Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbuie Gurl Wgtn (neats)

Bike
    Bus/Waiwai express/Train GN250 RIP

Newbuie Gurl Wgtn (neats)

Hi, new from Wellywood. Just getting in to posting and all that. So far so good. Heaps of helpful members.

I ride a GN 250. Nothing flash but I'm not complaining. It goes well for what I've done on it (very little might i add).

I'm wanting to know if anyone out there can give me some advice on lowering a FXR 150. I'm told the seat height is 76 cm. I want to bring it down to 70 cm perhaps 69 cm.. Some suggestions are to get the seat remoulded, lower the forks and low profile tyres. Can someone put it all together for me and give me some numbers. Not quiet sure on how to explain this to the mechanic/ engineer etc.

Thanks.

P.S.

Are there ne other girls in Wgtn who are going through the licence thing that want to go for a ride? Will need patience with me, not bad on a farmbike but not that hot on the road.

Bike
    VTR1000, RM 250 and a few toys
    Welcome neats. First thing that came to my mind is lowering the suspension as you said. Dont know any figures for you though

Enjoy the site.
    You know you had a good nite when you have to ask someone if you had a good nite.

Bike
    Bus/Waiwai express/Train GN250 RIP

ta

Thanks.

I think i can get 2 cm out of the suspension, about one with low profiles tyres. The seat, i don't know, maybe 0.5 cm. I need atleast 6 cm so I'm looking for some better odds before i spend money on it.

As i said earlier, most shops won't touch it. That might change if i can give them a few ideas.

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    Welcome Neats.
    Sorry dont know too much about your query. Although there are plenty of guys and girlz on the site that could help you.

Safe riding.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800

welcome

Hi Neats, welcome aboard. Why dont you come along on the newbie ride and meet other riders going thru the licence process. Check the thread under "Meetings and Events"
    or click here:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27270
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Welcome to the site!.

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    drop the front forks and get a modified dog bone made up for the rear or possibly sort out a smaller spring - IF you do it this way it ill defininately require harder suspension so you ill sacrafice ride comfort in favour of ride height, dont konw if fxr's have adjustable front forks? if they dont you will need a new set of springs and new 15w+ oil in it or similar - rear shock needs to be treated similar if you get a new dog bone made up (thats an art but just an idea, could score it off something else.)

But then again 6cm is abit of a drop IMO should be sweet though.

Bike
    Gixxer
    Quote Originally Posted by neats
    As i said earlier, most shops won't touch it. That might change if i can give them a few ideas.

Your kidding?
    Have they said why?
    Motorcycing is not a hobby, It is a way of life!

Missed forever! NEVER FORGOTTEN!!
    LIVE ON MY FRIENDS!

Friends dont let friends ride Hyosungs

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    6cm change is steering geometry is definately going to have some major effects on handling.

I'd suggest that you forget low profile tyres, that sounds like a suggestion from someone used to cars, and bike tyres are different. Very much doubt it would be possible anyway.

One simple aid you may have overlooked (works well for chicks) is boots with thick platform soles. You can easily get 2 or 3 cm that way. And much cheaper than major structural changes to the bike.

Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    soon my pretty... $$$ building...
    hey welcome to the site!

You should PM Jimdaworm, as he had a lowered fxr150, and might be able to help you out - he's in Welli too, for a bit.

Bike
    Bandit 250(for sale), 636
    Honestly i would come out on a ride with us and ask nicely if you can sit on phoenixgtr's fxr150 and str8jacket's rg150.

Welcome to kb by the way, looking forward to seeing you around!
    1990 Suzuki Bandit GSF 250 for sale 39k kms $3,500

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Welcome to the site neats. Catch ya on one of the rides.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Suzuki GN250

welcome

nice to see another GN250 rider out there!! Ill have to come down to welly for a ride one day

Bike
    So old you won't care
    I reckon the GN250 would have to be one of THE greatest bikes ever made. How many people got their starts on these things! How many do you see every day! Amazing!

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    and str8jacket's rg150.
    Mate! If you were any where near me right now I'd kick your bloody arse! My poor bike is not a suzuki, its a Kawasaki KR150
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Thread Information