Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I a bad person?

Bike
    Registered. For now...

Am I a bad person?

Last night my mate rings me up. Says there is a sporting clay shoot on just down the road on Sunday, and am I going? "Yep, I'm in" I reply and the arrangements are made.
    Then I tell mrs What? who points out that Sunday is our wedding anniversary. The guilt thing is tried (to little avail, I might add...).
    Am I a bad person? Should I stay home with my wife all day, or should I go out and blow clay birds to little bits (well, that's the plan)?
    I am going, anyway - just wondering what others think
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    Guzzi
    She might be home when you get back but there will come a day when she will not. Count on it.

Skyryder

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by What?
    Am I a bad person? Should I stay home with my wife all day, or should I go out and blow clay birds to little bits (well, that's the plan)?
    Relax. If you were a bad person you would have shot your wife for interfering with your weekend of fun. They always do that guilt trip thing don't they. Remember, you're not suffering alone. Maybe there is a club for us unfairly picked on Husbands?

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    sporting clay shoot ... wedding anniversary ... bad person ... I am going, anyway
    I don't think you're a bad person, but your wife probably disagrees with me!

You're a brave man...

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Dunn
    If you were a bad person you would have shot your wife for interfering
    I must remember that one for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Dunn
    Maybe there is a club for us unfairly picked on Husbands?
    'Unfairly picked on husbands'? Half of that phrase is redundant...

Bike
    Sold
    Last night my mate rings me up. Says there is a sporting clay shoot on just down the road on Sunday, and am I going? "Yep, I'm in" I reply and the arrangements are made.
    Then I tell mrs What? who points out that Sunday is our wedding anniversary. The guilt thing is tried (to little avail, I might add...).
    Interesting question? Was it the voice of your wife who called you a bad person or the voice of your own conscience?

Zed

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Hmmmmmmmmm....well to be honest with ya mate if I was your wife I'd be pretty pissed. Oh hang on I get the feeling she is...

The thing is that it's kind of an indication of your priorities (I can hear some of you boys groaning from here!)...spending time with your wife and celebrating your marriage or hanging out with your mates shooting shit.

I'm divorced and a huge part of that was b/c I wasn't made a priority - ok, ok so my example is possibly the extreme side of your question but it's a slippery slope buddy.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    1994 hONDA VT250 Cruiser

bad boy

have to agree with the wife,days pretty special dude,hang on a mo,im seperated what the f///k do i no.

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    Your wife had to point out to you that Sunday was your wedding anniversary? As in, "Omigod, I didn't realize, I had totally forgotten, why didn't you remind me earlier?"
    Of course, given the alternatives:
    EITHER: a day of togetherness and tender intimacy, a renewal of the vows of eternal love and devotion, laughter and joy, reminiscence of shared pleasures in the past, and earnest hopes for the future, a candlelit dinner, soft music...
    OR: spending the day with mates shooting bits of clay into even smaller bits of clay
    It's no contest, eh?
    She'll get over it.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Nah mate your not a bad person,But ask your self this.How many times do you have a chance to shoot clays each year and how many times each year does your wife have a wedding anniversary.

Bike
    05 CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Your wife had to point out to you that Sunday was your wedding anniversary? As in, "Omigod, I didn't realize, I had totally forgotten, why didn't you remind me earlier?"
    Of course, given the alternatives:
    EITHER: a day of togetherness and tender intimacy, a renewal of the vows of eternal love and devotion, laughter and joy, reminiscence of shared pleasures in the past, and earnest hopes for the future, a candlelit dinner, soft music...
    OR: spending the day with mates shooting bits of clay into even smaller bits of clay
    It's no contest, eh?
    She'll get over it.

LOL
    Cracked me up, good call

Bike
    Yamaha FZ-1

Cool

If you have an "off" who is more likely to be your nurse??

ya mate or ya wife??

Your call.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    I'd say you were a "bad Husband"* when your wife had to point out that Sunday was your Anniversary. By that stage you had already lost. So you might as well go. But if you're expecting "any" before your next anniversary you'd better get her the greatest gift ever.

*- Her phrase I take it, whether she had to actually say it or has her voice programmed into your head.

Bike
    Walking
    First let me just change gear into "New age sensitive guy with a 99% understanding of a women" mode.

Clunk, clunk
    urr,, that up shift can stick a bit
    Clunk,
    Grinnnnd CLLunk

There thats got it!

RACEY!!
    How many times have I asked you to fix that Clutch?!

Right, What was the question? Arr yes.
    I FEEL your pain Mrs What?. If only he knew, All you were wanting is to be asked to come clay shooting with him!! To spend that part of the day together would bring great result later wouldn't it Dear.

Bike
    Borowed FZR1000 EXUP

Am I a bad person?

Mmmmmm....
    I don't know if your a bad person or not, but i do know choosing not to spend your Anniversary with your wife is unlikley to bring you too much joy.

Think about it this way (and I'm not being sexist), In a relationship - when the woman is happy - than man is almost always happy too.

It's one of those nature things!
    If I were you...............then who would be me???
    CB125 - CB200 - CB400/4 - CB650 - XJ600 - XJ550 - GPZ900R - CBX750F2 - GSX1100F - GSX1400K2

Thread Information