Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 200 + o.k who was it !!

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
    Well, that’s not something I do everyday…I was running late for my class and the road was totally empty (beside the fricken HOLDEN!!)…

lol...mean
    Shawn
    Tell ya what, after they've had a few spark plug dents, you don't seem to see them any more. I swear, I must live on the quietest street in Wgtn.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    99 cr125
    Now this is where i get confused, how the F$%K can anybody say the road was totaly empty? how the hell do u know that a little 5 year kid isnt crossing the street around the next bend.... it's the most retarted thing i hear people say!

Bike
    None right now

Angry

I'm sorry, but only a complete twat does 120 in a 50. IT'S A 50 LIMIT FOR A REASON, MORON! So the road was empty. So in that you are saying that there were no parked cars, no schools, no pedestrians and you had full knowledge of your entire surrounds (apart from the brightly painted 15 foot long lump of mild steel wearing a holden badge!) If you want to ride like that, go on a track day.

I make no appology for my abusive reply.
    There is no try. Do, or do not do.

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
    I agree…but I was doing 120 on Ash St (50k Zone), Avondale and all of a sudden this Holden shows up behind me. But all he said to me was “slow the fuck down , u don’t wanna get locked up!!”…may be coz he didn’t catch me on his gun!!...i dunno…then aging he could catch me on his gun if he wanted too.
    Two things about this surprise me: 1. You are blindly stupid and socially irresponsible enuf to do a 'self-acclaimed' 120 in a 50 zone. 2. The cop didn't just estimate your speed and take you to court.

Either that - or this is just pissing in the wind. I am guessing the pissing in the wind myself as no cop will let you off for that speed in a 50 zone - ever.....and so they shouldn't.

I myself have been hit by a speeding car when I was 7, outside a school at 3pm and had a nice stay in hospital as a result - needless to say fuckwits like you with your casual attitude to ressie speeding piss me off no end

My thoughts anyway.

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Have any of you seen that new speed advert on telly?

One car is going 60 (I think, may have even been 50) and the other is doing 5kms/hr more and it compares the damage when they both plow into a truck. Neither of them stopped in time to not get damage to their cars but the 5kms/hr faster one was f*cked.

I thought it was quite effective.

Last edited by Ms Piggy; 5th April 2004 at 17:50. Reason: typos
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Sea_lily
    Have any of you seen that new speed advert on telly?

One car is going 60 (I think, may have even been 50) and the other is doing 5kms/hr more and it compares the damage when they both plow into a truck. Neither of them stopped in time to not get damage to their cars but the 5kms/hr faster one was f*cked.

I thought it was quite effective.

That. Is a fucken good ad!
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    None right now
    The add was good lilly, but I prefer the one they have in the UK.

They play the sound of a crash through an osiliscope-type-thing. then they break the wave-form down in to its components and analyse it;

"this sound is your legs breaking on the underside of the dashboard"
    "these sounds are your ribs breaking on the steering wheel" etc etc

Graphic without being grotesque(spelling). strangely compelling viewing.

Fazer Bloke.
    There is no try. Do, or do not do.

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Definately stick to the speed limit or very closely to it (i e nothing over 65) in residential areas.... if i was on the open road doin 170 kmh and killed myself ...... well that my fault and i paid the consequence....

If i was doing 70+ in a 50 area and killed someone.. i think i would kill myself because i couldnt live with it knowledge.... i take large personal risks etc, but only wen it will affect only me....
    and another reason im getting into racing.... much more likely not to hurt anyone other than myself and do it legally......

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    In todays Herald .... :sly:

A motorcyclist was clocked at 202km/h fleeing a pursuing police patrol yesterday before being caught at the end of a no-exit road.

Nelson Bays police area manager Inspector Brian McGurk said the incident began yesterday afternoon on State Highway 6 near Nelson.

A highway patrol officer with a speed detector clocked the motorcycle at 202km/h heading towards Nelson.

Thank feck for that... I was half expecting to read "In Wellington on Saturday morning on a silver Gixxer thou or yellow Buell", and then I'd have been getting abusive PMs from WT. But hey, Jimbo made me do it
    Team Brehaut Racing - VMCC/MNZ #67
    supported by Team Brehaut Racing, GARAGE Espresso, TSS Red Baron, Walker & McLuskie Ltd, Porirua Auto Crash Repairs,
    Jackson Van Interiors, Super Save Cars, Supreme Screens Ltd, & Slotmedia.co.nz

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    In todays Herald .... :sly:

A motorcyclist was clocked at 202km/h fleeing a pursuing police patrol yesterday before being caught at the end of a no-exit road.

just another statistic waiting to happen.

Skyryder

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
    Does anyone else think that trying to get away down a no exit road is a bit daft ?
    Yeah that did strike me as being a bit silly

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    escape down a road posted as 'no escape (or maybe it wasn't that obvious?)' .
    "go directly to jail , do NOT collect $200 cause damn you're stupid" Don't care how good your riding is, if you go down a no exit road (zero points for realising and hiding the bike too properly!) you just doubled your chances of getting nicked. He would've been better to carry on and out speed the next HP car. silly sod

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    "Give the guy a break'?, maybe a couple of broken legs so that he doesn't endanger any one else for a while. Godamn moron.
    As for the LTSA ads, watch 'TopGear' and you'll see that different vehicles react differently to an impact, no two accidents are the same. As for the 5km/h difference in impact speed, reaction times and, dare I say it skill, will make more difference to the final result than whether you're travelling at 50 or 55 km/h.
    Lou
    Lou

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    That guy who crashed the GTO in Auckland (was that car unzipped or what!) has bought the urban speeding thing right back into focus. At least he only took himself out.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed

I can almost guarantee that if you were more honest with everyone and told us of your escapades on bikes, when you rode them that is, that you too would be called some of the names you just dished out to SpeedDemon- you hypocrite Cincinnati Kid.
    Have been totally honest or don't you fucken read - that is why I get shit in the first place.....what escapade of mine haven't I told people about (open road speeding, crashing, stunting, dragging, crashing, etc etc oh and crashing). I have been called most of the names I called SD....

HOWEVER - where I choose to be an idiot - I put only myself at risk - not kids etc who don't expect people to be doing 100kph outside their letterbox. Also - I have and never will speed in a 50 zone. Pull your fucken head in and quit playing the PC police....come argue once you have been wiped out by someone speeding in a residential zone...

Thread Information