do 80 kmph... not even down a hill with the throttle cranked right open. I've seen 70kmph indicated on the speedo down a hill.

It seems to max out at about 65kmph on the flat, and definitely doesnt feel like its got the power it should have. Its done less than 1500kms, idles solidly and runs very smooth - and doesnt smoke at all, so i'm thinking there is definitely something restricting it somewhere.

I removed the exhaust to look for a restrictor washer but couldnt see one, i'm thinking there might be a variator restriction and theres a small black plastic spacer between the carb and the intake manifold which might be a restrictor, except i cant reach one of the bolts to get the damn thing off to check.

I've found a few expansion chambers online that should do the trick but theyre damn expensive. Ah well, i owe myself a late christmas present anyway
    Ring the place you got it from they will know how to de-restrict it, just ask will save a lot of your time

No idea how many kms I've done, the speedo's not the most reliable thing and has only had a cable at all for a few weeks!

Where is this place that the racer boys go for dynoing, is it the jetski / quad place in Glenfield?
    two stroke power sports the guys name is lincon, its over the shore. sorry lost the number but its in the phone book.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Ike, try calling at Motorad.

They sold me mine, and I'm sure they were the folks who derestricted it. They should be able to tell you whether there are any more restrictions.

Bike
    Honda VTZ250

re: bungbung

Thanks, i'll do that.

Bike
    '69 Lambretta & SR400
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    two stroke power sports the guys name is lincon, its over the shore. sorry lost the number but its in the phone book.
    Race and Recreation Powersports? That's the place I was thinking of in Glenfield.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    also, check the carb.

My scooter had a plastic insert in the carb to stop you from getting full throttle. I removed that, and although i can only get 65 Kph, it gets there really really quick for a scooter

- RG100!!

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    firstly yank the exhaust off and check for a restrictor..... have a look down the pipe for a plate and look in the head for a plate or something a quick job to do no harm in checking it to make sure

Bike
    Honda VTZ250

Progress...

Well, yesterday I had the extra 'goes nowhere' pipe that was fitted to the stock exhaust cut off and the hole welded, and now she accelerates a whole lot better. Goes 5-10kmph faster up hills too, which is good.

On monday i should hopefully be getting the guys from Motorad to open the variator and remove any restrictor ring that is in there. I also got some light and some heavy rollers so i'll be experimenting with those as well.

There is a black plastic insert between carb and manifold which may be a restrictor as well, but getting the carb off seems difficult due to the location of the nuts.. i'll let the Motorad guys take care of that too i think.

I've found a tecnigas expansion-chamber exhaust that i can hopefully get shipped from the UK, or potentially from a dealer in australia which might save me some money.

Thanks for your help and suggestions,

Pete

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IkeKrull
    There is a black plastic insert between carb and manifold which may be a restrictor as well, but getting the carb off seems difficult
    Pete

thats most likely just you gasket but yes it could have a smaller hole in it to restrict it

i wish i knew how to make my mates 91 honda pal go faster it does 45 on flats. but can't see any kind of exhaust restrictor anybody have any tricks for them?

like factory retristions...

he doesnt want to put a chamber on it etc just wants to get it going a little bit batter....anything to check on guys?

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Race and Recreation Powersports? That's the place I was thinking of in Glenfield.
    Yer thats them I found their number but you have the name of the place so I assume that you got their number? any who the guy your after is lincon 444-8101
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    Quote Originally Posted by IkeKrull View Post
    4 stroke =simple to turbocharge

2 stroke = bloody difficult (and probably impossible at 50cc) to do efficiently

Got any better ideas?
    A list of Vespas available in the Philippines:

2 Stroke: PX150.

4 Stroke: GTS 300ie, 946, Sprint, Primavera.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Thread Information