Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, I need some advice...

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Blair
    I use a pair of Spidi overboots when it rains. They are a bit of a pain to put on when you're on the side of the road, it's easier to put them on sitting down on a chair. They are very good, they zip up at the back and they are 100% waterproof. they're made of waterproof fabric. You can't walk around in them too much or the bottoms will wear out, but I would recommend them. I got mine from Motomail, they cost around $80.
    thems the ones i was talking about. Ive seen a few people wearing them and they seem like a bloody good idea to me.
    Anything to keep the rain out has to help keep ya warm I think
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2004 636
    plastic bag then normal socks. just a REAL bad smell later but im a guy and dont care.

Bike
    2004 636
    update my budgie just died after taking plastic bag off so my need some odour eaters to go with those

Bike
    2004 636
    woooooooooooooo heeeeeeeeee

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Blair
    And I wear Icebreaker socks, you can get several different weights/styles. They're not cheap, but they're very good. I also have a pair of silk socks, very thin, that I wear under the Icebreakers when it's very very cold. same with gloves, I have a silk pair that I wear under my Spidis when it's really cold. And a silk balaclava. And a silk long-sleeved skivvy thing (for under the Icebreaker tops) The silk stuff really does work, and it's thin so you're not adding bulk.

I hope that's all official "Ducati" silk stuff you're wearing,Loris wouldn't approve if it's not
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    So old you won't care
    So it's true?

Stand in one place long enough and eventually all the old posts come past... Amazin' Who wudda thought eh?

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    I hope that's all official "Ducati" silk stuff you're wearing,Loris wouldn't approve if it's not

It's not, but I'm going to get Loris and Troy to autograph it all at the GP so that'll make it official.

Being frustrated is disagreeable.

But the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.

Bike
    R6
    Hi Claire,

If your mate's boots don't fit and you want some new ones, there's heaps of good brands out there, from my experience finding one to fit the shape of your feet and calves is the most important. For keeping warm, if you spend the extra bucks and get a pair guaranteed waterproof, you won't need any thermal socks. I've done a few cold kiwi's and always been the only one with warm feet cause they were dry! I'm laybuying a new pair at the moment, and they are lifetime guaranteed waterproof with two velcro adjusters on the calf (to fit my chicken legs). Dunno if you've ever binned, but don't forget the armour you'll be glad of it!

Cheers, Draco

Gumboots are really hard to change gear in. Really hard unless u like riding in first

Thread Information