Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bike maintenance

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    I had an example of this - on Monday my bike decided to become a 500cc single once the rear pot lost its spark - nice at 11pm at night in the middle of nowhere.

Next day - off came the fairing, tank, airbox, wiring loom etc....well buggered if we could find the problem.  Quick call to Coast to Coast, $60 later and the bike was with Ramon at Haldanes (again - no comments, personal preference!)......

2.5 hours and resistence testing of everything on the bike, found that the bike had doen a typical v-twin thing - and shook a wire loose!! Nice.....

Moral:  I could have looked at the bike for 3 days and not found it, or seen it first look......however the mechanic had all the tools etc to do the job properly.......plus he fixed my cock up in putting the hoses back on the tank wrong (I would have found out - HONEST)

It comes down to the expert having the ability to chuck the bike on a workstation, with no shit around them, having all the tools, calling on previous experience etc.....most of us could fix our bikes, but is it efficient to do so?

Bike
    Not many, if any
    what kinda noise are we talking about? is it that bad?

i hate local car mechanics that look @ ur bike and want ur money so say bullshit.  i say take it to someone good first and see what they think, then again, i say dont fix it, haha i never fix anything, just ride it harder and things go away.. haha nah.

hmm, hard dec.  btw i havent looked hardout, but i got VT250 Tank, and Instruments so far, and foorpeg frame part. the tank is silver, and mint i think.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    well only in the last two days but it has started "clicking" quite loudly today. Even over the new exhaust. Hmmm as to wkid_one i totally agree to send it to the experts.But when they tell you that it will cost a couple of grand to fix which is more than what the bike is worth then the only thing for it is the steep learning curve of fixing it yourself. I just need to do something having the engine sieze on me isn't a vey nice thought. Do you guys know about top-end problems that i what the mechanic thought it was. And lucky for me those good old '88 bikes are really really really straight forward - engine , carb , electronics simple as pie

Bike
    Not many, if any
    hmm, could be camchain? i dunno :/

ask the other guy.

Thread Information