Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why we like leather

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Smoker
    With draggin jeans, they are rated at about 140 kmh (look at the website and download the video of him getting dragged on his arse by motorcycles and a dragster) he stood up and it had gone through the jeans but not the kevlar....
    Doesnt work so well on chipseal though??
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    Doesnt work so well on chipseal though??
    Yep it does, look at the website, it has heaps of tests and photos.....

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    buy the thickest cow or skippy you can (they're chops now anyway so you'd might as well make use of the hide!). 0.8mm seems kinda skinny tho (ok on gloves where needed for feel) . I think the thickest i've seen advertised is 1.4mm on top one piece suits and the thicker the better (sure, they get a bit hefty but once you're in it, you forget about them).

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkiwi
    but once you're in it, you forget about them).
    Until you stop your bike that is........and then the race suit quickly becomes a wet suit

Bike
    Guzzi
    I came across a site some time ago that dealt with the very issues being raised. Leather v synthetics. The short answer was that leather stood up margainly better than synthetics in the slides. Where the difference was that the synthetics overall were of better quality than some of the leather wear. The problem with the cheaper leathers was the stitching in the seams and the design of the jackets and how seams stood up to stress. I think the very best leathers are superior to the very best of the synthetics but it is the sudden stop that does all the damage and in this area I do not think there is a lot of difference between the two.

Skyyryder

Thread Information