Thread: raglan bound?

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA

raglan bound?

Any bikers from this site going on the Raglan run this Sunday?

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Presumably this is the Ulysses run?? I'll be going - although the weather forecast doesn't look too promising
    Meet at 9:00 at Bombay Xroads.

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA

Unhappy Lazy Biker?

Sorry Mike. I was intending to go but just coulkdn't get out of bed that early after a late Saturday night.

By the time one gets up, does the morning thing and gets to Otara by 9am, one must get up by 7 or 7:30. That writes off any Saturday night activities. Why are these things starting so early or am I the only lazy biker?

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    BB, you could laways have the use of my kids for the weekend...I switch the alarm off but they are up and about by 7. Now if only I could get them to make breakfast and bring it to me BTW are you going to summer Italia?

TTFN

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Just got back from the Raglan run - sorry you couldn't make it. I was in two minds when the alarm went off this morning - had a bit of a late night, too, plus the weather forecast was lousy. But decided to make the effort. Great ride! Couldn't believe how different the weather was from the forecast (heavy rain) and not too much traffic. Didn't see a cop till I got back to Takanini - decided to detour to Ardmore for the air show.l $25 to get in - a bit steep, but some great flying displays (1 Hercules + 1 Orion + 2 helicopters must be almost half N.Z.'s air force, I reckon). Started to rain just as I left, but not too heavy. Saw lots of (non-Ulysses) bikers coming back from Raglan - more bikes on the road than I've seen for a long time except the charity ride a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I've had a great day. Time to get into the home brew. Might even fire up the barbecue just to prove yet again that weather forecasters mostly get it wrong...

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    Thats it, rub it in, I'm a lazy b'stard
    Those stupid weather forecasters could forecast their way out of a paper
    bag!

Glad you had a great ride/day. I'm definitely making the effort next time!

Later,

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    I must be a lazy barstard as well  Didnt get out of bed until 9.30 so we blew it totally. I think I got in the shit for not getting up and out earlier!!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Thread Information