Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: WORST bike shops

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 750Y
    LOL, in that case can I sell You any dope? (j/k)

PM me with a price list and I like your style
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    farmquad
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    PM me with a price list and I like your style
    you will be getting a discount, got any harleys?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Only a couple of poxy old Iron heads we can't sell to any real people.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Monkey
    By R&R Sport you mean Coleman's Suzuki? - R&R is an unrelated business. Don't want to give any out-of-towners the wrong idea...

"Big Dig dog was right, this bike dealer is shite. They don't even have any bikes, just wetsuits and other leisure activity gear..."

Yes. I assumed it was the same business given the walk though.

I have to say though R&R in that part is very service oriented. Perhaps colemans should tkae some pages out of their training manual.

Thanks DM.

In three visits (each time I was desperate to buy something) they have yet to see the colour of my money. I call it protesting with my money. I will pay more (within reason) for quality service / advice, You get what you pay for.

Bike
    Motor Cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    In three visits (each time I was desperate to buy something) they have yet to see the colour of my money. I call it protesting with my money. I will pay more (within reason) for quality service / advice, You get what you pay for.
    I agree. I will pay extra for good service. I'm also what you would call a 'loyal' customer - I will stay somewhere until dissatisfied, rather than spend my time shopping for a bargain.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    What utter shit! I can not believe someone would actually put enough stock into such a statement as to post it on a public forum!

Dope growers are amongst the most stupid, lying arseholes on the plannet. Anybody who actually believes it ranks right along side them.

And this from a fellow Gixxer rider. I'm stunned!
    When I used to sell cars a group of guys came in to the yard with a crusty old tredia (loaded up with black sacks) to trade. he spent a couple of hours test driving negotiated a cash deal left came back later that day minus two guys the black sacks and carrying a breifcase with 36,000 in cash for two cars.

Given that they were from kaitia, I'm pretty sure what happened.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Monkey
    I agree. I will pay extra for good service. I'm also what you would call a 'loyal' customer - I will stay somewhere until dissatisfied, rather than spend my time shopping for a bargain.
    Yup, the way I see it my company pays me close on $20 an hour why should I value my time at any less.

Bike
    900ss
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWTKC
    Motorcycle City - Lower Hutt: Ok just a note for people dealing with them or planning to deal with them. Theres a guy there who doesnt really have "service" listed in his vocab, but thats ok if you can by-pass him (he's not bad, just not quite engaging enough).
    If you can deal with Graham (or the owner, didnt get his name), you will get top notch service. The lady and I were browsing for our first bike (pick it up this saturday! SQUEEEE!)
    These guys (motorcycle shitty) in my experience will fuck you royally (without lube even) if you don't know much about bikes. I have a few amusing stories from there. Now I just go in to see how much bullshit they try to feed people before they realise you are on to them. I am honestly AMAZED that you didn't get ripped off or treated badly. Even their mechanic is an ass. Don't even get me started on them...

Sawyers seem to have their good and bad days (there is one guy there who is a complete wanker unless you are holding a cheque book in your hand - the rest of them are good guys though).

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    These guys (motorcycle shitty) in my experience will fuck you royally (without lube even) if you don't know much about bikes.
    I got my fizzer from them. Can't complain about the deal financially - I paid $5000 and got the bike, 2 new tyres (IRC SP11 front & Sportmax 205 rear - not great but ok for commuting), Spool Jacket and Dririder pants, Cyber Helmet and ORC's.

However the state of the bike was not good. Oil filter looked at least 20,000ks old, plugs were black as coal, air filter was clogged to shit, oil when drained was black as, battery fluid was low, front brakes were clogged up with jelly-like shit and had to be completely stripped and rebuilt (including calipers), and brake pads were worn down to nearly unusable. Oh, and the steering head bearing had abbsolutely no grease and at all.

All things that could be fixed reasonably easily but crikey, they said they'd given it a service when I got it.

Needless to say, I do all my own servicing on my bike. And from some of the stories I hear from you guys, it shall remain that way.

I reckon the bike shop will only see me to put a new tyre on the bike or to do my lifters (20 of the suckers!). Tho I'm not too sure on the lifters - may give that a go myself...
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and I nearly forgot. The bike was tuned terribly. It would only start with 1/2 choke, and would only idle on 1/4 choke. Died completely if you took off the choke. Got 180kms before going on to reserve.

Carbs were filthy. After a full clean of the carbs, and rebalance and idle set it now doesn't use the choke, and I get 300 kms before going on to reserve.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    farmquad
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    I'm not too sure on the lifters - may give that a go myself...
    yeah go hard, they're pretty easy just a little fiddly, will take you about 5 hours the first time, but half of that time is getting in & out again.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    These guys (motorcycle shitty) in my experience will fuck you royally (without lube even) if you don't know much about bikes. I have a few amusing stories from there. Now I just go in to see how much bullshit they try to feed people before they realise you are on to them. I am honestly AMAZED that you didn't get ripped off or treated badly. Even their mechanic is an ass. Don't even get me started on them...

Sawyers seem to have their good and bad days (there is one guy there who is a complete wanker unless you are holding a cheque book in your hand - the rest of them are good guys though).
    100% agree with this. They have a 'lifetime' gtee for their bikes - which you pay 50:50 if something goes wrong. They can do this as they charge 200% more than most other bike shops and still get it wround

Bike
    None any more
    Mrs H and I got our 250s from Motorcycle City. Took over 6 months to get the registration changed over -- I rode an unregistered bike for a month as a result. Mrs H's 250 was sold with badly perished rubber and a stuffed chain. Their clothing and accessories are more expensive than other shops around too. Be very wary...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    big red one, rgv's, kdx's
    I apologise for making the statement, it wasnt based on facts but what I had been told over a decade ago by guys who were in a shady business but hadnt proven to be liars, but even dopers must be subject to urban myth.
    At the time I had never been to wellington and it was one thing that I had heard about wellington that stuck in my head whether it was a myth or not.

I dont try to be PC on this thing, im not PC in real life and pretty much say whatever I want to or what comes. Its a forum, about sharing ideas and opinions and experiences. This would be part of the reason I am in the unreputable top 5. I upset a few people, mainly Harley riders but they often can use the excitement.

I do have to complement one of the WMC sales guys, he was a younger guy who at was amazingly honest about bikes he was selling and was extremely helpful, unlike the first guy he took notice to what I was after rather than trying to sell me what I had mentioned 4 times I didnt like and wasnt interested in.

It was irresponisble of me to repeat something in heresay, I hadnt thought much about it before posting it, and for that I am sorry as I dont post things that I cant %100 back up or have experienced myself as a habit.

Bike
    GL1800

Thumbs up 'on ya Mate!

[ no way I'm spending $32k at THAT shop.

- Good call Mate -- thats SWEET justice; some Dickheads forget that us (formally) young bikers grow up, as do our disposalable incomes but memories of crap service and dishonesty stick around!!

Tasty wheels too - I LOVE those Brutales, but am content with the 1150R, esp. price wise! (NO choice!)

Shafty

Thread Information