Bike
    Assorted dinosaurs
    Blog Entries
    NOo,no,no,no,.......YES!
    ITS NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT,BUT WANTING WHAT YOUVE GOT
    https://hondacx500custombuild.blogspot.com/?m=1

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I'll slap this link in for those who want to now where the original concept for the CX came from- http://www.marusholilac.com/ml4.htm Note the dates. Just under a decade before the V7 was put on the market. Lilac was bought out by Honda.

Just scored another set of reverse comstars on trademe. Wanted them so much I even out bidded myself .

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    I'll slap this link in for those who want to now where the original concept for the CX came from- http://www.marusholilac.com/ml4.htm Note the dates. Just under a decade before the V7 was put on the market. Lilac was bought out by Honda.

Just scored another set of reverse comstars on trademe. Wanted them so much I even out bidded myself .
    and from there they must have built the bikes I posted in #36 http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...735#post577735
    But the transverse v2 was around well before the Lilac... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XI017.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	234833
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Scored a good 2 into 1 exhaust off tardme to replace the rather dented one that's fitted. A bargain. $5 under what I was prepared to pay including shipping. Just set an auto bid and Bob was your aunties/brothers/cousin. The spare front wheel had a good Avon, needs scuffing up though, on it but needed the bearings replaced. The spare rear is fine but has a clapped out conti on it. Might have a source for a spare tank and other bits too. Wouldn't mind altering a tank for an extra 60-80kms range. Guess I could carry jerry can like I use to do on the 550F.

Not counting running costs I'm still under a grand including spares and have clocked up around 30,000ks on the ol' girl. Kinda expected it would've turned it's toes up by now given I'm using her daily, as well as the odd weekend excurtions. Heaven forbid I even washed it last weekend. It just sits under the carport ready for its next wee romp.

Someone even suggested I should do it up last week. I just laughed.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    haha... check out these video clips of CX's

cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Hello kiddies. Just a quick note to let you know Le Trog is gunna get some Bonez luving this weekend. Got a Lazertec fitted to the spare front wheel. Also got a pair of motocross bars that'll go on. Nun of that namby pamby alloy crap. Cold hard steel cause the fuzzy wuzzies don't like it upemm ya'know.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Tiss all road legal again. Sports GL400 front forks now. A new front brake line has been fitted-just popped into Hydralink and got them to make one 50mms shorter than stock. Turned out the front axle was bent on my last oopsie. Had a spare as you do owning something this old. Decided I'm going to get a steel seat base made up.

Got a few 4ltr packs of oil that were $11 a pop and some empty 1ltr containers out of a bin at work to put it in for future longer rides.

Still need to aquire another tank so I can modify and increase the fuel range a bit.

Could some kind admin type please be so kind to move this thread to the Classic forum thanks.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    Still need to aquire another tank so I can modify and increase the fuel range a bit.
    Thought they did a reasonble distance on a tank? Mind you my last Shadow which was a tad moderfied full to right out and push the bugger was less than 200k
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Thought they did a reasonble distance on a tank? Mind you my last Shadow which was a tad moderfied full to right out and push the bugger was less than 200k
    Generally 220 pushing to 245/250 on taking it easy and filled to the brim without hitting reserve. I never include reserve into the equation. Mind you it's done around 180,000kms or so and things are a bit worn here n there. I'd like at least a firm 280 to 300k . Been spoilt by my CB750 and R80 I guess.

There's Aussie chap who put around a 2 1/2" strip in a tank to give extra range. An idea I've been toying with is a small alloy tank in the tail peice with a slight extention under the seat.

Bike
    1978 Honda CX500

Your old cx500 still goes hard

Hey Bonez, your old CX is now owned by me and going real good although had to replace an exhaust valve recently. Still in original state and clocking up more k's, don't know what's changed on it since then but looks fairly original still. A cheeky web search returned the license plate in this thread so I might find some info buried about any major work by chance, not that it really matters being so long ago (can't imagine anything too shocking apart from k's). Guy I bought it from had it as a potential parts bike but didn't end up using any of it. 1 year away from its 40th and looking forward to its pensioner benefits.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    whats the milage?
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    motocompo
    No caption required
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	588.1 KB 
ID:	328773  

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    OHHHhhhhh... thats just so wrong, I love it
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    1978 Honda CX500
    Ha, took me a while to figure out what I was looking at with that bike.

K's wouldn't have a clue at what's reality but carjam doesn't look that's uprising. I should also probably check and confirm its still the same engine number as it's probably changed a few hands with little info being passed on. Both the guy I got it from and going by what Bonez has said in this thread it's well over 200k's, but if you ignore the huge spike in the graph it could be under?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	328774

Bike
    1978 Honda CX500
    Clock only goes to 100 on these things so I think that spike is someone adding a 1 in front because they new it had been round the clock already. Still wouldn't align exactly though.

Thread Information