Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shoei XR1000 Helmet review

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil View Post
    Does anyone know if the RF1000 and the XR1000 are the same? I've tried on an XR and loved it but have found an RF on ebay (new) that's going to work out $80 cheaper including postage. They look the same to me but...
    They are the same. Merkins just like things to be "different". Go figure.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    Excellent, I will probably order the american one then, and hope that it doesn't invade any other countries on it's way here
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    '06 VTR250
    I've got a Raid 2 (S) it's about a 1 1/2 years old. I love it, it's a great lid! However, it's started feeling a bit to loose for my liking. I tried on a XR1000 (XS) the other day and I think it is the one for me! The only other lid I tried on that fit my odd shaped head was a Suomy Max Biaggi Replica, absolutely stunning helmet but at $999 it's just a little bit rich for me (if I win lotto, it's mine). The whisper kit sounds like a must have!
    Riding an "Antique Honda" since 2005...

“The secret to creativity, is knowing how to hide your sources” ~ Albert Einstein ~

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    I've just been snooping around the Shoe websites - it seems that the American model RF1000 comes with a Breath guard and a Chin curtain included, while the European model XR100 we get in NZ (which Hitcher confirms is the same) doesn't, although you can buy them as extras...
    Rip off!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be quoted out of context, then used against you.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by bert_is_evil View Post
    I've just been snooping around the Shoe websites -
    I thought we were discussing helmets.

Hope you found some nice ones to match your hand bag....

Bike
    Ducati Monster 821
    I tried but none of them seemed to include a chin curtain or a breath guard...

Thread Information