Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone coming our way?

Bike
    XB12R, FXR150, Ducati 400ss, 1125CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Hey Beemer,

Just wanted to let you know that from an overland motorcyclists perspective, what you are offering is appreciated more than you would realise.

In Iran, we were reading a map in the middle of Tehran, in 40 degree heat, trying to find out where the hell we were, when a guy on a bike pulled over and invited us to his house...Cheers
    Jaxi

i found that out while i was in mexico a couple of years ago...

there i was sitting in the middle of a round-about...
    looking at the map, wondering to myself if it was even the right way around, when a doggy looking character, came up and asked if he could help!!! blew me away for 2 reasons..

1. he was the first person to speak english to me in 3 weeks!
    2. he was polite, and very helpfull!! told me where to go!

what a ride so far!!!!

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    beemer if you get stuck for a few xtra beds .. I have a queen & two singles spare here as well
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Ag100

wellybob

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    We also hosted Tanya and Christian (who have made it home just this week) but we really enjoyed their company! Mind you, we had all of our guests for only about four days at a time - although with a certain Scotsman, that seemed like eternity...

I know what you mean Jaxi, all the couples we had staying said they appreciated being able to get washing done and just sitting and relaxing, knowing they didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time. My husband took them all out on rides to show them the sights and they all loved it because he took them on roads they may never have found themselves.

Apart from said Scotsman, we'd be happy to have any of our guests back for a return visit, especially Elke and Arne - they were lovely.

That is the problem with Wellington not having a camping ground - people on a budget have to stay out in the Hutt and it not only makes doing the tourist thing harder, it means everything involves travelling by bike as the trains aren't that close to the camping grounds. I love Wellington and I am sure most people would if they could walk from their accommodation to the city.
    Geez ya must be blind, Wellington has a camping ground right in the CBD, its called Pid-geon Park. friendly types give ya drink even

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    Geez ya must be blind, Wellington has a camping ground right in the CBD, its called Pid-geon Park. friendly types give ya drink even
    Yeah, but most people don't like meths...!

Cheers Chanceyy - you're in our neck of the woods, aren't you?
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I just ammended my first post in this thread, to add that we have a workshop and are happy for motorcyclists to use this to change tyres, oil, etc. We have all the tools and plenty of room, it was only when the last guest to stay mentioned how much he appreciated being able to change his oil while here that we realised it was something worth mentioning.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Do you think I should have a holiday from Welly and come up and change my oil?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Do you think I should have a holiday from Welly and come up and change my oil?
    If you arrived with wine and chocolates, sure! Tell Andy next time you see him that you've cleared it with me!

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    That is a very generous offer Beemer, I would also like to offer my place to stay but;
    1, I live in a bad part of the Westside.
    2, I could not even get in my street today because the armed defenders had it blocked off (for the 3rd time in 4 years)
    3, There is a dismantled bike in the spare room
    4, No bed, only floor
    5, It is difficult to get a good nights sleep what with all the racket from the exploding 'P' Labs
    After all that your still keen, then your too crazy and I fear you
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Mmn, would LOVE to come and stay but don't have any holidays left. Maybe another time?!!!

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Mmn, would LOVE to come and stay but don't have any holidays left. Maybe another time?!!!
    Sure, no worries.
    I was not kidding about No;2, either.
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki kle500
    That is a really generous offer,one that would be greatly appreciated and respected, by any genuine traveller, count me in, if you ever need it resciprocated over this way.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by tassiebhoy View Post
    That is a really generous offer,one that would be greatly appreciated and respected, by any genuine traveller, count me in, if you ever need it resciprocated over this way.
    That's a really tempting offer, I'd love to visit Tasmania one day. We've enjoyed just about all our visitors so far and it's nice to offer them someone to chill out for a few days. They don't have to do any riding at all when at our place and it's a good chance to work on the bike, get their clothes washed and dried, and enjoy some (we like to think so anyway!) good food and company in a peaceful setting.

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Hiya, Beemer!

Don't forget that I've threatened to visit some time! And do you mind if the bottle of whisky has been opened? (I recently bought a bottle duty free, then discovered it aggravates the arthritis! That'll teach me to waste money on expensive booze...)

Anyway, I've had a couple from Murka ask about touring UnZud latert his year (around November, if I recall.) I've already ask them if they're bludgers or related to "a certain Scotsman" (my profound apologies for that) , and they assured me they're not, and that they'll help with dishes and whatnot.
    Perhaps I'll kick the boys out and they can come and live at my house...
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I don't mind if the bottle has been opened, as long as you wiped the top after drinking from it!

November would be okay for us - and thanks for checking to see if they were related to THAT guy - hey, he can be like the Scottish play, the one whose name you don't dare mention for fear of incurring bad luck...

Funnily enough, we've had several couples and a few single travellers and the couples are far more relaxing to have around. Maybe it's just easier having two people to chat to. Most of the single ones have been quite hard work, it's like they are reluctant to share more than the basic name, age, occupation with you!

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough, we've had several couples and a few single travellers and the couples are far more relaxing to have around. Maybe it's just easier having two people to chat to. Most of the single ones have been quite hard work, it's like they are reluctant to share more than the basic name, age, occupation with you!
    I'd guess the singles are archetypal "loner bikers".
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Thread Information