Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who dont wear protective gear -

Bike
    05 CBR 600RR

For those who dont wear protective gear -

Found this thread on my travels around the internet -

http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthre...0&pagenumber=1

One hell of a touching / crazy story. Really opens your eyes up to some crazy stuff that we put on the line everytime we jump on the bike.

Have a read through the thread, the original poster 'Eric' posts a few times with updates, well worth a read.

Stay safe!

Bike
    1999 Suzuki SV650S
    As if the high number of local crashes in the last few weeks weren't disturbing enough...

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Fucking Hell, if i was that guy i would want to be dead.... Makes me glad i wear nothing less than FULL protection, for those who don't wear gear (i know this is goin to piss some people off) but take a page out of this guys book and buy full gear....

Whats your life worth???? Saving the dollars and losing your life or spending $1500-$2000 and saving your life???

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Hell. Hundred bucks or so on a decent pair of armoured gloves and all his 'mangled hand' worries would never have existed.

Fool.

And yes, he *is* lucky. At least he was wearing a helmet; it sounds like he completely escaped any head or spinal injuries. I'd rather have mangled hands than be fed mince from a spoon while I drool on my bib and stare vacantly at Coronation Street reruns from my wheelchair for the rest of a short, unhappy and cognitively impaired life.

We're all gonna fall off at some point, just manage the risk and wear the gear, folks.

Bike
    Ducati 400ss
    This is sad and emotional. He got a prayer from me at least.

Bike
    gone
    No gear and yet he has crashed a few times before... on his way back to put on his leathers? So so cruel.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Darwin will not be denied.
    Lou

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Hell. Hundred bucks or so on a decent pair of armoured gloves and all his 'mangled hand' worries would never have existed.

Fool.

And yes, he *is* lucky. At least he was wearing a helmet; it sounds like he completely escaped any head or spinal injuries. I'd rather have mangled hands than be fed mince from a spoon while I drool on my bib and stare vacantly at Coronation Street reruns from my wheelchair for the rest of a short, unhappy and cognitively impaired life.

We're all gonna fall off at some point, just manage the risk and wear the gear, folks.
    I feel for the guy,But not wearing gloves,hell were does that come from.
    When I had my big get off both my gloves were turned inside out up to the base of the fingers.I had quite I bit of light damage to the top of my hands but what ever turned the gloves inside out would of done a hell of a lot more damage if not for the gloves being there to take most of the damage.
    Sounds like this guy wears leathers for comfort not protection,his statment about understanding why some guys don,t want to wear helmets is bloody stupid,in my case my helmet saved my life and even the last fifteen years of living on pain killers,puting up with a failed operation ect, ect, is better than being dead.Yeah I feel for the Guy but I think Lou said it all.

Bike
    GSXR600K3 - Alstare
    Mate that would suck and hurt. Im amazed he didnt die from blood lose or something like that
    Those who dont learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrat
    I feel for the guy,But not wearing gloves,hell were does that come from.
    In the cage on Friday morning with wife and rugrats, stuck at Melling Bridge lights going north, we saw a guy dressed in blue overalls with a tatty helmet, workboots, and no gloves, riding a GS500 (I think), turn left going south to go over the Melling bridge.

As he started to go over the bridge he clutched up a huge wheelie, and mono'd over the Melling bridge.

My wife turns to me and says "I suppose you think that's cool do you?"

I did the right thing of course and told her how stupid he was to not have protective gear on...
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    Being a "veteran biker",i.e. old fart I wear as little protective gear as possible,reason being I dont like feeling like a trussed chicken.I wear helmet gloves, and as little as possible else.I`ve been riding for nearly 30 years in this country`s manic traffic conditions,25000 k`s equiv road use per year and I aint going to change now.I dont F**k about and regularly hit 270+KPH,unless you`re into bondage why bother with all that crap?

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Apparently one of the worst injuries to experience is a busted knuckle - apparent no pleasant at all!

Bike
    None any more
    This all makes my bee sting on the neck today look a bit tame by comparison... (It REALLY hurt though...)
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 2009 Yamaha FZ1-N
    Really affected me when playing spacies, now we have mice.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Although its a very sad story its good to hear stories like this because everyone needs a reminder now and again about how fragile human beings are.

I sometimes think that drivers who have caused accidents would be better punished by having to attend serious and fatal accidents and see the aftermath in the mortuary. They should see the open chest wounds caused by steering columns, feel the broken ends of bone rubbing together as they remove the clothing and personal effects from the dead ones, see the chared remains from a fatal car fire and wonder if what they are looking at was actually once human, scoop up the brains off the side walk that flew 20 feet from the accident scene and then go and face the families of the ones they killed. That would be more like justice in my book.

Apologies for the rant!

Thread Information