Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Chch member (petesmeats)

Bike
    1987 Honda CBR 600 FH

New Chch member (petesmeats)

Hey guys just joined last week and am finding my way round at the moment.
    Got my full liscence and a bike over summer. Loving riding and ride almost every day. No doubt ill see some of you guys up the hills and whatnot.
    Real good resources and tips from what i have seen so far. I am looking forward to getting along for a few mid winter rides with some people.
    CHUR

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Good thing about winter riding is......... you wake up...yeah the sun at last. Quick coffe, bike out, we are off, 50 km up the road it's pissing down, i mean your view is a white sheet, you are two up, 5km to the nearest shelter, you get there and its stops, and where did that wind come from?... all good fun
    Welcome and enjoy it, nothing beats it.......

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Welcome to the site, no doubt we'll see you around. Keep an eye out for a sedately ridden GSXR1000 with a onearmed rider, that'll be me......honestly.....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter O'Byrne
    Hey guys just joined last week and am finding my way round at the moment.
    Got my full liscence and a bike over summer. Loving riding and ride almost every day. No doubt ill see some of you guys up the hills and whatnot.
    Real good resources and tips from what i have seen so far. I am looking forward to getting along for a few mid winter rides with some people.
    CHUR
    Congrads on the licence thing and welcome to KB. keep an eye on the events forum we get up to a bit of trouble now and again... ther will be a ride to Greta Vally soon.

Quote Originally Posted by maha man
    Good thing about winter riding is......... you wake up...yeah the sun at last. Quick coffe, bike out, we are off, 50 km up the road it's pissing down, i mean your view is a white sheet, you are two up, 5km to the nearest shelter, you get there and its stops, and where did that wind come from?... all good fun
    Welcome and enjoy it, nothing beats it.......
    That may be so up your way... but down here, wake up to a -8 frost... yeah the sun at last now -10. quick coffee, wait till temp hits the + bout 10am, we are off exelent weather not a cloud in the sky thermals working well but fingers going num... back home by 3pm as the temp now drops below 0 again.
    dry as down here may be colder but finer
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    1987 Honda CBR 600 FH
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    That may be so up your way... but down here, wake up to a -8 frost... yeah the sun at last now -10. quick coffee, wait till temp hits the + bout 10am, we are off exelent weather not a cloud in the sky thermals working well but fingers going num... back home by 3pm as the temp now drops below 0 again.
    dry as down here may be colder but finer
    Thats all well and good if you dont have a couple of 8am classes that you 'cant' miss. For people like me who are unable to wait till positive numbers we have to grin and bear until we get to uni where we can warm the digits by playing with balls... in crowded lecture theatre (takes the full 50 minutes). Then by the time classes and work is finished for the day negative numbers again till i get home... and let someone else play with balls...
    Wouldnt have it any other way... I LOVE RIDING

Bike
    89 BMW R100GS, 71 R75/5, 72 R50/5,
    Welcome to KB Peter, enjoy the site mate. Might see ya around chch sometime hopefully.

Bike
    Welcome aboard :spudwave:

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Welcome matey
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    2007 SUZUKI GSXR1000
    welcome. good to see you on some rides
    S.G.C. & C.K.M.C.

Bike
    Buell XB12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter O'Byrne
    Thats all well and good if you dont have a couple of 8am classes that you 'cant' miss. For people like me who are unable to wait till positive numbers we have to grin and bear until we get to uni where we can warm the digits by playing with balls... in crowded lecture theatre (takes the full 50 minutes). Then by the time classes and work is finished for the day negative numbers again till i get home... and let someone else play with balls...
    Wouldnt have it any other way... I LOVE RIDING
    Welcome to damn shit hot and cool Kb chch chapter
    At least on my wheels to work i get a chance to warm up...the pedal kind... but damn that frost REALLY sucks at times!
    So far so good... altho the wind was a bit much this morning...woosed out and brought the loaner car (BIG PLUS to Hollands Suzuki for the loaner till my new wheels arrive )
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of Buells, for they are subtle and quick to wheelie!"
    --J RR1000 Tolkien

yank tank at Glenorchy 2006 rally

Bike
    2002 Bandit 1200s
    Welcome to the ChCh crew and the madhouse that is KB
    "Some people say that one's personality is reflected by the way they ride their bike........I’m screwed"

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    welcome to the site

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    kia ora peter

Bike
    RF900
    Welcome aboard, give my regards to the mainland

Bike
    Ducati 900ss The Guido Torpedo
    Welcome Peter, good to have another Honda in the family.
    Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire. -Samuel Johnson

Thread Information