Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timing Retard Eliminator for the GSXR

Bike
    98tls&rs250
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer
    No rush mate, hes got 6months to fit it

(couldn't resist sorry Rick )

Ps, 2Much.. why the **** do u need more power? has someone bypassed your circuits too?? such short mammories some of us have

I don't need more power, already got plenty really....... but hey, is there any such thing as too much power???

And it would be nice to do power wheelies in 3rd at 180k's rather than having to clutch it up..... does your Honda do that?
    It's just one of those days, where you don't wanna wake up,
    everything is fucked, everybody sucks,
    You don't really know why but you wanna justify ripping someone's head off

Bike
    nun
    Quote Originally Posted by 2much
    does your Honda do that?
    No, but then again she don't go down the road on her side that often either i'm only jealous bro; one day when i grow some balls i'll get litre

Heheh and Rick, Don't make me put my key to good effect.. they're fukin expensive to replace being chipped and all.

:slap:

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Does your unit take the Speed limiter out 2Much ? shit mine does power stand in all the gears ?

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer

Heheh and Rick, Don't make me put my key to good effect.. they're fukin expensive to replace being chipped and all.
    The only way for you to put that key to any use is to lock your bike and go in a cage :P
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    98tls&rs250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    Does your unit take the Speed limiter out 2Much ? shit mine does power stand in all the gears ?
    Yep, because it fools the cpu into thinking it's in 5th and the limiter is designed to work in 6th gear. Only relevent for the Thou as the 750 and 600 aren't limited. The TRE is also switched so that you can turn it on or off.

Bike
    98tls&rs250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornholio
    The only way for you to put that key to any use is to lock your bike and go in a cage :P
    Or give it to the Suzuki Dealer when you trade it in on a GSXR

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Did the TRE mod on my bike the other night (thanks WINJA) and noticed straight away a lot more respomse (read power) in first, wheelies are just toooo easy now, improved mid-range in 2nd & 3rd (not a bike jump tho) and slightly less engine braking. Well worth it.

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by 2much
    Suzuki have fool proofed the GSXR's by retarding the timing in 1st, 2nd & 3rd to make it harder to loop. .
    The reason the timing is retarded (and it's only in 2nd and 3rd) is to quieten the bike for noise emission test.These are done in these gears.
    All you need to do is disconnect the 2nd and 3rd gear position wires from the gear position sensor switch on the gearbox.Leaving the neutral and top gear (if there is one ) wires connected.
    That is all the $100 plus eliminators do.

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Can you do this to other makes of bikes? Honda maybe? CBR1000RR maybe?

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie
    The reason the timing is retarded (and it's only in 2nd and 3rd) is to quieten the bike for noise emission test.These are done in these gears.
    All you need to do is disconnect the 2nd and 3rd gear position wires from the gear position sensor switch on the gearbox.Leaving the neutral and top gear (if there is one ) wires connected.

OK, that's completely different from anything I've heard or read before. Where did you get your info Pixie?

Bike
    98tls&rs250
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie
    Noise emission? Hmmmm, I don't think so. Or do you mean Exhaust emissions? As I believe this is another reason they do it.

And no, that's not quite correct. The GPS changes the resistance that the CPU sees according to whatever gear you are in. A TRE continuously shows the cpu the resistance for 5th gear (therefore eliminating the speed limiter in 6th as well).

By simply disconnecting the wires the cpu will see an open circiut and think it's in neutral. I'm not sure if this has any adverse effects but I'd rather stick with the tried and proven TRE.

As for it being only 2nd & 3rd, I've heard differing opinions )some believe it's 1st thru 4th), but the majority seem to agree that it's 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Have you actually done this mod yourself???

Bike
    98tls&rs250
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishslayer
    Can you do this to other makes of bikes? Honda maybe? CBR1000RR maybe?
    Nah mate, from what I can find they are only needed on fuel injected GSXR's and ZX10R's.

Guess the honda's don't make enough power to need the timing retarded

Bike
    I personally wouldn't and did not bother with Ivan's TRE - too expensive for what it is.

Check out http://www.jsdproducts.com/Product_I...duct_info.html for all the information especially you Pixie

The best and cheapest mod I ever did.
    It is what it is

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    i bought a jsd3a TRE for my TLS,the a is for automatic so no switch needed.suzuki retards the ignition in gears 1-4,the noise and emmisson theroy i have never heard before.as far as power gains i sort of stuffed up as i bought a yoshimura fuel injection adjuster from the states and the same day i installed TRE i zapped the ecu with that so as impressive as the results were i cant be sure if it was the TRE or adjusting the ecu.the TRE on a TLS anyway tells the ecu that the bike is in 6th gear,as a side note the single best bang for buck mod would have to be a 1/5th throttle insert at us $20.as far as cutting wires i think its better to buy a model specific one as its simply plug in and go,not expensive at $45 us.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    This mod works on all injected zookies, personally done my gixx750, a TLr and a TLs, all worked great with noticeable improvements.Do it to yer Busa to get rid of that annoying 300k limiter.
    I dunno 'bout the later thous, but the earlier one's (at least 750's and tl's) have 3 wires in the loom,the two for the gears and a seperate earth switch wire for neutral.....
    It's the easiest mod ever, forget the switch (you'll never turn it off) find the wires from the box (black/white, blue and pink ) cut the black/white and pink( the blue is the neutral wire) and put a 6.8k (I think,can't quite remember....I do know on anything without a speed limiter a 15k makes it think it's in 6th and works just fine) resistor between them on the ecu side of your cuts and yer done.Leave the gearbox side disconnected and maybe put some tape on the bare bits of wire.....easy.
    If you got a thou you may wanna check if they changed the colours.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Thread Information