Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: some wheelie tips pls..?

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    man. i doubt you'll be able to cover the brake. leave that for when your doing no hand wheelies on the balance point with your bike idling at 5000rpm.

to much to think about. just sit back an let rip. an if you been eating baked beans you should take off.
    sorted

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    So would rolling off the throttle would it not?

MX style people play with brakes in the air to control how they will land, ie lift the front or the back while in the air, damn rotational inertia and its trickyness
    If you're past the balance point I think you still go over. That's how it works on a bicycle though and they don't have engine breaking

In the air the throttle lifts the front and rear brake pulls the front down

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    If you're past the balance point I think you still go over
    nah, not quite

this is how 'covering the rear' saves you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Thats pretty impressive eh!. I saw a salesman - Daryl Story - from Red Baron (was called Crosbies at the time) do that down Great North Rd on a ZZR1100. Went passed balance point at speed hit the rear brake which brought it back under control and kept the thing going. Awesome!.

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuice
    nah, not quite

this is how 'covering the rear' saves you
    I'm saying if you rely on the engine to bring you down, it won't save you past the balance point. Is that the case? Not the sort of thing I want to figure out for myself

Bike
    ooh fuck, that made my ringpiece pucker just watching it.

Bike
    I'm saying if you rely on the engine to bring you down, it won't save you past the balance point. Is that the case? Not the sort of thing I want to figure out for myself
    don't know to be truthful. Most modern bikes are pretty quick to shut the engine down when you roll off the throttle, so that's been fine for me so far. I don't know if this would work past that point. Older bikes (mainly the uninjected) aren't as harsh off the gas, so it doesn't work as well.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishslayer
    Thats pretty impressive eh!. I saw a salesman - Daryl Story - from Red Baron (was called Crosbies at the time) do that down Great North Rd on a ZZR1100. Went passed balance point at speed hit the rear brake which brought it back under control and kept the thing going. Awesome!.
    Ha small world! Daryl sold me a 92 GSXR750 some years back and took me on the back for a test ride (can't remember why i pillioned??) and he did a power stand with me on the back down Great North Rd...i was most surprised/impressed! I think he used to race bikes at Puke too, any idea wot he's up to now FS?

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Hey Zed, yeah I ended up working with Daryl at Crosbies for a while, he used to race a RF600 in F2 and also a FZR1000 in F1 in 1995 and 1996, he was farken fast! used to clean up on a regular basis. He moved to Australia late in 1997 to sell bikes as I think his brother owned a bike shop over there. He was a bloody good guy to work with, was a bit of a loss when he left.

Bike
    keyboard jockey
    ngine braking works just finbe on mine.
    i got some target fixation last week while overtaking cars on one wheel an drifted into ones path an just shut it down. dont no what you fukers on about usin rear brake...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bike
    Thinking
    DiDnt that MIKEY guy say see ya later a few months ago, mikey your like headlice in the playground, everyone treats there heads to get rid of you and now youre back infesting our heads again
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    This is what keeps going thru my head when the bike jumps up fast (altho I have gear on)

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Ouch!. Hmm maybe you shouldn't have shown us that?

Bike
    hey, if it haunts me, it'll haunt you.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    I'm saying if you rely on the engine to bring you down, it won't save you past the balance point. Is that the case?
    it would dependeing on how fast you were going over, you have to use the brake on the bike as that is your only input to the system that will save it, shutting the throttle does the same thing as the rear brake on most bikes (2 smokes prob not very well) in that it slows down the rear wheel.

Thread Information