Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Domino's Pizza Delivery

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Probably irrelevant, they are almost certain to be contractors.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    '06 Honda Fartblood
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz
    Coming home from work I spotted a Domino's pizza delivery lad on a scooter - the only protection a Helmet and a Fluro vest!!

No jacket
    No pants
    No gloves
    No boots
    You say he was without pants? Bit of a perv wasn't he?
    Keep it rubber-side down...

Bike
    dirty ns2fiddyr
    Can't imagine I would have done contracting for 4 bucks an hour... GST reg not neccesary, as low wage, but ACC payments etc... Mind you, the kids won't know what they aren't told.

If it was my guys on the building site, and they got hurt because I didn't provide the gear, my personal liability is limited to $50,000 and the company liability is up to $500,000 on each count. Can get expensive if guys aren't wearing useless fluro vests and the osh inspector is having a bad day...
    Work is of course different to the home, and I will happily do the most dodgy things on my own
    Boyd hh er Suzuki are my heroes!
    The best deals, all the time!

Bike
    2006 PX 200
    I always ride in jandals, shorts and usually a sweatshirt or something.

I don't care that I am unprotected. If I crash, my problem. I've had a fair bit of gravel rash from pushbike crashes faster than 60km/hr, and I think it is just part of the risk of riding a bike, or in this case scooter.

Bike
    GSF1200S K6 Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by MGST
    To the person who wrote to the pizza company, you deserve some sort of award. Good on you for having the balls to ask the pizza company to explain themselves. I will be very interested to see thier reply.
    I'm not looking for any award, just concerned that the company is not making sure their staff are looked after.

I wonder also what their response will be, hopefully now that they now this issue is in the public arena it will force them to do more.

I will post their reply, and will chase them up if I don't hear from them.
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Lol, I admire your sense of humour mate, good to see a few of us don't mind a bit of stirring

Bike
    GSF1200S K6 Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnny

I don't care that I am unprotected. If I crash, my problem. I've had a fair bit of gravel rash from pushbike crashes faster than 60km/hr, and I think it is just part of the risk of riding a bike, or in this case scooter.
    Interesting attititude, but my thinking on this is that if you crash if isn't just your problem, it will be a problem by anyone that may be affected by your crash, rangeing from your family, friends, your employer, etc, not to mention the acc levies etc etc.

I won't force my opinion on anyone (apart from my children) and if you ride like / how you do it's your choice, in this case though I believe that the employee should be either provided with the adeqaute equipment, or it should be stipulated by the employer that the rider should wear the adequate gear.
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Lol, I admire your sense of humour mate, good to see a few of us don't mind a bit of stirring

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000

OK that's your call, but as you get a bit more experienced and want to get a bit more adventurous with your riding you may find your attitude will change.

I don't always wear full protective gear either, but one rule I do stick to is NO BARE SKIN. Helmet, gloves, solid footwear and some other full covering is the absolute minimum. Even for commuting to work its a leather jacket, and for longer trips or cooler weather its full leathers.

As for someone who is required to ride as part of their job there is every reason to always wear full protective gear.
    Time to ride

Bike
    R1100s / SV400

Ifwe lived in a country where YOU paid for your medical expesnses and families well being while you recouperated, I could agree with it being your call. As we live in a country where those who play by the rules (and try to do the right thing) pay for the expenses of those who need protecting from their own stupidity, I don't see why my Taxes, ACC levies, Insurance Premiums, relicencing fees should be continually increasing to cover attitudes like this.
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Bike
    Triumph

Blah

these kids are our future,someones babies.i have seen horrific injuries of guys what have had 50K collision accidents,usually the car hasn"t seen them.they may be on small bikes but they are out in the elements and have vthe same risks as the "big boys".employers like that are scumbags.
    <span style=font-family: Century Gothic><font size=4><font color=DarkOrchid>Live and let live</font></font></span>

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kro
    You cannot be serious that these "kids" have no idea what potential danger they face riding a 2 wheeled vehicle with a minimum of gear, at a steady 50kph.
    Meet a kid exactly like that... cause they haven't crashed and learnt from the hard way yet.
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase
    hard to save up for a grands worth of kit when you earn $4 an hour.

I agree with the posters who say that the company should supply the gear. a decent jacket at least.
    They pad $10 an hour plus $4 for every delivery made.

On another note I just got back from the shore I rode my scooter over the bridge and back in shorts, half face, t-shirt and shoes.
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    dirty ns2fiddyr
    You're in trubble!!!!!

Edit) and wheres my pizza biartch?? I got 5 bucks with your name on it!!
    Boyd hh er Suzuki are my heroes!
    The best deals, all the time!

Bike
    Suzuki B-King, Fatbob, YammyTricker
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    They also gave him that fluro vest don't forget! If it was my company I would make the guy wear jandels, more of a deterrent for not crashing.
    Fuck that was funny (just for a second)

Learn to ride - Basic Skills Handling Testing
    NZTA Approved Motorcycle Instructor
    www.ridertraining.co.nz

Learn to Ride - Basic Handling Skills (BHS) Training and Testing - Onroad Coaching for Restricted/Full Licence Tests
    Auckland Training grounds 63 Mihini Road Henderson
    0800 LRN2RD Txt\ imessage 021878755 or 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    2006 PX 200
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander
    Ifwe lived in a country where YOU paid for your medical expesnses and families well being while you recouperated, I could agree with it being your call. As we live in a country where those who play by the rules (and try to do the right thing) pay for the expenses of those who need protecting from their own stupidity, I don't see why my Taxes, ACC levies, Insurance Premiums, relicencing fees should be continually increasing to cover attitudes like this.
    My insurance pay for any medical expenses I have, something I pay a substantial amount out of my pocket for. And, surprisingly enough, my "stupidity" means I ride defensively and have never had to make a claim for an accident. Funny that.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    Meet a kid exactly like that... cause they haven't crashed and learnt from the hard way yet.
    Lokks like there's one posting on this thread. Hopefully hr'll learn before he kills himself.
    Time to ride

Thread Information